1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Will be a bit crap if they go to Holland just to watch a load of players kick a ball to each other for a week. Not quite what was advertised exactly.

Read that ref the Board. I can see the merits of letting a woman into the boardroom. I mean somebody has to make the tea and sandwiches. I nominate Mrs Jools. <diva>(stands by for plate throwing)

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But would that give Mrs Jools time to join the prediction league as well.....this could be tin helmet time if we're not careful.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Monopoly money......PSG have triggered Neymar's release figure of £196 million and have offered him £27 million a year....which roughly works out to £520,000 a week.....one bad tackle and poof all gone up in smoke....6/9/12 months out....what would his insurance policy cost I wonder.......meanwhile back at Home Park we play another game.....it's called football.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

They have offered sanchez 400k a week.. They must have a rich owner... still they wont win **** all.. Its getting stupid now, these diving clowns are not worth that amount a year.. Tom daley won gold yesterday.. :confused:

5. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Could be Michael Smith who Kenny Jackett has just told that he is free to find another club (along with Gary Roberts). 6'4" tall. Been disappointing at Pompey with only 7 goals in 34 games since we signed him. Only got 2 goals in 14 matches on loan to Northampton end of last season. But, according to The Herald, he could be the one..............................................................................................

Another striker available is Portsmouth's Michael Smith. He is someone that could attract Adams, should he want that targetman-type, as he is a good size, works hard and for a striker of that type, he also has a fairly decent goalscoring record, averaging one in four.

At 25, the former Darlington, Charlton Athletic, Swindon and Pompey frontman is a good age as well and you would think his wages would be affordable to Argyle.

Smith is someone that ended last season on loan at Northampton Town in League One, scoring twice in 14 games. That is by no means prolific, but it is his work-rate and ability to bring others into play that would surely attract Adams.

Read more at http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/cou...0452829-detail/story.html#qTKAqAPuJiFlQfoP.99

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Watched the preseason friendly with Cardiff the other night and we missed a couple of sitters in front of goal from decent crosses and cut backs. We had a 6 foot 19 inch targetman on duty that night. Thing is we have the players to put in crosses so anyone who is good in the air up front could benefit greatly. We've been rumoured with just about every player from A to Z this closed season so why not another one.

Adams has acquired a fair number of players who have not been proliffic in the past and has managed to get a decent formula out of them so far in his Argyle managerial term. He did it last season where there was much muttering at every signing as being somebody else's cast off rather than he's now one of ours. He does seem to improve players so I'm never bothered what a player has done before or where.

7. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

If you're interested in him, me or a mate will happily drive him down to Plymouth personally.

I wish you had let me know earlier though, as I have recently returned from a few weeks holiday down in Dartmouth - could have brought him down with me then to save petrol <doh>

PS. Argyle will need to purchase a banjo and a barn door........

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Phew that was lucky Wooperts my missus was talking about us going up to Dartmouth for a couple of days to visit her family. We might have bumped into you.

Banjo and Barn Door sounds just our kind of player.

9. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

As long as Smith's playing style does not resemble the phrase:

"Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo"

He may be worth a look.

In Derek we trust...

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Does diversity not require having someone who doesn't support Argyle on the board? Blatant discrimination I say.

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Would you have been wearing your Naval uniform, or would you have been in civvies? ;)

12. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible only wears the uniform for special events.. watching count down and the other shows around 5 pm

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's the only suit I've got and it nearly still fits...........:D

Joe, don't be silly. I never wear anything when watching telly. Well apart from a pink suit that's a bit creased in places.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Chelsea have loaned out 20 players during July alone....how many players does a club need ?.....grabs all the talent... to stop it going to other Premier clubs....hardly any of these players will ever sniff a Chelsea first team squad in their lifetime.....greedy club controlling players lives....with the promise of the big time....don't they realize Chelsea buy their mega stars all ready made on the world market.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And if somebody offered you £50k per week to do nothing very much you'd say what exactly?

Blackburn did exactly that when the premier league was first born. They bought any player that came on the market virtually even buying 2 from Argyle. Morrison and Marker. It isn't just Chelsea that buy ready made stars is it. Why do they need to join in with the Check-a-Trade. It's to shut the FA up with their moaning about young englandd players coming through. There is an U15 tournament going on at the moment in Ireland. The one Argyle send a kids team to who have done quite well in the past. There is an article on the Beeb website tonight in the football section and guess which U15 team they are talking about? Yep it's Man U. Not mentioned the competition before and it's been going on for days now. Not mentioned a solitary score from any other game but just the Man U one. God I hate the fecking media hoares. Why not give a bit of publicity to the smaller clubs teams who might just like the encouragement and even have a star of the future playing.

16. Greenarmyjoe

See Conte or ****e is having a go at Spurs now for not spending any money. I feel Levy is correct and it have an effect soon and a big club will disappear.. hope fully...

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not sure this comes under Summer News but I picked up my season ticket today or green membership to be precise and before lyndhurst corrects me.

The fixture list once again is rhubarb printing. Last season it was one of those that you needed a degree in Oragami to unfold and fold up again and this time it's a consetina type which is too big. What is difficult about printing something simple that you can just slot into any wallet size and read at a glance. Maybe it was printed using Mr Brent's wallet as the norm. Still got it and ready to go so lets get this season underway.

18. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

It is better than the origami effort which I never managed to master. Must admit my first reaction with this season's was 'oh that's quite big'. Then it was pointed out that everyone complained that the print was too small last year to read. You cant please all of the people.................

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It is true it was very small print last season and this time it isn't. I think though they need to speak to somebody in printing and design. You need to keep it in your wallet or it gets lost in a pocket too easily.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

One of the best bits of news I've heard this closed season and it's not even for us. I read that Brunt has won himself a contract at Exeter following a successful trial. I have to say I am really genuinely pleased for the bloke. I actually wanted him to be given a chance here following his very unfortunate injury. Obviously not to be but he has at least got himself back in the game. Think he will do well for Exeter and they will love him. Great attitude and real trier. Well done Bruntie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.