1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Long serving players

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by holt>god, Mar 17, 2013.

1. holt>god

holt>god Member

Just read a tweet from KK: My Roommate = The longest serving Canary and the youngest on the squad @Francomb_28. Still only 20yrs old. I am an old man.

found it strange that he is our longest serving player. Has he been on or books since before Hoolahan?

got me thinking, who out of our current squad do you think will stay with us longest?

I recon it will be Russ Martin personally. any thoughts?

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree, I already see Russell Martin as the next Drury. He may not always be first choice, but he's dependable, consistent, and his flexibility makes him an asset. It's funny, I always thought of us as a club where players spent many years, but that hasn't really been the case recently!

Hoolahan is another who I could see being here for a while to come. He seems to have a big personality in the dressing room, and like it here. We have no need to sell him, and at 30, I can't see a club wanting to spend big on him with little chance of a (financial) return. For him to make 10 years would have him aged 35, it's not too unlikely, is it? Pace has never been a part of his game, so age is less of a concern.

3. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

but in Francombs case, surely they are counting his time from when he joined as a schoolboy, which slews the statistics rather a lot. Wes must be the longest active player on our books now that Laps has gone.

4. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

Chris Martin technically

5. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

Chris mArtin scored last night for derby