1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 12 dead in paris shooting

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 7, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Terror as hooded gunmen – who are still at large – kill 12 in Paris
    please log in to view this image

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on pinterest_share Share on email More Sharing Services
    By Ellie HooperDigital WriterWednesday 7 January 2015
    Hooded gunman have slaughtered 12 people in a magazine office in Paris, in what the French President had referred to as an act of terrorism.
    This morning several men wielding Kalashnikovs walked into the offices of Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical magazine, and shot dead ten journalists, also killing two police officers.

A bystander in a nearby building took this shot of the gunmen's stand off with police
    The magazine has caused controversy in the past for its depiction of the muslim prophet Muhammed in cartoons, which outraged some.

French President Francois Hollande visited the scene of the murders on Wednesday morning and said there was no doubt that this was an act of terrorism. He added that France would not have their free speech threatened, and they ‘will fight these threats and we will punish the attackers.’

The gunmen are still at large in the French capital this afternoon, with other magazine and newspaper offices, shopping centres, museums and stations all being placed under police protection.

Cartoonist Charb, who was placed on Al-Qaida’s most wanted list in 2013 for his cartoons of prophet Mohammed, is apparently in a critical condition at the time this article was published. His colleague Cabu is said to have been killed.

3. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Very sad news. I cycled by the location about an hour ago, as I do everyday on my way home from work. My wife called this morning to check I was okay and I had no idea what she was calling for. The streets of Paris are now swamped with police trying to find these guys.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Killing people over a cartoon. Brainwashed Psychopathic scumbags

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The perpetrators are scum, but it seems like a dreadful security failure.

UTRs likes this.
  6. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

I hope these scums are brought to justice quickly and dealt with. If they cannot accept an open opinion, they should live on an island in the remote Atlantic Ocean all by themselves.

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We were in EuroDisney Paris just before Christmas...and in fact the police were on heightened survallience then. I was told they suspected an attack ....and in fact there were small but significant attacks then

8. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

It will happen here soon, surprised it hasn't already. Hopefully they will track them down, but it will be a worrying time until they do.

9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

This, and what frightens me is that our intelligence have hinted that the next step may be more Lee Rigby style attacks but also on civilians. I try not to watch the news much anymore these days. It just gets you down all the time. I have decided just to live my life and make sure family and mates are OK.

kiwiqpr and Hoop-Leif like this.
  10. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

All these jihadists have grown up with the images of 9/11 and got stuck on the idea of spectacular attacks, which is why they've only succeeded once both here and in the states. The security forces have always feared that they'd smarten up and realise they can bring far more fear with these simple attacks and they're almost impossible to predict or stop.

If they ever get hold of guns in this country and some grenades, can you imagine just how many could be killed by walking down Oxford Street? Doesn't bare thinking about. But it could happen at any time, all in the name of God.

kiwiqpr and Hoop-Leif like this.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Just watched the uncensored version of the attackers killing the gendarme. The gendarme is hit and lying across the pavement. One of the gunmen approaches and the gendarme holds up his hands in surrender. The gunman shoots the gendarme for a second time, fatally in the head. The way the shot is taken - a hip shot while running, suggests strongly these are trained soldiers and not frenzied madmen. That makes this incident all the more serious. And journalists now appear to be in the front line of attack.

12. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

The most worrying aspect of this is that effectively they have won, they have achieved what they set out to achieve, which is to ensure that no editor of a satirical magazine will ever dare to publish material likely to antagonise them again.

13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Very sad. If an asteroid or a new virus (ebola) or nukes don't wipe us all out then it may be a religious war. Well I say religious war, lots of us in the west don't do religion anymore but that's what lots of these nutters are fighting in the name of so you could still call it that.

It sucks big time but no one can deny that the west has been shafting the east for hundreds of years now. Sorry, I'm not trying to excuse any of these vile attacks we now keep reading about in the news.

kiwiqpr and Swords Hoopster. like this.
  14. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Terrible but a clever target if you have seen Charlie Hebdo. They got their target
    Look of course I don't agree with this but CH make a point of going the extra mile with their cartoons
    This may change the responsibility of what is portrayed
    We live in crazy times where we are allowed to read comics and ignore the waste of human life in other areas of the world
    I am betting more than 12 people innocent people have been slaughtered elsewhere today
    No idea what the exact cause was for this terror attack but the fall out will no doubt be comical … The damage however awful is done, the point made to a western world that doesn't listen

It's too late it has happened and on Europe's doorstep … doubt if many thought about the victims of previous acts of terrorism while they were christmas shopping. The police etc cannot protect everyone and never forget that.

The issues of this world are not being tackled and of course I hope these people are caught and in my book should be killed publicly

We think we are of course way above this and so we should be but the problem are not being tackled if all we do is say how terrible it is
    Because other people have other beliefs doesn't make them wrong and if you are going to intentionally rubbish them and their gods don't you think anyone would get upset? Charb made his living making a mockery out of something people live their lives by … was that right? too easy to say it was just a joke IMO … he can no longer make a living.

The world needs to respect each other views before we can even start to believe we can live together

15. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Brain-dead, brain-washed scumbags..... hope they get shot in a gunfight

16. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

I saw two City of London police walking around St Pauls with sub-machines guns earlier this morning, and wondered why. Presumably for projecting an image of security.

17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Good post DT, as far as religion is concerned I was christened a catholic but from a very early age did not really buy into it much. Right now I am agnostic leaning towards becoming atheist. Despite this I will always respect other peoples beliefs and their human right to practice them.

18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The problem is in the religion itself. All religions are bollocks in my opinion, but Islam seems be particularly over-sensitive to any perceived criticism. Too many 'peace-loving' Muslims will tacitly approve of this disgusting action.

sb_73 likes this.
  19. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Bound to be a load of that now … its all about projection or another way of saying it bullshit. They cannot protect us and we can't afford to let them try. We can't afford to try any naughty types in our court system as it is and if we find them guilty then where are we going to put them? … then we have to feed them and look after them.

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Goldhawk Also seen the uncensored footage of the sicking execution of the gendarme. Lets just hope all the French police see that video and remember it when arresting these freaks. Hopefully they will opt for a gun fight.