1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will you back CTWD if they became a supporters trust?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullCityAFC, Aug 4, 2014.

?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HullCityAFC

HullCityAFC New Member

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's bit early for this, CTWD have not yet stated the aims of the trust, people really need to see what we propose, before they can decide if they support it or not. <doh>

3. footman1

footman1 New Member

No chance

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

We need a fans voice, and they did well in the name change issue so I'll keep an open mind, but on what I've seen so far since then, I'd vote no.

5. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

yeah i'll see what they have to say, but for now its a no because of the groups previous bullyboy tactits

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Nah they're all ungrateful ****s and where where they when we were **** anyway? Etc etc

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Bullyboy tactics ffs.

8. BillyBobBallbag

As in you agree with us or **** off
    Like ive said before I was behind the group from the beginning, but after reading 6 months of their propaganda i grew to dislike the group more and more
    hope that changes :emoticon-0109-kiss:

9. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

We have a supporters trust which is Tigers Co-op. Both Tigers Co-op and CTWD have voted to merge. Once they do the new supporters trust will be the only show in town. Hull City cannot have two supporters trusts.

I voted yes, but CTWD may be finished as an organisation once it merges with the Tigers Co-op.

10. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

I agree and voted 'YES'

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

It's not CTWD who use bully boy tactics and whatever, it's some of the people who follow it. Different things completely.

I foresaw that the more aggressive anti allamists would be portrayed as the face of CTWD and drag opinion of the group down to their levels. I was ignored (hate to say I told you so).

The folks on the committee did a Sterling job with the campaign. If the club was willing to listen to the group I don't think you could find a group of people do a much better job. I mean those people who actually matter with CTWD like OLM, Obi etc. not the keyboard renegades like Blampers and co.

12. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting Sacchi and Sacchi slickness , but the public representatives of CTWD did a bloody good job at NOT coming over all militant , old and blinkered .

so yeah i'll back em provided theres no mental proposals (though i expect the glassing rule to remain ) :D

13. BillyBobBallbag

Your actually probably right there bob

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

CTWD were very respectful and reserved in their output, your claim is complete nonsense.

15. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

So your initial post was wrong then

CTWD were actually very restrained and moderate in their actions and did a good job in the circumstances considering there were more militant individuals opposed to the name change

16. yerman

yerman Active Member

If CTWD do merge with the Tigers Co-op as seems likely I would give it my full support.I am proud to have supported CTWD since it started and believe a supporters trust in some form would be a way forward for both club and supporters

17. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

What is a supporters trust? What do they do?

I don't take notice of this stuff, I just watch and support my team.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

This is a fairly good summary...

In British sports, a supporters' trust is a formal, democratic and not-for-profit organisation of fans who attempt to strengthen the influence of supporters over the running of the club they support. There are over 140 supporters' trusts across England, Wales and Scotland and the majority of these are affiliated to football clubs, however trusts also exist for Rugby League and Rugby Union.

With government and with cross-party support, Supporters Direct was established to encourage the formation of supporters' trusts to promote democratic supporter ownership. Supporters Direct encourages these bodies to be formed as Industrial and Provident Societies (IPSs) and assists with their formation, legal and start-up costs.

Supporters' trusts were commonly founded in response to a financial crisis which threatens the future of a team, as was the case at Chesterfield, Lincoln City and York City. Their involvement has reportedly ensured the survival of over 20 different clubs entering into administration, particularly during the period of crisis as a result of the collapse of ITV Digital. Supporters' trusts are now more commonly founded in order to increase influence at clubs through a financial stake in the club.

The first trust established was at Northampton Town in January 1992. The largest is the Manchester United Supporters Trust, which used to be known as Shareholders United and currently has over 200,000 members.[1] Other large trusts such as Leeds, Exeter City, Dundee United, Reading, Spurs and Glasgow Rangers have between 3,000 and 7,000 members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters'_trust

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Is there any news on Lincoln City's trust? I believe there were legal issues pending a few weeks back?

EDIT

Just googled, and I can't even find the piece I'd read previously. Sounds like it's sod all.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They've had some problems, I think they found a load of money had gone missing last December and the board members were subject to hate campaign on social media and by email and seven of them(including the chairman) resigned. I'm not sure what the score is now.

There have been a few supporters trusts that have had issues, each is only as good as the individuals involved in running it, Swansea is probably the best model.