1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why we don't need Cardiff in the premiership

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Jan 13, 2012.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Taken from a palace forum

Absolute scumbags. Especially the revolting mob of about 20 who piled through the Garage forecourt before the game. One of this happy band decided to put his face within inches of mine while screaming and spitting 'BLUE ARMY' at the top of his voice - another booted my Thermos mug and then a couple of others shoved me backwards over the dwarf wall. As a 63 yr old with a heart condition I was clearly the only soft option available for these cowardly thugs.

Fortunately a hedge broke my fall, and a terrific young (Under 16 I'd have thought) Palace fan helped me to my feet. Using the simple expedient of looking away, this at least saved the Police who were less than 20 yds away in their van, from having to break off their conversation and come out in the cold.

Despite being a bit shaken up and having a few additional aches and pains this morning I have survived the experience, but will I be going to Cardiff? - not a chance. To the Palace lad who came to my help, whoever you are, my sincere thanks, you're more of a man than these scum will ever be. gwynhale-PlanetSwans

Have to admit, they have more than their fare share of the dross, and I can't see it changing either, it's no wonder they have the highest number of Banning orders, in the entire League pyramid, guarantee if they came up, they would give Wales a bad reputation, I really am starting to hope they choke again this year, can do without this embarrassment............
    please log in to view this image

2. thaitaffy

thaitaffy Active Member

Unfortunately,every team has a.. holes,but Cardiff more than others it seems.Dont they realize they are not helping their team,supporters and City and Wales.Sad times ,bring back the berch,it will make them think twice,especially being whipped in front of an home match.

3. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

I really feel sorry for that Palace fan. I've been caught in the middle of trouble at the south wales derby. Not fun for me or my 62 year old dad!

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

an obvious WUM, but i'll give you the honest answer you dont deserve...

when was the above incident? the 1980's? footballs moved on since then, i've only been going to see cardiff in the noughties so i can only comment on that, and especially in the CCS theres very little trouble, every club has its thugs, swansea included, but we've won awards for family club of the year, google it if you want, and we'd certainly not be an embarrasment to the club and wales..

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

didn't some one from your lot recently get sent down for assaulting a Bristol supporter outside the ground .? I believe that your guys pointed out the culprit to the police ,if so good on them .

6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

All clubs have hooligans, including ours unfortunately, but as for "when was the above incident? the 1980's? footballs moved on since then" then you are either ignorant or taking the piss.

Tell that to the Geordies who got pelted with stuff from above at SJP by your lot when they were in the Championship. Or our supporters who had a brick through their coach window at Villa (that's a Prem team, btw) just last week.

It can't be denied that Cardiff almost has a Millwall-esque reputation - and you don't get that unless it's deserved, even if the numbers involved have been reduced in recent times due to tighter policing. Why do you think Cardiff fans are despised up and down the country? That didn't just happen overnight. The Premier League has been holding its breath in recent times hoping Cardiff slip up in the playoffs and you haven't let them down, thank god. Same will happen this year I suspect.

But truth is don't want you in our league because I don't like you. Simple.

7. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

8. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

unfortunately cardiff still have a hard core of thugs, i remember when they played pompey at wembley they went on the rampage and picked on this skinhead, they beat him up and scarpered when the police arrived.... and it turned out they only picked on and put this bloke in hospital who was a fellow cardiff fan.....you could not make it up could you...<doh> true event....

9. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Sadly every club has it's thugs. Okay, Cardiff, Millwall, West Ham etc have a worst reputation thatn most, but we/other fans are tarring all Bluebirds, Hammers etc with the same brush. It isn't fair.

What happened to the Palace fan isn't fair and uncalled for, but it happens in everyday life. People get stuck up in the atmosphere and things happen.

So, let's not make a huge deal of it by posting it all on here. Hopefully the chap is okay and whoever did it should be punished, but don't take it out on all the other Cardiff fans.

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Didn't you play Palace in the cup recently?? We don't need to dig into the 1980's!!.......................... <doh>

11. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

<laugh>.

12. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

hmm.

that was taken from that forum..

if its true then of course i cant defend these peoples actions, though i would take this 'allegation' with a pinch of salt unless i'm proven to be wrong... where is this mans proof, did he report the incident to the police? personally i wouldnt regard something plucked from an obscure forum as gospel but i may be wrong..

13. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

i think it would be great for 2 Welsh sides to be in the BPL, lots more for false Aussie to moan about

14. It'sChicoTime

Can this just be ****ing dropped?

I am sick and tired of logging onto this forum, to speak with fans of my football club, to have to sift through thread's that have no goddam relevance to my club.

Swansea are Welsh. Cardiff are Welsh. There is rivalry of course, that's football, but this pure ****ing hatred is sad, pathetic and low.

I want Cardiff in the PL. Actually, I would love Cardiff in the PL. Two Welsh sides in the best league in the world. A small minority of fans won't stop me wishing they would join us!!!!

15. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

totally agree JackAsh

16. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Not sure what's wrong with Phil .... I'd welcome Cardiff into the Premier with open arms ... that way there is only two other teams we would have to be better than to stay up .... Cheers !

17. Crackerjack

Oops !! Sorry Phil , didn't really read the article , thought it was one of your bit of banter specialties . Hope your ok . Lot of bad fans in football , on all teams , some worse than others , some not as much . Again , sorry for making light of what happened , didn't mean to . Cheers !

18. It'sChicoTime

It didn't happen to Phil Cracker, it supposedly happened to a Palace fan.

19. nathswans

nathswans Member

The best local derby in the best league would be awesome!!

20. Crackerjack