1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

1st rumour regarding Jansson

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Mar 20, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/trouble-within-leeds-uniteds-camp-12766203

My take on the situation,

"Speaking to BBC Radio Leeds after the win, Monk said: "I will always put the group first, and I try and make my selections on the team based on the setup and principles we adhere to"

Sorry Gary, your bull is a cover up and a lie imo, you picked mainly the same players week in week out.

“You've seen in the past, many times, that I'll make changes if I feel it's best for the group, and I've done it throughout the season - whether that be tactically, through suspension, through injuries or whether it's just that I feel that's what that game needs.

Gary, you're not a very good liar, you don't even have a plan B.

“I will always make decisions on what is best for the group, and tonight, that happened to be one of the decisions.

Gis a break Gary, do you honestly think Leeds fans are stupid.

Respected Rob has his say on the Jansson situation.

https://roblufc.org/2017/03/19/leed...-believing-his-own-publicity-by-rob-atkinson/

Some Leeds fans reactions

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/lee...ansson-dropped-some-worried-some-praise-monk/

more fans reactions.

http://the72.co.uk/77532/leeds-united-boss-monk-cryptic-jansson-absence-fans-react/

Phil Hay's article on the subject.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/leeds-manager-monk-reveals-jansson-fit-reveals-didnt-play/

Sorry Gary, tacticall against Brighton, don't believe you pal.

Make of'em what you will lads.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

Seems you've made your mind up without knowing the facts. Why not ring your hero Cellino and see if he'll enlighten you with the truth. <doh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe it is just Monday morning but I read the headline first rumour, I clicked into the thread expecting to see a rumour that Jansson did xyz and nothing... Am I missing something, I had already read most the articles and none give an explanation or rumoured reason why he was left out?

Your take on it LL is lots of links, again, I'm not sure I understand what your take is? If your take is it wasn't tactical, we all know and agree with that, I'm pretty sure we all agree Jansson did something to upset Monk as the "Principles" part of his comment was the clue.

DirtyLeeds likes this.
  4. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

No.

Am I going to bother reading through all those links only to come to the same conclusion ?

No.

5. lifecheshirewhite

Just a hudderfield newspaper hopeing to stir up some trouble for their rivals.It says nothing.

6. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Jansson has been great for Leeds this season ,but perhaps he needed a spell on the bench to calm him down. Gary monk will sort the problem out and I'm sure Pontus is sensible enough to accept the managers decision.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Not interested in reading rumours. Interested only in hard facts <doh>

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let's look at what it could be, not that I am saying he has done any of these :-

1) He has spoken to another club

2) Bust up in the training ground

3) Late night drink fuelled incident

4) Street fight

5) Bust up with Monk

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Or:

1) Form has dropped a bit of late

2) Keeps Cooper match fit for when/if needed later in the season so he's ready to hit the ground running

10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Sensible post <ok>

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Jansson on a bad day is head and shoulders above Cooper.

12. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

and again you all jump on the none Leeds fans wumming post.
    Give your heads a shake and see it for what it is....

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  13. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

If there has been a bust up, what would you expect Monk to say? Best keep these things internal and deal with em like men. No need to run to the press and cause trouble.

Nothing to worry about hear.

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Suppose he had to say something, as otherwise people would be calling for his head as to why he'd dropped our best player.

15. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Oh yeah he had to say something, but LL is calling him a liar, when if he had come out and said they'd had a blazing row it could disrupt everything.

ellandback likes this.
  16. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

Slagging Monk off again after a 2-0 win against Brighton?

Sorry, but this odious **** needs a good shoeing....must explain why he doesn't attend games, because if he acts like he does on here in a pub full of actual Leeds fans he'd be in trouble.

If Jansson has stepped out of line then good on Monk for sticking to his princicples. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Infidel, FORZA LEEDS and BillysStatue like this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Don't know. He could have nipped it in the bud by saying there was an incident, it has been dealt with, and Jansson is very much a big part of our future.

Unfortunately the cryptic message Monk gave was always going to ask more questions than answers.

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I must admit and agree, I thought it was strange and 'possibly' more damaging Monk coming out with a cryptic message. I just hope it doesn't get messy with more rumours and invasive journalists diiging for something that might not be there or coming up with the wrong answer and causing bad feelings.

This is another case of Monk learning as he goes along, hopefully he will give another interview soon and put the record straight...

19. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

nothing cryptic, easy to understand ... player is dropped for good of the group, principles need to be adhered to ... Pontus has been a bit off the pace recently, and he has fcuked around on the ball in our danger zone a little too much ... Monk would have had a word, Pontus lost his discipline and tried another Cruyff turn and Monk simply said enough is enough

no bust up, no ulterior motive, simply a darn good manager making sure all his players stay focused on the cause ... very brave management and a superb response from the players, proving they believe in Monk and in his decisions, which are always taken with all of them in mind

as for Loverboy, this blind bashing of Monk is now becoming just plain silly ... there is no thought behind his comments, just a volley of bile that's more at home on the back pages of the Manchester Evening News

nah fcuk it Loverboy, you need to rethink your hostile stance and decide if you actually support Leeds United or not ... if you genuinely can't see what Monk has achieved for Leeds United this season, regardless of promotion, then you are probably better off watching curling

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Most overrated CB I've ever watched tbf. He's built a cult following somehow but not quite sure why. A CB that wears short sleeved jersey with gloves <yikes>