1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alan Pardew

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by AdamBanana20, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

Hey guys,saints fan in peace here.

As most of you probably know,Alan Pardew was manager of Southampton.I always thought that he did well to rebuild the team and get us to winning ways.He was always good at buying good "unknown" players,I would say that that is his main quality as a manager.

He did well at Southampton,but our chairman decided that he had to go due to reasons unknown to us saints fans.Then Nigel Adkins arrived and the rest is history,I really like him he is a great person and manager.

I'm not really that surprised at how you are doing to be honest,I thought you would be in the top 8.Pardew bought some great players like Cabaye,Ba,Santon and you all ready had Hatem Ben Arfa who is a gifted footballer so I knew you'd be doing well in the premier league which is good to see as I quite like Newcastle.

So things work out well for our two great clubs,you got Pardew after Hughton got sacked and we got Adkins after Pardew got sacked.

I guess most of your fans must rate Pardew quite highly,am I right?
    What do you think he has done to galvanize the club?

2. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I heard he was shagging the skippers missus. Thats why he got fired.

3. The Strawberry Syrup Man

The Strawberry Syrup Man Well-Known Member

Wasn't that at West Ham?

4. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

It's Pards, he'd be able to pull any players wife.

5. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

That's a rumour.Don't know if it is true or false.

6. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

7. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Heard he went through a few of the players wives.

8. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

We didn't want him when he first arrived, there was a poll in our local paper done and 98% of people were against him as manager, but steadily that has changed and now that figure is the complete reverse.

For me his main attribute this season has been getting the best out of average players such as Ryan Taylor, Danny Guthrie, James Perch, Danny Simpson (at times) and Leon Best, the two main examples being Best and Ryan Taylor who were having cracking seasons by their standards until injuries hit them.

Not only that but he seems to get the best out of players with potential in the squad who were never quite good enough before, Steven Taylor being the main example of that.

I think most of the signings have been Graham Carr dealings (chief scout) but its still Pardews job to manage the players and personalities and hes done a cracking job of doing so, the dressing room are 100% on his side and he has instilled a gritty determination in each and every one of the players, which means even when we're not at our best, which we haven't been since January until West Brom, we are still capable of pulling out results and that's something we've never been able to do for a long time.

As a tactician he leaves a little bit to be desired at times and can often leave us frustrated with the occasional hoofball tactics and strange sub choices but he seems to be learning that we have the right personell available to play football on the ground and recently doesn't seem to scared to change things and be more creative with his formations. Which IMO is the sign of a manager who is growing in ability and confidence.

I fully expect him to improve us next season with hopefully 4 or 5 more shrewd signings in the summer.

Hes totally changed my view of him and I'm one of those people who was disappointed when he was first appointed.

9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

When he was first appointed a large part of the reason people were against him was because we didn't really know/understand why Hughton had been sacked. Hughton was, and still is, popular in Newcastle as he was a departure from every other manager who starts interviews with "i'm not going to make excuses" and then goes on to make excuses.

None of that was Pardews fault really but he had to ride the storm and now all is well. I'm still amazed when i look at the league, all we need now is for Liverpool to beat Everton in the FA Cup semi-final and i'll be pinching myself at how we've done.

10. Merino's Ballerina Feet

Merino's Ballerina Feet Well-Known Member

ha ha loving it... Pardew is a tru legend

11. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I think you should add to that his handling of HBA. He's nurtured an injured player with confidence, attitude and work rate issues, who was unfamilar with the English League and turned him out fit, motivated and ready to muck in when things get messy. He can't take credit for his outrageous skill, but there's a lot he can take credit for

12. Agent Bruce

A man for all seasons.

13. Darth Gogledd

Darth Gogledd Well-Known Member

This.

It'll be intersting to see how Pards gets players like Vuckic, Fergie and Abeid into the team in the coming months.

14. Agent Bruce

Their day will come. They're knocking on the door now and I don't think they'll let us down when the time comes.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The future is very bright

16. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Had a great season with us, having shown the odd sign of being a decent manager last season. Got to say Adkins has done a great job at Southampton.

17. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

He has unbelievably white teeth too... And a fit daughter

18. Agent Bruce

Forget about the teeth and talk about the daughter.

19. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Who still hasn't responded to my request to follow her on twitter.

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I had no problem.... Must be my moisturiser....<whistle>

She says some close to the bone (ahem) stuff about opposing teams and seems a genuine fan.

Imagine pulling her on a night out..l not knowing its her.. Then walking downstairs in the morning after nailing her at AP's and seeing him pouring your cornflakes. You'd jizz in your pants at the craziness of the moment... But probably stop for tea and toast..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.