1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

a drunk gambling addicts opinion.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UnitedinRed, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Paul merson, an embarrassment of a man thinks we are a million miles from 3rd. He also says if city lose today and chelsea beat them next week then chelsea have won the league.

When did sky allow it's pundits to work pissed?

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

I like Merson but he talks a lot of ****e as he's very stupid. Phil Thompson also talks a lot of ****e as his view of football is so tainted that he could be a member of RAWK. Charlie Nicholas also talks ****e. The Sky Sports pundit who says the least but talks the most sense is Le Tissier.

3. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

He is the token retard <ok>

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's just an opinion UIR <laugh> Chill every now and again!

We're not a million miles away but making any prediction before seeing this squad playing a few matches first, is difficult. I'd be happy with top 4 and if we do it at the expense of the scousers even better.

5. weararedbonnet

weararedbonnet Well-Known Member

Never ceases to amaze me how footballer like Merson claim its the stress that causes them to gamble, drink or turn to drugs. Stress my arse!

Give me 100 grand per year, let alone the 100 grand per week they get, and I guarantee you I will live a stress free life, and never even get tempted to gamble, use drugs or be pissed out of my mind

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You can't guarantee that. How do you know?

Merson is a grade A tit but he was young, lacking any intelligence or guidance, and had money to burn. He also only worked mornings and one day at weekend. It is very, very easy to get tempted into betting money or drinking **** loads if beer.

Unless you're actually in that position you have no idea at all how you would react to it.

7. weararedbonnet

Bloody hell Chief, we all were young at one time. I grew up with late clubbing, where some took uppers and downers. Didn't need em, the high was going out. Sorry, have no sympathy with self inflicted abuse, and wages have sod all to do with it.

A lot is also to do with discipline. Would Gazza be in the state he is now if had signed for United and had SAF watching over him?

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

Probably.

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Speaking of **** pundits....Scholesy thought Swansea would get relegated. Great player, **** pundit!

To be fair I always got the impression that Scholesy loved playing football but wasn't interested in anything else to do with the game.

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Which comes down to my point of guidance. And also intelligence, Merson is clearly lacking in brains so he got bored easily.
    I like a pint, have an occasional flutter and pounded the recreationals when I was younger and haven't come close to being addicted to any of them.

There's a couple of differences between me and Merson though; I don't have **** for brains and I want not rich in my 20's.

11. mh20

mh20 New Member

do you really think you'll finish third? be honest

12. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Comfortably. Only chelsea look any good out of any ofntge clubs. 2nd and below is anyones game.

Even chelsea have shipped goals galore so like liverpool last year will probably lose out due to a poor defence.

13. weararedbonnet

Your obviously a wum, and by your comments are either still in secondary school or have the mental ability of one who is. Now be a good boy, go and wipe the dishes for mummy, and she might let you have an hour on the play station.

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Agree totally.

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

An addiction of any sort is a symptom of stress and/or depression which really has nothing to do with wealth or success. And its prevention or cure has even less to do with wealth or success. Who knows what personal demons someone has to deal with. I don't think you can judge anyone until you've walked a fair distance in their shoes.

Re: Merson's punditry, he may be slating United atm (I personally didn't listen to it) but he's been equally critical of nearly all the top clubs including Arsenal and Wenger for as long as I've been watching him on Soccer Saturday tbf. Phil Thompson on the other hand is as bias and rose tinted as they come, when it comes to Liverpool compared to any other club, especially ofcourse United despite the gulf in recent success.

17. weararedbonnet

OK, lets deal with two addictions.

1. Smoking. Its legal, taxed to the limit, and very addictive. If you want to give up, you get initial help from your GP, but its on prescription, so you pay again to break the habit.

2. Heroin. Illegal, and very addictive. Yet the rest of the country pay for the methadone, for the addict its free

So where is the fairness in that?

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Do you?

19. weararedbonnet

Best ignoring mh20 chief. He's just another wum, but with a slight difference. he lacks any intelligence whatsoever

20. mh20

mh20 New Member

what me asking you lot if you think you'll finish third is wumming? what glimpses of play have you seen from United this season that suggest that? The 4-0 arse rape from a pub team? Or the fact you haven't won a game yet even though you've spent 100m+ this season? It's good to be optimistic and everything but be realistic and stop clinging to the past. Also I'm glad I got to hear another of your "I'm smarter than you are" rants. Must be your 10th one this week eh? Now go outside and meet a girl or something you aspie twat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.