1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR need unwanted Chelsea man to score the goals to keep them afloat

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jun 30, 2014.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

The R’s are in the market for an elite forward and three names have been identified, but which is the best fit for them?

14 40

reddit1 0

14 40

reddit1 0

Upon securing a return to the Premier League, QPR boss Harry Redknapp is looking to draft in a proven top-tier striker to help them stay there.

The R’s currently stand at 2/1 to be relegated back to the Championship this season, but given the strength of their squad combined with the experience of their manager, some sensible behaviour in the transfer market would make this an awful bet.

Open an account at bwin.com today and trouser a £30 free bet that translates into £60 profit if wagered on the Super Hoops to be demoted at the end of the campaign and they do indeed fall through the Premier League trap door.

Redknapp is expecting to lose French forward Loic Remy this summer, but will use the funds generated from his sale to snare one of Demba Ba or Emmanuel Adebayor according to reports in the Sun, while an old favourite of his, Peter Crouch, has been strongly linked too.

But which of the three would be best suited to a top-tier survival scrap?

Demba Ba

With the Diego Costa deal all but done, if Chelsea draft in a strike partner for the Brazilian one-season wonder, there’s surely going to be no room for Ba.

The Senegalese sharpshooter has hit 42 goals in just 72 starts in the top flight and has experience of finding the net in sides where the service isn’t as stellar as what’s offered at elite clubs.

Smaller ponds like West Ham and Newcastle tend to be where Ba thrives – he scored all bar seven of his league goals with these clubs – and assuming chief line-leader responsibilities at QPR would present him with the chance to do so again.

Emmanuel Adebayor

The Tottenham man is temperamental at the best of times, but when on form few can deny what an asset he is.

Unfortunately, since absconding Arsenal in search of big bucks at Manchester City, those defence terrorising days come about all too infrequently.

He scored 48 goals during his three-and-a-half-year Gunners tenure, he’s only managed 53 in the seasons that followed his 2009 Emirates exodus, despite playing for Man City, Real Madrid and Spurs in that time.

He’d be the priciest in terms of wages and statistics suggest he lacks the ability to carve enough chances for himself to be a success in the lower echelons.

Peter Crouch

Available for a budget-friendly £1m, the 33-year-old could find himself arriving at Loftus Road alongside one of his pagemates, but only as an ancillary striker, not the main goal-getter.

With only three career Premier League hauls north of ten, it’s apparent that Crouch alone couldn’t rustle the net frequently enough to guarantee a club’s safety.
    - See more at: http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/prem...-goals-afloat,57205.html#sthash.CIBA5Npd.dpuf

2. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Demba Ba is the only one of the three worth a look.

3. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Not sure about any of them, BA is hit & miss, adebayor money but good on his day, Crouch the old faithful might do a job but not sure if he is our type now.

4. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

Ba thrives on confidence, game time and service - all of which he gets precious little of at Chelsea. I mean - if they would rather play Torres than Ba, he must feel unwanted!

He'd get plenty of game time and service at QPR, and if the price / deal is right, would be a great signing.

Crouch would be worth signing just so we see Abbey Clancey around the stadium...

5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

It's got to be Ba for value for money. Wasn't there a knee concern with him?

Unless TF and Harry have a secret master plan, I think it may be another long season with more than a little nail biting!

6. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Demba Ba is clearly the main choice here. The ideal partner for Austin needs to be pacey to compliment him, Crouch and Adebayor would be too similar.

7. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I would have liked Crouch a couple of seasons ago, when we were last promoted. But now it's a bit too late.

8. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

If Everton could loan Lukaku last season then why can't we this season?

9. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if we play 2 strikers in many games at all.

That means that any new striker would need to be better than Austin to the point where the extra goals/assists/general contribution are worth the extra price we're paying compared to having Charlie up top.

I think it would be wiser to get a backup to Austin, someone who could do a job if needed (ie one of the better players from the lower leagues) and put the investment in the creative midfielder / link to attack player. I saw that Gylfi Sigurdsson was mentioned yesterday and he would seem ideal. This is a difficult position to fill and is probably the most crucial for us to address.

Of those three mentioned above, I'm with everyone else - Ba is the most likely to succeed without ripping the team and wage structure apart.

10. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

I would take Ba as well !!

But wondering how we can Abbey without her husband ???

She would be a great addition (on matchday thread of course).

11. WalsallHoop

WalsallHoop Active Member

Because Lukaku wld want to be main man and play every wk...difficult as we mostly playing 1 (Charlie)...agree with most others....gd "squad striker" required, rhodes, mccormack wld be ideal...depends if they wanted to be "champ main man" or "prem squad player". More realistically Nankhi (go south) Wells....Bamford, or Gethsede (bburn).. Depending who we got...OBZ (king of cameo) deserves 1yr extension (diff rate!!...20 mins per game) For reasons....(closing games of season man posessed, money he made club, best day most of 40,000 Rs have ever had....and him coming on as sub or dare i say scoring and HQ rocking to OBZ

12. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

From July 13, 2011:-

please log in to view this image

On the 17th June, Newcastle United signed Demba Ba from relegated West Ham United on a free transfer – triggered by a release clause in his contract. Not bad for someone who averages over a goal per game! Apart from Demba’s goal tally, there is another thing that (unfortunately) catches our attention – he has an alarming injury history.

When he signed for West Ham, I remember Stoke City manager, Tony Pullis describing him as a “ticking time-bomb” and a “massive risk” after revealing Demba had failed a last minute medical in a £7 million deal that would see Demba switch to the Brittania Stadium.

“We could’ve lost him after a training session and the money Hoffenheim wanted was unreasonable.” (Tony Pulis)

So I’ve been doing my research, to see what the deal is with Demba and what it was that put off Mr Pulis and co…

Ouch!

It turns out that Ba has a knee problem, which he received playing for Belgian club ‘Mouscron.’ (No I have never heard of them either – and you never will again, because they suspended operations in 2009 after being declared bankrupt!) It was a pretty nasty injury which left a serious fracture in Demba’s tibia and fibula (the front and back bone of the leg), resulting in him being out for 8 months.

As if he wasn’t unlucky enough to be on the injury list – the surgeon only went and did a botch job! Yup! This resulted in Ba struggling with knee pain due to muscle damaged on the operating table. it is believed the problem stems from a nail inserted in his tibia that touched a sensitive part of the knee when it was removed.

You'd be kind of pissed off really, wouldn't you?

Subsequent surgery cleaned up the joint, but it has been enough to prompt most clubs to treat him with caution.

Newcastle have a KNACK for signing injury prone players, or even signing players who aren’t – and then suddenly becoming injury prone. (insert cheeky, little mouthy Scouser’s name here).

Why it’s not the end of the world.

So yeah, a lot of us are concerned – but here is some light on why it’s not the worse thing in the world and why we don’t need to give it focus.

Demba Ba is on a pay-as-you-play £60,000 a week contract. So if he does get injured and doesn’t play, we won’t be wasting our money on a sick note. One thing we SHOULD focus on though, is the fact that Demba was sensational last season – banging them in for the Hammers!

“They will only stop asking about it if they see me playing and scoring goals. Look at the stats from West Ham last season and I did that. I will let my football do the talking.” (Demba Ba)

If he does the same for us….does any of the above actually matter?

http://www.toonbarmy.com/the-details-about-demba-ba-and-his-injury