1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wait and see how this one'll be taken out of context...

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Dec 29, 2011.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

So which (waste of) paper will ignore 90+% of the article and take one quote out of context just so they can create a "Modric demands summer move to Chelsea" story first?

2. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Just seen this on Sky, the dick on there focused only on that sentence!, we must state that he was speaking in Croatian to a Croatian newspaper, so there's translation and interpretation involved here. Why is another question <doh>.

3. All of this could so easily be avoided if Moddy simply and firmly stated, "I will not be leaving Spurs."

But when he frames his comments in such terms as "I am almost 100% certain," then it's bound to lead to more speculation from the gutter press and the sworn enemies of the mighty Spurs. Moddy doesn't do either himself or us any favours.

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

but we would also disect a statement like such if it was made by say RVP of arsenal........(little a)

until a player does as was suggested by HIAG and basically says 'fk off im not leaving' then that leaves room for speculation...yes he does say hes staying but he always leaves alot to be confirmed and does stutter a bit.....when hes got time to explain why hes staying and how professional he is and not to mention that there might be a little chance...then for me a little bit of him is still eyeing a move....ill play for tottenham for half ...no quarter his wage and ill be happy t0 pencil in a 12 years contract and start giving the press one word answers.....Moddy though is a bit of a little fox it seems....he knows where his bread is butterd so is keeping the spurs faithful happy but yet for me is still eyeing a move to Chelsea..that is what baffles me...why oh why join a club like Chelsea when you could be playing free flowing attracrtive football reminiscnet of the dutch team of the 70's who were renowned for thier total football......at spurs?

and what can u buy at 150k a week that a man on 100k cant buy?

greed utter greed

5. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Nothing's certain though is it HIAG? If PSG offered us 80 million could we say no? I am quite happy with what he said which, if you read between the lines, says that he is not interested in a January move. If we carry on in the same vain, performancewise he will have no reason to leave in the summer either.

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i think it was the money and not the football that turned his head Chirpy so ithink whilst thier are clubs willing to pay 150k plus in wages then modric will have his head turned a plebty unless we as a club advance so much on the pitch that he feels a fool for even considering leaving...so id say once we have won the league come May due to the 2 manc clubs killing each other off and us sneaking in unoticed.......Moddy will stay forever so i think we are ok...plusa he cn go to chelsea when hes 34 and by then Toress will have found his foot.......imagine hiw good he can be if he found his feet

7. True enough, Chirps. I cannot fault you in what you say.

To be fair, what Moddy is saying is exactly how I think I would handle things in his shoes (assuming, of course, that I wasn't the rabid Spurs supporter that I am), and I, too, would play it cool. What is highly positive is that he is, at least, now talking in terms of staying with us, whereas in the Summer his talk was all about leaving. That, for me, is a massive stride forward towards our keeping him for longer.

8. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

For some reason Pav's agent has decided to announce that the only side to be making an offer for Pav is a last resort...

<doh>

9. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Sorry Lukey. Far from feeling wrathful, the overwhelming majority of us are giggling like schoolgirls. For most of us this is the best we have ever been and no "what ifs" are going to spoil the party. I know you have a grudging admiration for Spurs (why else would you be such a regular fixture here?) so you must understand that we are mostly in cup half full mode right now.

10. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

No doubt Modrics comments are answers to questions put to him and designed to produce an exciting article.

Without the questions the whole thing looks more 'interesting'

Hot Air! means nothing, he's playing for Spurs and we are doing well and that is all that matters for now.

11. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

It's in his interest to talk about it. Even if he wants to stay on, it may well get Levy to think about sorting his contract sooner rather than later.

12. humanbeingincroydon

You take home £75k after tax, rather than £50k. So an mid-level BMW 3 Series every week!

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm sorry but
    suggests that he is already thinking about leaving, again.

14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It really doesn't.
    It suggests that if there was some sort of ridiculous offer from a ridiculous club, then he wouldn't turn it down.

Getting desperate at the Emirates, aren't you?

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

No.

Sorry PNP, but whatever sort of spin you want to try and put on this, it doesn't exactly instill confidence that Modric wants to stay at Spurs.

16. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but
    "I would always say that, theoretically, there is a small chance I could leave, if the club receive a suitable offer and it's one I wouldn't want to turn down, but the reality is that I expect to stay at Spurs until June, and then we will see."
    suggests that he is already thinking about leaving, again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you having difficulty with these words? wage negotiation speak.

17. humanbeingincroydon

PISKIE is a closet Mail sport's journalist...

18. Big Chief

Big Chief Active Member

He's certainly not a closet bell end.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's the worst insult you could bestow on me <cry>

I know Spurs fans don't want Modric to leave, that's totally understandable. I would feel the same way if it were our best player. (We had it with Fabregas) But don't make fools out of yourselves by trying to claim that his words don't raise questions about his future at Spurs.

20. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

nothing to do with going,just getting Levy moving to offer him his new contract and pay rise