1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Latest - Le Zog

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Shola's Concrete Boots, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

http://www.geordies.net/story.php?t...bia&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Charles N’Zogbia – wants to return to Newcastle United

The local Evening Chronicle is reporting it believes Newcastle are in the hunt for French International winger Charles N’Zogbia, who is said to be very keen to rejoin his former club.

And Sources close to the Frenchman are saying that Sunderland are struggling to put together a package to get the player Frenchman to Wearside – which is more good news.

http://www.nufcblog.com/wp-admin/edit.php

Charles is again being reported to be wanting to return to his former club, and with French speaking Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Yohan Cabaye having just been signed, it will be even more good reason for N’Zogbia to return to Tyneside.

Aston Villa are also being linked with an interest in the Wigan winger, but if this news is true, it would appear Newcastle are in the lead to sign the twice capped French International.

There were reports recently that Newcastle were thinking the Frenchman would be too expensive with say £9M in transfer fees, and £60K/week in wages, so this would be good news that Newcastle are perhaps ready to spend some of their money this summer.

Charles played 158 times for Newcastle from September, 2004 through January, 2009 when he was sold to Wigan for £6M plus Ryan Taylor coming the other way, and he also scored 9 goals for the Magpies.

While N’Zogbia was a problem over th last 18 months of his time at Newcastle we still think this signing would be a good one for Newcastle fans, because he looks to have got better while at Wigan, and anybody who wants to come back to Tyneside cannot be all bad, surely.

And here’s a recent poll we published on June 7th asking Newcastle fans about Charles coming back to Newcastle, and at the time the price was said to be £12M, but it’s now likely to be at least £3M less than that:

Is Charles N'Zogbia Worth £12M to Newcastle?

2. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

We've more or less given up on him on our board. With his wage demands a bit too high and Liverpool waiting in the wings to make a bid, our chances are pretty slim. I have heard he's not averse to working with Steve Bruce again, but if he prefers to go back to you, than all you've got to do is flash the cash. Quite a lot of cash though.

3. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

I don't think we're going to get him, wanting too much money I think

4. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

We did joke about the possibility of a sell on clause when we sold him to Wigan as well as any outstanding fees Wigan may owe NUFC.

£12 million seems too high though.

5. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

Not worth 12mil and unless he's dropped his wage demands then to be honest I dont want him

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I'd sign him for £12M but I'd rather we spent that on a striker <ok>

7. MackemMatty

MackemMatty Member

I think this is just a rehash of a story that popped up on a couple of sites last week. I remember reading he was open to a return to the Mags, but I also think both Newcastle and Sunderland wont match his demands.

Villa or Scousers I reckon. Probably Villa.

8. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

This, although no idea who we'll go for if we don't get Erdinc or Sturridge, wouldn't mind Shane Long.

9. MackemMatty

MackemMatty Member

I hope you guys get Long. We cant afford to risk 2 Championship strikers for 20 million now Wickham is official :/

10. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Would rather take Long for half the price although Wickham is younger and has a lot of potential

11. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

We should offer them Raylor back and we should get a reduction from any sell-on clauses so £10m + Raylor wouldn't be too bad although can't see DW accepting that, he'll want to mug MA off. Downsides of that are that Raylor will probably score against us again next season and it's ANOTHER midfielder.

12. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

We need another bastard striker! not a midfielder
    still wouldn't complain if we pulled it off though can see him going to Vile.

13. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Yep, striker please, no idea who it will be though if it isn't Erdinc.

14. Tiggyrimana

We dont seem to be linked to many strikers which is quite worrying really. I dont want that 'little donkey' either!

15. The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco

When does our pre-season tour of the USA start?

Because I heard that Pardew wants to have his signings in by the time they get to the US (or at least most of them)

16. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

Wed 20.07.2011 Sporting Kansas City (a) @ Livestrong Sporting Park, 7.30pm Friendly.

Sat 23.07.2011 Orlando City (a)
    @ Citrus Bowl, 7.30pm. Friendly.

Tue 26.07.2011 Columbus Crew (a)
    @ Crew Stadium, 7.30pm. Friendly.

17. All Hail Ben Arfa

I'd take him for 10 million, seeing as it looks like he wants to play for the club, and Marveaux might be injury prone.

18. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

I'd like to see us spend a decent sum on one, maybe £10m, but wouldn't know where to start. Hopefully something out of the blue

19. Tiggyrimana

I cant see us spending more then 6mill unfortunately :(

20. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Well then I think we may struggle to get anyone that good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.