1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

I'm increasingly realising that our issue is now of depth as much as, if not more, than it is quality.

When the list of Chelsea non present starters from last season include Hazard, Pedro, Cahill, Fabregas, Matic and Costa and they can still beat us. It makes it all the more obvious. Everton are now building a strong squad and were happy to let Lukaku go to make it happen. To think they have Bolasie and now Siggy as options they don't need to start is almost scary.

I would welcome Barkley to the squad. Especially if we don't have to pay over the odds for him. However, I see how waiting until January might be sensible. I'd rather go all out and get Ryan Sessegnon in this window if it's a choice of either or. He can add width further up the pitch as well as playing LB. I feel we are going to need wide options, especially at Wembley.

2. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Barkley is clever business if we can get him cheap, as a nice acquisition to help the squad depth in the future. But that shouldn't stop us from signing another attacking player that suits the mould. With Spurs, I feel we'd end up Signing Barkley and taking the attitude of "that'll do". Where as we should be flogging Sissoko and replacing with Barkley (as that's an obvious upgrade) then looking for another attacking option to offer us something that we don't already have.
    I'm fine with signing Barkley, but not just Barkley.

3. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Is Davinson Sanchez having his medical on the moon?? Why hasn't this move been confirmed yet?!

5. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Looks like its going to be a busy few days, Sanchez due to have his medical, Very strong rumours that Foyth is travelling over for his medical today and it seems we have run the race to sign the excellent young Jordan Sancho from Man City.

Sancho for those that dont know is a left sided forward (17 nearly 18) who is very skilful, has a turn of pace and an eye for goal. He was offered a £30k a week deal at City but turned it down because he wants first team football. I believ he is also London born and wants to return to the capital. This kid is a real talent and although not expected to be a first teamer straight away will certainly expect to involved in and around the first team. and make the odd appearance.

Very strong rumours that we are close to signing RB/WB Aurier from PSG, according to reports and strong ITK we have already agreed personal terms with the player and are close to agreeing a fee with the French club.

Barkley rumours obviously still persist and if we do sign Sancho it will be intersting to see if we are still in for Sessegnon considering they play in the same position.

Finally outgoings - Wimmer looks like he is going to WBA or Southampton, Everton may be interested, then of course Sissoko and N'koudou may be sold.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  6. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Probably the work permit.

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

In Barkley's defence, he actually had a really good season last year that seems to have gone pretty unnoticed. Think he got 9 or 10 assists and a handful of goals, plus I remember seeing a stat saying he'd created the most chances from any U23 player out of Europe's top 5 leagues. It seems he's finally starting to realise his potential and I think Poch could really get the best out of him.

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I reckon international clearance.

Only played two internationals so we'll be applying for the permit based on what he'll offer in the future.

9. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

WiFi connections from the earth to the moon are not that good.
    Especially during eclipses.

< bleeding obvious >

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd say Sessegnon is seen as a LB right now mate. Can understand the Bale comparisons in that he may become better off in an advanced role but I don't see Sancho and Sessegnon competing with one another from the off should they both join. Sessegnon will fight with Davies/ Rose, Sancho with Sonny.

The Aurier story does seem to be gathering heat. Top quality right back. Bit of a nutter but no doubting his ability on the pitch.

I see Barkley as a potential heir to Mousa more so than challenging in the advanced roles with Eriksen and Alli.

Best of luck to Big Kev wherever he goes, apparently Palace are also in for him so he's not short of suitors, rightly so too, solid CB who's been unfortunate in that he has two of the best in the world ahead of him.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. The RDBD

This transfer window has the feel of Pochettino doing some
    future-proofing (looking 5 yrs ahead etc) . No harm in that IMHO.

My concern is about the additions that are going to consolidate/
    improve the squad for the campaigns this season.

12. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

As you say were certainly buying players with the future in mind but i think Sanchez and Aurier (if he signs) will be first team regulars. Sancho and Foyth obviously wont be a first team regulars but they will probably be training with the first team squad to try and get in the match day 18.

I read somewhere that the great Shankly said every year he strived to bring in 4 players to lIverpool - 2 for the first team and 2 for the future. I think thats the perfect recipe.

13. The RDBD

I would change that to have :

1. four such players at the club, since if your academy is working well
    enough you already have talent in the pipeline.

2. at least one academy player joining the ranks of the senior squad.

14. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Here we go...

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Inevitable.

16. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nice roundup, ALKM. <ok>

If we do sign Aurier, then I think that we need to ensure that two things happen.
    Firstly, someone else runs his social media accounts. Easy, straightforward and everyone benefits.
    Secondly and more importantly, we need to get him to do something to erase his controversial gay remarks.
    I don't think that he meant to be particularly homophobic, but football's got enough issues with the subject at the moment.
    None of our fans should have to question their support of a player over something so ignorant and immature.

How about Sancho and Sessegnon for the same side in the U23s?
    If all of those moves go through, then we could have a very strong PL2 team.
    Austin; Sanchez, Carter-Vickers, Foyth; Walker-Peters, Dier, Winks, Sessegnon; Edwards, Harrison, Sancho.
    Ok, it's unlikely they'll pick that team, but still! <laugh>

No Kane No Gain likes this.
  17. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

let's get Sessegnon in...and Rose can do one

What is the issue with Aurier's behaviour? Can't say I know enough about why

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  18. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Koeman has said he wants a left footed CB.
    Koeman has said he doesn't want Barkley.

Swapsies?

19. So, Barkley for around £15m then?? <laugh>
    Even I might find that acceptable!!

20. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Facing a 2 year prison sentence for assaulting a policeman outside a nightclub, so nothing major <laugh>

He has of course appealed but the result of the appeal may not be determined before the window closes...which is why he has already reportedly agreed terms with half of europe...so that all he needs to do is sign on the dotted line if he is acquitted in time.

In the event that he is found guilty, or even if the sentence is reduced to some token community service bullshit, I'd like to think we arent so fundamentally stupid that we'd try to sign him.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.