1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2016/17 City Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 27, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

We already got our back up keeper for next season. We bought him in January.

Striker and defence need looks at. Defence only for depth.

2. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

If the likes of ruddy is available then it's worth looking at

3. SydneyTiger14

I would think McGregor will be number one next season.

4. Blaknamberblood

Life is all about opinions .. for me there's better out there .. on his day Mac is a good keeper .. but as we've seen he is prone to poor runs of form

5. SydneyTiger14

Hasn't this season, has had a fantastic campaign after an early error against Wolves.

6. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

He's a goalkeeper for a yo-yo side. If we want to achieve stability, we need better. I'd go for Mattia Perin. He'd cost £8m but would be worth every penny. Or Szczesny will be available for loan.

7. Blaknamberblood

Not arguing with you I can recall a number of mistakes not only this season but the last few .. you have your opinion I have mine

8. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Three big needs for me:

Playmaking midfielder (will Thudd re-sign? Even if he does, we need someone more mobile. Hughes would be ideal but I don't think we'd get him.)

Better keeper (but I doubt this will happen)

Striker (probably one permanent and another on loan)

The back four looks set, plus Harry. Livermore and Snodgrass will no doubt start on day one, and Hernandez and Diame will be in the mix for a place, depending on who we sign.

9. SydneyTiger14

I would hope we have a look at Chester, who I'm sure would love the opportunity to return.

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

A good striker for Hernandez to play alongside would be my priority and surely we can't **** about AGAIN after the mistakes of the past.

Sign Jak up for another season, think he's earned it.

Defence is fine in my opinion, but there isn't much need to offer Alex another contract as we could get better now. He's done his job, give him a watch and a picture of a spitfire and push him out the door.

Midfield will be an interesting one, Huddlestone for me justifies a new contract but we need another influential midfielder in there as Meyler doesn't have the quality to be a consistent Premier League midfielder (and there's question marks over Huddlestone's consistency at that level as well). I'd quite like us to have a look at Ryan Woods at Brentford, talented young lad.The wide areas are ok, no idea whether Clucas will make the step up or not but I'm sure we will have fun finding out.

Forward area needs some work. Hernandez is the only out and out goal scorer we have and while Diomande has chipped in, it doesn't look like Bruce favours him much. Aluko is going, Akpom will go back to Arsenal although somewhat richer for the experience. An English striker will be tricky to find, but likewise with two foreign ones on our books a better version of Matty Fryatt would be welcome. Bradshaw at Walsall would get my vote, although his lack of top flight experience could make that a no go. Will Grigg has a **** load of goals for Wigan and Northern Ireland, scored at Championship level too, maybe look at him?

11. SydneyTiger14

Perfectly put. I'd agree, Jak should get a new deal on the back of the season he's had. Cruel not to. If Bruce sees McGregor as needing proper competition though he may release Jak, sign someone to compete with McGregor, and keep Kuciak as third choice.

Huddlestone should get a one year extension, as he seems to play well when he's playing for a contract! Give him the Walcott treatment.

For the forwards, I wouldn't mind having a crack at getting Bamford or Wilson on loan as depth, but not sure if we'd be willing to gamble on them as a starting striker.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  12. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Alex has signed a new deal, hasn't he?

Wilson would be absolutely the sort of loan signing we need. Rashford's emergence makes Wilson more available, too.

13. SydneyTiger14

Yeah that's my thinking. We should be able to sort one or the other. Both might even be available knowing the way Mourinho operates. Good thing that he has a good relationship with Bruce (if Bruce stays).

14. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I think Kemar Roofe is still on the radar. I do worry about the step from Division One to the Premiership with the lower league players as much as I would love us to build a young team it took Dave half a season to become what he is now and Robbo was the same the season before last. The gulf is huge. Some players would be starstruck trying to face up to whoever. We need to hit the ground running next season.

What would Hughes cost.... £15 million/ 18...? I think that would be something i'd happily pay as he's only 21 and his value will likely increase.

15. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Let's hope we can keep hold of Dave and Robertson cos I can see there being interest from established Prem teams.

Can't think of many better young British fullbacks.

DanKelly likes this.
  16. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

We need pace, the midfield is way too pedestrian. Let Huddlestone and Elmo walk and sell Snodgers. If we add pace and dynamism in their places we can address almost all our issues.

17. SydneyTiger14

Would love both Roofe and Hughes. Roofe in particular looks like he has the attitude to achieve success.

Marshyx likes this.
  18. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

What about Ross McCormack. 23 goals for a team that finished 20th in the championship is a damn good effort

19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

IMO too similar to what we have DK. Big target man needed. Lambert will be cheap and would be good for us.

20. SydneyTiger14

Suspect he might be done in the PL. Would have loved him in the Championship though.