1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Center for: Hammerz @ Canaries

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CanariesSoccer, Sep 14, 2012.

?

Matchup result post-overtime

1. Canaries Win

2. Tiegame

3. Hamerz Win

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Hey Sports Fans! Welcome to the CanariesSoccer Match Center, Live from The DeliaDome, Norfolk State.​

anaries are headed into action against Hammerz following the 1-matchday-international-superbowl-matchup-break. Last time out Canaries took part in a exciting One versus One tiegame against London HotSpurtz; in that matchup midfield-linesman R. Snodgrass converted from the 18-yard-line after HotSpurtz converted against the run of play in the second quarter. It was a matchup which Canaries arguably deserved to win, however a tiegame away at White Hart Boulevard is a respectable result for any EPL Franchise.

Coach Hughton: “Last season it was a team who always looked like they could score goals but with that comes a bit of openness at the other end and that is the balance that we all play.The ideal solution is to be good at one and and very good at the other as well"

It remains to be seen how Coach Hughton will set up his Canaries Franchise, however following the tiegame @ HotSpurtz it could be expected that he will begin the matchup with two Score-Attempt-Converters, most likely S. Jackon and G. Holt. Last series S. Morison failed to impress, however under the new management-squad he has looked more determined than ever and could be an outside-shout as for the starting XI.

Hammerz will be headed into this matchup on the back on a comprehensive Three versus Nothing victory over London Cottagers. This is the same Cottagers Franchise who humuliated Canaries on the series-opener Fiver versus Nothing. Whilst recent high-profile score-attempt-converter A. Carrol will be with the med-team, Hammerz have a number of efficient S-A-C's to cause the Canaries de-fense problems.

Coach Allardyce: "Everyone who has a place will have to fight very hard to keep their place now with the squad we have got and anyone who gets a place will have to perform very, very well to keep it if they get the chance and that competition for places is a huge factor on getting the best out of the players on a consistent basis which is what you have to do to get the results you want in this division"

This should be a fun matchup featuring two Franchises famous for their never-say-die playbook and counter-attacking prowess. Freshman Franchise Hammerz will be the bookies underdogs, however they have more than enough to push Canaries all the way, and the result of this matchup is far from predictable. One thing is for sure, it's going to be one-heck of a ballgame!

This sure is going to be a great Soccer matchup, so fill up your Coca-Cola™ tankards, get your hot-dogs and grab a seat for this smash-and-grab matchup, brought to you exclusively on Not606!

NOTE: I am very drunk whilst writing this, spelling mistakes are expected and grammatical errors are complusorary.

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Brilliant as always CS. Loving White Hart Boulevard <laugh>

3. Kent canary

Kent canary Well-Known Member

pretty good considering your inebriated state

4. jeremygoss

jeremygoss Member

Really lookin forward to the game tomorrow!! I think all the previous games this season so far has built up to this, and anything but a positive result will be seen as a failure in my book. This is the point where we really need to prove that we are a force, and a team to be taken seriously under our new manager. For once I agree with lawrenson, that this is the sort of teams we need to be taking 3 points off if we are to again prove the doubters wrong!! My ideal result would be 3-0 with Holt getting one under his belt to get over his usual slow start to the season, and Johnson scoring a thunderbolt from 30 yards. Here's dreaming!!!

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well done PC, up to your usual high standard!

<ok>

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Really feel we need to win this one, hopefully the crowd can really get behind the team, rather than the sometimes nervous support which can translate onto the pitch. I agree with the above that goals for Holt and Johnson would be ideal, and then Howson to get the third in a 3-0 win. Well, that's the dream.

7. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Hammers fan here

I think we will see 2 well drilled sides face off, both managers are organised and will both have a plan. I think the midfield battle will be key, whoever wins that battle will have control of the game.
    Grant Holt is bound to score against us after all the speculation in the summer about him coming to us, but I think we will aswell.
    I'd go with a 1-1 Draw (Holt, Nolan)
    Are you guys happy that Andy Carrol is out? Who do you see as our biggest threat?
    Hopefully we will have a good game.

8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

made me <laugh>.

Top effort, once again CS <ok>

9. Bushby Canary

Bushby Canary Member

Absolute quality CS - love it.

Agree with comments above - we need to win this to kick start our season. Draws albeit good ones like at Tottenham (HotSpurz) don't count for a lot at the end of the season. I think this was always Lambert's philosophy too, 2 wins and 2 losses is 6 points, 4 draws is 4. The number of games we won in the last 5 minutes plus injury time over that tenure were amazing and ultimately made the difference.

10. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

Brilliant as usual CS! Typing something when drunk and seeing the result when sober is always interesting, especially when you're trying to figure out what you meant!

Completely forgot about this game and now I feel like a kid in a candy store! It will be my first game this season so I'm looking forward to seeing our new players and hopefully a win!

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

For the first time this season I'm actually confident about this fixture I'm going for 2-1 to City, I just hope it's not false optimism. These are definitely the kind of games we should be looking to get three points from if we are to retain PL status IMO <ok>

Come On Yew Yellas !!

12. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

Lets beat daaaannnn to margate these cockerney slaaaaaags!!!

13. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

After watching his display against Fulham I think we might be quite happy that he is missing, he was a bit of a handful. With him out of the side I guess Nolan is the one to watch, scores more than his fair share of goals.

I will interested to see Vaz Te, a player I always rated in the Championship.

14. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Absolutely delighted Carroll is out for this one. I see Nolan as the biggest scoring threat to us but really think we need to be winning this sort of game at home..same as I imagine you boys would feel at Upton Park.

Head says 1-1 though but heart 2-1 Norwich please!

15. NORWICHFANNOTON606

Agree Irdan, do you think we will try changing our formation to nullify Nolan or just play our normal game.

I think if we scored an early goal then we will go on to win, I don't fancy falling behind against them.

16. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Would like to see Johnson stick to Nolan and allow for Howson to be freed up creating and pushing forward. I think keeping Nolan quiet today is key.

17. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

Worried Garrido could have to provide too much width if Surman doesn't stay as wide as Pilks usually does. Is he missing because of his son being born? Hope there is nothing else in it

18. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

hamstring apparently for pilkington

come on you yellas!

19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Diame looks good so far. We can't get near him.

20. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Happened a few times already today...does Rusty not fancy tackling today?