1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by LeonBestIsMint, Aug 25, 2014.

1. LeonBestIsMint

Hi i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans questions before the match to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to everyone who takes the time to help us. Thanks in advance!

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season in League 1? What about Newcastle in the Premier League?
    2 – Does your club have ambitions to make the Premier League? Is it realistic?
    3 – What young players could make an impact?
    4 – Who is your most important player?
    5 – How seriously are you taking the cup? Would you rather focus on the league?
    6 – If your club was a footballer, who would it be and why?
    7 - The last decade for Gillingham fans seems to have been quite the rollercoaster, do you think the club are finally back on track?
    8 - What do you think of your manager? Should he have come back for a second stint?
    9 - Your club website is currently advertising for families with spare rooms to help accommodate young Gillingham footballers who are living away from home. If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
    10 - Scoreline Prediction?

2. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Gills board.

1. Anywhere above the bottom 4 and I'll be happy with the Gills. Newcastle are looking like a 10th place finish.
    2. Scally has delusions of grandure about reaching the the pam.. I mean premier league. I don't think we'll ever do it though.
    3. Our average age in our squad has probably halved in the past year, personally I think Bradley Dack has the most potential to turn heads, Hess is less flair but more consistant.
    4. Danny Kedwell, 4 goals this season and works tirelessly. A Gills fan, he will certainly be up for the match.
    5. This is probably our cup final. Nothing to lose. League is definitely more important.
    6. Steve Bruce, always there but never picked to represent your country.
    7. League 1 is our level. We'll always be down in the lowers leagues.
    8. Personally I find him boring. Don't think he should have come back and I think we should have given a chance to someone younger with more dynamic ideas.
    9. David Beckham. He would be a good example to my sons.
    10. Gills 1 4 Newcastle.

3. brb

brb Guest

1 – Hopefully mid-table, realistically struggling to avoid the drop on current form, dreaming outside play off challenge...then i wake up to realism again. What about Newcastle in the Premier League, no idea, don't follow the Prem.
    2 – I've supported the Gills for 40+ years...realistic is lower leagues and that's why i support my club...something most plastics today would never understand.
    3 – Hessy, Dack
    4 – Stuart Nelson (Keeper) and he's injured.
    5 – League is priority, but this is one of those glamour days that don't often come round.
    6 – Ron Hillyard, you won't understand that and i'm not going to explain it.
    7 - Lower league clubs can never be on a level playing field with Prem greed. Answer slightly not mirroring your question but the best it gets.
    8 - No...but he's here...so i will support him for now.
    9 - Wow good question...could be many but in current times...Luke Rooney, just so i could share my life experience wisdom's with him and have got his head out of the clouds. Too late now.
    10 -Ain't got a clue...in the past i would have happily have welcomed Newcastle to our sacred Priestfield Church...but sadly these days...well let's wait and see...but we will probably get hammered.

4. town end

town end Member

1. Reckon we'll finish somewhere between 10th and 15th, don't really know anything about newcastle's team but for me a club of your size should be looking for Europa league qualification whether that be from league position or winning a cup
    2. Our chairman wants premier league football but I don't see it happening under his ownership, personally I would take it for 1 season just for the money which would keep our club going for years but I wouldn't like to be an established side at that level and listening to the 30000 hangers on that would suddenly appear claiming they were at priestfield every week when we were struggling to stay in league football
    3.we have had a few players young players who have gone in to have decent if unspectacular careers at higher levels out of the current crop hessenthaler and Egan will be capable of playing higher provided they play regularly rather than move on to sitting on a premier league bench for seasons at a time
    4. Most people I think would say Cody macdonald because he will always get you goals but for me this season I think doug loft as we have looked a lot more composed in midfield with him playing
    5. We're never going to win it so a good payday that might fund another players wage has to be the aim, focusing on the league alone is ok if you have a decent chance of promotion otherwise it makes no real difference finishing 7th or 20th as there's no prize money for league position at our level
    6. Think it would have to be our very own Andy hessenthaler , not the best but you'll know you've been in a game
    7. We're where historically speaking we belong with 2/3rds of our history being in the third tier sometimes battling for promotion and sometimes battling against relegation (not always successfully) so aside from our 5 year stint in the championship we've been doing the same as always
    8. Peter Taylor got us promoted to the 2nd tier for the first time in our history so will always be well thought of in these parts for that and he kept us up last year when relegation looked nailed on so coming back in the short term was the right thing, in the long term only time will tell but he has earned the right to carry on for now
    9. Adrian Pennock a fan favourite and always up for a laugh and a good time
    10. 1 - 1 after 90 mins toon to win 3 - 1 in extra time. Hoping I'm wrong but you should have too much for us

