1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2nd Signing in

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

excellent news. good job i'm two hours ahead coz if i'd seen that it could have been an expensive round.

like the way we're doing business. very covert, swiftsnd hoying a few red herrings about to keep the rest off the scent.

2. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why he was so cheap?

£2 million is nothing these days and Celtic are not daft.

Was he out of contract or nearing the end of his contract?

Like most of us on here I knew nothing about this lad.

Is it a master stroke signing, is he 'one for the future' or a squad player.

He sounds like a decent player going on the echo write up, let's hope so.

3. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Celtic just bought another RB from Man U, think Matthews may have requested a move, or they were looking to offload as they have Lustig and this new RB. Not sure about contract length, but from everything ive heard/read, looks like we have a good, quality player on our hands. Coupled with PVA on the left, our wings will hopefully be quick, and supplying the forward line with plenty of balls. Got Coates, now need another CB with pace, as it think with the wing backs, our CB are going to be left alone alot of the time. Good thing we have Catt's in front of them to help break up play.

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Worth remembering that Dick isn't a wing back man, he likes attacking fullbacks, defensive duties are not to be abandoned.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  5. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Hopefully during pre-season they'll be working with PVA, as good as he is going forward, he can be left out of position defensively. Thankfully now the LB and RB have pace, which will defo help in attacking and defending duties.

Im actually thinking this year might be the point in which we get over that hump. The magic carpet ride Quinny promised us almost a decade ago might be happening. Not to get carried away, but I think Dick and Congers work well together, they are working on the same thing, towards the same goal. Di Fanti had no idea, Poyet thought he was owed the same respect as SAF and wanted to do things his way, while Dick has been around a fair while, and knows whats needed and just wants to get on with it. I'm excited for what the rest of this window brings, and what this season does aswell.

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Probably a decent signing, no different to signing a young player with champions league experience from one of the other smaller european leagues. On a positive note he wil be used to the weather and big atmosphere.

7. Brian Storm

Dick will improve all the fullbacks defensively I've not doubt.

I think we could make Midtable this season with the right recruitment. I'd be over joyed with it.

8. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mid-table mediocrity! I've been dreaming about it the last couple of years!

9. Big Bad Wesley Brown

Big Bad Wesley Brown Well-Known Member

Looks like a very shrewd signing, certainly a better option than spending £8m on Byram, who is unproven, or paying over 2 million to loan Jenkinson.

10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Can sing a bit, aswell.

11. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Isn't he injury prone?

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2009–2011
    Cardiff City 41 (1)
    2011–2015 Celtic 101 (4)

aye never plays, always on the sick bed.:emoticon-0116-evilg

concrete tony and grandpops like this.
  13. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Celtic were quoted earlier this week as saying they "reluctantly let him go, but he wanted a move to the PL". So I think he probably made all the running, and seeing that there was no point in keeping him if he felt like that, they've taken what price they could get.

He's got four championship medals (admittedly in a fairly weak league) and that would have got him game time in three Champions League series. I don't know how far Celtic progressed, but still, four titles and three shots at CL games at 23 years old sounds pretty good. Advocaat obviously prefers what he has to offer to keeping Reveillere, and that speaks volumes to me. Rev was no slouch, even at 36.

Nostalgic likes this.
  14. Brian Storm

I keep hearing this and I don't get it. The lad played 2890 minutes last season. 41 Games! The season before 2011 minutes, 31 games. The season before that 2966 minutes, 39 games. The season before that 3102 minutes, 38 games. In his Celtic career he's played 150 games. In his pro career he's only 2 games off 200 and he's only 23!

Then I read this on the celtic board.

"Really good if he stays fit"

and

"Marked Messi out the game at Celtic Park playing at left-back. Cracking player with glass legs."

<laugh>

Now I know they consume broth with a higher alcohol level than absinthe and headbutt instead of shaking hands they're that hard but this lad has played a hell of a lot of football for a 23 year old. PVA is a year older and he's only clocked up 169 apearances.

I'd love one of them to explain these 'injury problems' <laugh>

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He was moving into last year of his deal as well, and he Bosman'd from Cardiff to Celtic.

Seems from the main Celtic forums they think he is quality but had stood still, likely due to the calibre of opposition.

I've a good feeling about this one, but I am confused about the amount of Celtic lads saying he IS always injured, when he has played average 30 plus per season.

I guess Celtic play close to 60 games a year like.

16. Brian Storm

Mate, that wiki entry hasn't been updated he's played even more. ****ing Jocks man <laugh>

17. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

I'm quite excited about this lad signing, not because I think he'll be a world beater I've never seen him play so can't form much of an opinion on him, but because he's a pacey attacking full back by all accounts. It shows a bit of intent to attack teams when both full backs are attacking minded and pacey, hopefully this means we're going to go out and attack teams this year instead of the dour, boring, settle for a draw ****e that we had to endure last year, a couple of more decent attacking options further up the pitch and we might start to look like a decent side.

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I was at this game and they carved Inter open down his side time and again, worth watching his involvement in the goals.

19. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Looks decent, be interesting to see how he adapts to the Prem.

On a side note, Gordon had a shocker! <yikes>

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye he was awful mate, but the crowd stayed with him, apparently he was superb all season.