1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 SUMMER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saw the pics on the website.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Time will tell if it is a good thing or not but I've already said I'm not decrying the signing of 3 young lads. Having said that it is hardly something to get the flags out for either and it's not the news stories that many are awaiting. It's a bit like those "wait for it" headlines we have had in the past only for it to be the grand announcement that Cheese and Onion crisps are being sold in the bar again. You are paid to wave the flag these days though lyndie so you geddon and wave it.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

In all seriousness though it really is quite difficult. We would look ridiculous if we posted things like 'we have no news today'!. Whatever anyone might think, any confirmed news is released extremely quickly e,g. Ryan Edwards signing was released at approx 7.45 pm and this was literally within 5 mins of him signing (I know because I was there). We appreciate that there is a thirst for info, but if we haven't got anything 'important' to announce, there is little we can do. I suppose the old adage of 'no news is good news' holds true at the moment.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Fixtures out this morning......three games for me to go to this time.....Charlton, Gillingham and of course AFC Wimbledon......would prefer Saturday games please.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Connor Smith signs for Yeovil.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see there is talk of a Marketing Manager now for the greens. Think it might be a good move if Argyle are now seen to do things th right way rather than some of the things they have done or not done up to now. Are you up for that Lyndie?

7. lyndhurstgreen

I think my two roles within the club are enough for anyone!

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is talk that Jamie Ness 26 yr old....6ft 1.5 in central midfielder a free agent released this summer from Scunthorpe is in talks with Derek Adams.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Jamie Ness has signed a contract with PAFC today......our 4th new player this season.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not a regular by the looks of it as a central midfielder for Scunthorpe during the last two seasons....remember they finished 4th this year in Div 1 and lost to Millwall in their semi-final play-off....he did play in both of those games.
    Earlier in his career he had 19 months out injured...but seems to have put that behind him.......not sure about this player.....but I'm sure Adams would have done his homework thoroughly on him....came through at Rangers as a youngster and played something like 19 games over two seasons as they won the Scottish Premiership in 2011/12 (Adams would have known of him).....before their big crash (liquidation).....ended up moving on like many had to.....went to Stoke and got injured in his first game and then out for well over a year.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017

11. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He is a scot then.. with a name Ness i guess

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He's a Jamie as well as a Ness....couldn't have come from anywhere else.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Two roles? I always knew you were a bit of a right winger............that and selling the pasties. Wow what a couple of jobs.:D

Welcome to Mr Ness. As per usual will wait and see. I have to say this is not the time to be doubting Mr Adams choice of signings. There was a lot of manking and moaning last season about the crocked hasbeen freebies he signed. And baby look at us now....

You can never guess origin from a name or anything else. I always thought His Holly Ness was a cross dressing type but apparently not.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Loch Ness .. i am sure he will fit in as you say we cant doubt Mr Adams... a tough season ahead and i think we could reach the playoff at least <whistle>

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We should be "untouchable" now Joe....mind you, you'd say playoffs at least if we'd signed the Torquay second 11. I'd be quite happy with consolidation this time around but with a bit of flirting with the top part of course. I don't think we could afford to rise too fast because the Championship would find our resources out quicker than you could blink. This is not a Brent knock but I don't think we will make that with him still at the helm.

16. Greenarmyjoe

Well yes i think we will be playoffs or there abouts. But the Next step up will require al ot more imput money wise, we have made good money this season, so a nice cup run again this year and another payout.. At least every thing is going the right way now. I am not a big Brent fan but i think he has done ok.. got us up this league and its been a hard time for everyone. Let us hope it continues. :eek::eek:

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I don't see why you say that Sensible. Clearly the budget would have to go up to spend the additional money available in the Championship, but I see no reason why Derek Adams couldn't have a stab at keeping us in that division for a couple of seasons. The longer you stay up, the stronger the finances get.

It's if you try to overspend your way to the Premiership that troubles are likely to start.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been gleaning through all the info I can find on Jamie Ness.....to why he had so much time out earlier in his career.....I haven't as yet found any one reason or injury that kept him from playing in those days.

All I have found is a reference to Andy Murray and the "growing pains" he had at the beginning of his career......I do remember the odd occasion when Andy would collapse on court and go down like a punctured balloon.

It seems that Jamie Ness had similar "problems" and was out of action with injuries because of it.....his games total for Scunthorpe over two years is not high (50%ish)...but I'm not aware if that was due to injuries or the strength of the squad in his position.

What is obvious is that when at Rangers he was expected to be at the start of a great career, playing for them when they won the title and just before liquidation sent Rangers to the bottom of the Scottish League pyramid....I found a video on Wiki of him scoring a scorching thunderbolt against Celtic in the League Cup....worth watching......maybe genius Adams thinks he can revive this players career, and find yet another gem for Argyle.....maybe Carey's replacement....who knows.

19. lyndhurstgreen

Stand by for a little something for the weekend!

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.