1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pep Segura/Rodolfo Borrell As New DoF?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Jimmy Squarefoot, May 16, 2012.

1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We all know that the owners are desperate for a Director of Football but I thought I would throw in a couple of men for that role.

Pep Segura is currently the Technical Manager of the Acadamy whilst Rodolfo Borrell is the Manager of the Reserve team. Both have played big parts in the recent development of the Acadamy, imposing a new attacking and more technical style in our youngsters.

I think these two guys are very good at what they do and are valuable members of our staff.

Can you see these two being promoted - Segura as the DoF, Borrell as a first team coach and possible manager?

2. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

What makes you say that?

Opinion seems to be divided on the efficacy of such a position.

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I read it somewhere (I think it may have been from Paul Tomkins) that the owners needed an advisor as this was a new world/culture/market to them.

4. ShanksHateTheMancs

I think you answered your own question, they are very good at what they do so why change it? Get a DOF who knows both how to manage at the top level and negotiate and is used to dealing with world class players. I would love a Hiddink, Cruyff or Van Gaal type.

5. Jonesey

I think they are fast learners and with the recent departure of Comolli might well decide to do without the position in future.

But we'll see.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Not so sure about a change in role but those 2 have done a great job so far.

7. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Given their lack of football experience, the basis of normal sport management structures in the USA and what was said about the Comolli departure, it's pretty much assured we'll be sticking with a DoF position and trying to fill the vacency asap before the summer properly starts - I guess in the next week or two.

8. Jonesey

And a manager as well