1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I am also pleased for Brunty, sensible - of course I still hope Exeter fail to get up again this season (though I do enjoy the derbies), at the moment though I'm enjoying the fun of discussing League One while sat near some of my Exeter supporting work colleagues.

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Just an update on our summer here in BC.
    38C today and very smoky from all the Forest Fires in the Provence.
    Many of the Bears and other animals didn't survive the fires others that did survive are down in the valleys looking for food.
    Hopefully my Cabin is ok but not allowed in to find out.
    I am all signed up for another season of getting up early on Sat. mornings to listen to the games.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wow BC... the summers seems more devastating than your winters in your part of the world......forest fires raging in the South of France as well.....holiday makers sleeping on the beaches...just wanting to get a flight home.
    Losing your wild life...such as your Bears is a true tragedy....not knowing about your Cabin is worrying as well....at least you're not trapped in it is a bonus.....hope things work out ok for you there......a win for the greens will bring you some light relief on early bird Saturday morning.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not much chance of a fire around here as it's been bleddy peeing down all day long. July had 22% more rain than usual. Hope your cabin is ok BC but losing the bears might balls up your chances in the prediction league. I mean you don't want to try to do it yourself do you. I'd guess it's all part of the natural evolution thingy around your way with the loss of a number of the wildlife. Over here they'd call that a Bar - B - Que.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wolves have put Joe Mason out for loan.....Wolves have brought in 11 new players this summer and Mason has dropped down the pecking order.....Championship clubs are expected to be interested.....so not much chance of him coming back to Plymouth on loan.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Div One teams have been strengthening their squads this week....but Argyle seem to be having problems in finding a striker....we do look rather light weight up front.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Picture on newsnow Plymouth...of what looks like Ryan Taylor on crutches with his left leg either bandaged or in plaster up to his left knee !!

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Looks like Ryan Taylor has broke his ankle and will be out until at least November......we need even more urgently someone up front who not only can stay fit.... but score goals as well....we are looking rather toothless up front at the moment.....with a leaking defence we could be in serious trouble before October comes.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ Plym you're worse than Private Fraser in Dad's Army. We have played one league match losing 2 - 1 to a deflected own goal which on 9 out of 10 other days would have gone nowhere near the net and a cup game with second stringers to a Championship side away from home. It's hardly time to start saying we're doomed just yet. Yes we could do with another striker but who is to say somebody doesn't come good that is already here when given the chance.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Plus we didn't rely on goals from the "strikers" last season. Keep the faith, very early days indeed.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I genuinely think that anyone who has followed Plymouth Argyle over the years is programmed to think the worst at the earliest opportunity. We are almost tuned to disappointment and somehow no matter what the facts are we have to be gloomy. Even when things go right, as last season did, people are still looking for the negatives rather than at the success.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Another of Argyles' rejects Isaac Vassell has been sold by Luton to Championship side Birmingham for an undisclosed amount....signing a four year contract.
    Luton didn't want to lose him but he wanted to leave anyway.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just been reading the beeb football site where Adamsis quoted as saying he would prefer the transfer window to close before or on the start of the league season. It seems to me that most clubs and managers want the same thing so I'd hazard a guess it's likely. I'd also hazard a guess that Adams is finding it very hard to get his man or men because the parent clubs are hanging on to see what happens with their own squad before window close. I'm beginning to wonder if we will get anyone else in before the close and if this isn't Adams preparing us for that. We do need another striker even if a large part of me would love Adams to give Fletcher a go for a change. We do seem to lose players by not doing so despite a number showing potential. Vassel is a prime example of that and now I suspect Luton have cashed in on a decent payday for somebody we just let go.

14. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Think we would all like the window to close before the season starts. I def would. Surprised no-one has commented on the speculation that Ciftci is apparently signing for us from Celtic. This is a player who Celtic signed for £1.5million but has a bit of a disciplinary history. Sounds like a perfect DA 'project'.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been reading about this one lyndy. I looked on the Celtic website and according to that the deal is done. Should be signing next week for season long loan. Not sure what to make of this because we don't often get this sort of advanced warning. He looks like a bit of a lad but it can also be said that if he wants a career then he is going to have to pull his horms in and put in the effort. Could be a good signing but I suspect Derek isn't too chuffed at prior announcements.

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Been a busy day today, one way or the other. Suspect there might be quite a bit of news next week-getting close to the window closing. Ciftci has certainly had a 'colourful' few years. Be interesting to see if he would fit in with DA's plan, and his standards.Don't think we have signed a £1.5million player on loan before, especially one who must be on a decent weekly wage?

17. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Nadir Ciftci eh?

Hope Adams plays him in every game, otherwise he will "through a wobbly", and revolt....

We let him go to a Turkish club, because he had quite a high opinion of himself. He scored a couple of goals for us - one a brilliant flicked header, but terrible attitude overall. I quite liked him as a player, but he must be handled carefully.........

If he has the right attitude, then a good signing for you <ok>

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think the supporters have sort of already sussed that Wooperts. Make or break time for some of these players though. He has as much to lose as we do if he kicks off. He has a chance to put himself in the window and improve his stock. If he fails to do that then we both lose out because although Argyle will be there next season stroppy boy might be looking for a different job. We have had a couple of "not sure" signings who have played fairly well for Adams so he does have history for getting more out of these types. We shall see and however he turns out we need another striker so he will get the chance.

Cheers for the lowdown.<ok>

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Oh dear not sure about this one....seems to have an attitude problem....can Derek Adams and his team keep this fellow in line or will he know best.... suspensions seem to be part of his game....makes me think that Adams has become desperate regarding a striker.....will he be happy to only be a sub and will he be happy being subbed.....the fellow is 25 years old should have settled down by now.....sooner you than me Derek.

PS.....looks good stuff on video....but of course you only see the goal moves.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Lets give the bloke a chance first plym. "He looks guilty so he must have done it Guv" I've never been one for that sort of judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.