1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2016-17 : that was the season that was

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The RDBD, May 14, 2017.

1. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

I may pop back at the end of next season when Spurs fail to fail to do so. And when Arsenal finish 6th. I'm not going to wish you a great off season because we both know Sanchez and Ozil are moving on, so I'm just going to leave the number for Samaritans in case things get a little too much to bear.

116 123

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I tend to use them in marinades. They make a meal of old, tough pieces of meat that would otherwise be unpalatable. Around Wednesday or Thursday when Gunnersaurus' mate announces his brand new contract and 3 more years for Theo and Girlie (a surprisingly accurate predictive text replacement for 'Giroud'), there might be a heavy citrus flavour to proceedings.

Otherwise, in a cheesecake. You can't get too much cheese, I find.

3. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

:huh:

Not sure if I watched a different game to you but you were utterly cack for the first 45 of that game. Barely crossed the halfway line. Should've and would've been a goal down at HT bar a terrible decision from the linesman.

The second half and ET were evenly matched with both sides creating good chances. The difference was Arsenal took theirs whereas the woodwork took Citys'.

I've long thought that most arsenal fans judge games on the result at FT rather than the overall performance. You're far from the first I've heard going on about the SF as if you were all over City from the off. It would certainly explain how Wenger has clung on like a stubborn floater for as long as he has. From the board right the way down, all you seem to care about is the number in the box at the bottom of the balance sheet.

4. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

< ouch >

5. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

This is beginning to resemble the Arsenal board full of sound & fury signifying ....................... nothing.

You finished 5th you have failed by your own standards but the Cup win bailed you out. Half your fans have been moaning all season trying to get your greatest ever manager sacked. Pathetic! I am surprised any of you have the front to come on here after what you have produced this season both on and off the pitch.

6. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I also think that expectations at the start of the season have to be considered when looking at the end result.

If you told us in August that we would score the most and concede the fewest goals in the league, go unbeaten at home in our final season at the lane and get more points than ever before in the premier league I think that the majority of Spurs fans would have yes we'll take that, and therefore i think we are rightly happy.

If in August Arsenal fans were offered 5th and the FA cup I think that the vast majority would have said no that's not good enough, but now they are all crowing about it - as a famous ex Spurs player said on many occasions its a funny old game

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Do please show the posts where any arsenal fan 'crows' that 5th and an FA cup is actually good enough...

8. The RDBD

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

He didn't broadcast my comment, he blatantly misquoted me to try and get some internet points off the Goon board.

The question you should actually be asking is why cini was so quick to bring up Diego misquoting me to try save face when he's sticking to an argument that boils down to "Nobody talks about Citizen Kane as it didn't win Best Picture at the Oscars" knowing full well what I said - and more importantly, why cini was the one to pop up to defend Diego's honour when I called him out on it.

please log in to view this image

10. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Citizen who??

<laugh>

11. humanbeingincroydon

Some obscure film that nobody talks about, as everyone knows How Green Was My Valley is the greatest film ever made...

remembercolinlee likes this.
  12. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Did I say that anyone here said it? No I don't live my life here, but as I am not going to post links to my personal facebook and twitter feeds you will have to believe me that I am 'friends' with more gooners than is actually healthy (and some of them I would consider amongst my closest friends and quite sane in every other respect) and they are all giving it large and crowing, not that I don't deserve it for some of my comments at other times, if you give it out sometimes you have to take it!

13. humanbeingincroydon

14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

15. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

A cup win doesn't bail you out.
    Two cup wins and back door CL qualification gives you an argument though.
    Teams are always judged by their performances in the league. It's the only reliable measure of how good (or not) teams are.

16. The RDBD

Don't take away their belief that they have a talisman to ward off
    the WUM whirlwind that started last Sunday !!! <grr>

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

If you pretend really, really hard that it's what you always wanted and the two most important competitions are not for you and irrelevant, would that work?

18. humanbeingincroydon

There's certainly evidence that you and Diego are the same person, because why would "Diego" suddenly post something on the Arsenal blatantly misrepresenting what I had said on this board to correct something moronic that you had said in the exact same way you had been blatantly misrepresenting me? Were you logged in to the wrong account?

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Buzz buzz buzz

20. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

It's like getting off with a girl who's not the prettiest, hasn't got big t*ts, but looks half decent after a few beers.
    Worse things could happen.