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

1. Lower mid table I would say, got a fairly young squad and there is enough quality in there to not get relegated but won't really be able to do much more than that. You should be in and around the Europa league places but don't see you breaking back into the top 4 anytime soon.
    2. Our chairman does and I would say so does our younger fans. For me it all resides on building a new stadium which can generate a higher match day revenue than Priestfield currently does. If you want an example of this then look at Stoke and Swansea.
    3. Hessenthaler is solid in the middle, Egan at centre back looks very composed for his age. Dack is the only player with any particular flair to potentially cause you some problems tomorrow.
    4. This season looks to be our captain Doug Loft who has already been instrumental in producing some key chances for our strikers Kedwell and McDonald. McDonald is our natural goalscorer and will get us 15-20 goals this season. Kedwell is absolute warhorse up front and although not your standard striker, works very hard for the team and still pops up with a fair few goals albeit from the penalty spot.
    5. A lot will be said that we will take them seriously so that there is potential bonus of funding from a cup run for a league one team but ultimately the league is the priority.
    6. Our former player Charlie Lee, sometimes had moments of pure quality and also had moments where he would be so quiet you would get more sound from a library. Ultimately though a lot of tough challenges and a never say die attitude (he played on after getting knocked out and a concussion) which we pride ourselves on here.
    7. I started supporting us when we were in the Division One or Championship and after witnessing 2 promotions and 3 relegations I can comfortably say we are a League One sized club and this is probably where we belong. A new stadium could enable us to push on higher up the leagues but with our geographical location so close to London, many people will still continue to go and see Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham over us.
    8. I didn't want him back and still not overly enamoured with him now but I appreciate that he has put his faith in younger players, albeit from other teams and not necessarily our own.
    9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the guy is a complete legend.
    10. Gillingham 6-0 Newcastle. Why not? ;)

6. Podgy

Podgy New Member

1)Both mid-table
    2)never, never, never
    3)Dack and poss Hess
    4)Kedwell, out of those who are playing
    5not at all, but chairman scally £££££££££££££££'s
    6)W Rooney, when push comes to shove we are S**T
    7)NO
    8)NO
    9)W Rooney to kick s**t outta him
    10)any draw will do for me, I live in Bedlington. Come on you Terriers!!!!!

7. hullgills

hullgills Member

1. Just above relegation
    2. The chairman is dreaming about it but no chance
    3. Hessy or Dack.
    4. Loft
    5. A cup run is always nice but now we have drawn a prem team thats about all we can hope for, take the money and enjoy the night.
    6. Any winger, good on their day but very inconsistent.
    7. No, more ups and downs to come, it's all part of the fun, as any lower league team supporter will testify.
    8. Will always be grateful for him getting us into the championship.Never go back, its never the same second time around.
    9. Gianfranco Zola, everybody that meets him never seems to have a bad word to say about him
    10. I hope its not a heavy defeat, won't do our youngsters any good.

8. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

1 – 11th
    2 – Every lower league club has ambitions of making it to the Premier League, the likes of Burnley and Blackpool give hope to us yet. That said very unrealistic with our current set up and financial grasp.
    3 – As mentioned a couple of times above Bradley Dack is a wildcard of a player who could prove to be a thorn in the sides of big opposition.
    4 – Probably Stuart Nelson but he's injured. As we are reeling from a heavy defeat it would be Kedwell, he wears his heart on his sleeve and will show tenacity in the match.
    5 – There are players in our team who may never get to play a club the size of Newcastle again in their careers. Whatever we say as a group of fans about the league being a priority will not stop our players from running themselves into the ground. Having the game at home offers us a considerably better chance than if the tie was at St James' Park.
    6 – Undoubtedly Andy Hessenthaler, the epitome of a true lower league underdog. A stalwart for the club, a member of staff who would share the pain of the fans.
    7 - It's certainly been interesting but we have been subject to the changes of teams around us as well as our own issues and successes. Stability and development is the aim but wholesale changes can bring about issues.
    8 - A good footballing head on his shoulders, keen to bring a passing game to what was a very physical and simplistic footballing side. The pressure of today's game demands results quickly but I believe that if he keeps us away from relegation into league 2 for the next two seasons and can add to what is a very young squad filled with potential his job would be a success.
    9 - Mick McCarthy, smelling around corners is a useful trait.
    10 - Gillingham 3-4 Newcastle

9. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

This is completely off the subject LeonBestIsMint, but advise all the fans you can get in touch with, that its chucking it down here, and the away end is open to the elements, so come prepared.

10. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

11. brb

brb Guest

I like the way it said the best responses came from not606...thanks everyone...makes this job worth while