1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 Musketeers or 3 Stooges ?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 19, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3 Bristol City Players Who Need To Step Up To Cover For This Injured Attacker

Bristol City’s 2-1 loss at the Elland Road was much more than the failure to bag three points, for their star campaigner in the shape of Tammy Abraham suffered a thigh injury against Leeds on Tuesday and is likely to be put out of the game for some time, though reports after his assessment are yet to surface. The Chelsea loanee had been in a red-hot form for Bristol so far this season, scoring 18 goals from 30 appearances apart from registering 2 assist and creating 29 chances.

Abraham has been their go-to man up front and with the sword of relegation zone hovering over the Robins (only three points separate the Robins from Wigan Athletic who are placed in the dropout zone!) coupled with the injury to the 19-year-old striker, it is high time for someone in their ranks to take up the command and fill in the sho
    es of Abraham, Bristol must be shaping themselves for the worst and here are three players whom they need to step up.

Matty Taylor

Taylor’s transfer from Bristol Rovers to Bristol City had indeed been a controversial one, for he was the first player in 30 years to make a switch from Rovers to City, but nonetheless he is a fierce striker with very ambitious motives. The 26-year-old bagged 68 goals in 132 games in two-and-a-half-year at the Memorial Ground and is arguably going to be an immediate replacement for Abraham. Taylor, however, needs to step up to yet another challenge of his career and live up to the standards he has acquired a name for himself.

Milan Djuric

The 26-year-old striker Djuric was another January transfer window signing to be unveiled at the Ashton Gate Stadium and has indeed kicked off his life under the tutelage of Lee Johnson with some splendour, scoring 2 goals, creating 4 chances and bagging 1 assist in his 5 outings which does give a sample of his attacking calibre to be vouched. He is tall, towering and has all the ingredients of a decent striker and from what we have seen so far from him, Johnson can definitely rely on him.

Lee Tomlin

With the humungous experience that he comes with, Tomlin can very nicely fill the void created by impressing on a consistent basis. The former Bournemouth striker has 5 goals and registered an equal number of assists in 27 league outings but he needs to up the ante and should a key player at this point of time with the words of encouragement from the manager.

Statistics Credits: Squawka.
    http://the4thofficial.net/2017/02/3-bristol-city-players-need-step-cover-injured-attacker/

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

If they get the right set up, tactics and service I can't see a problem, it's up to LJ..

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately up to now that has not happened.
    Why all of a sudden is that going to change under LJ.

My big concern, even if City did stay up,fingers and toes crossed,can any of us hand on heart, say he is the man to take this. Club forward.
    Be honest with yourselves.

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

If we do stay up, I would still like to see LJ in charge for at least the first 8-10 games next season, I would be hoping that he would have learned by his mistakes and drive us on to at least playoff place..
    I know you think he's a bad manager, but he's young, enthusiastic and loves the club and I believe would turn us into a decent side........of course that's just my opinion..
    I always remember that Fergie & Alan Dicks were a couple of games away from getting the sack......and the rest is history as they say!!

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

they don't mention Engvall or Wilbs so a bit tunnel sighted nor Patterson to be honest a scribbled report to fill space but an insight neverless highlighting the predicament

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Paterson, O'Dowda, Reid, all disappointing and not worthy of selection.

If you want the real deal at AG then you must pay for it.
    You get nowt for nowt
    SL should pay some money for a decent winger, or secure Cotterill on a permanent deal
    Then we need to get rid of the also-rans and bring in players worthy of a place (even if it means more bloody money).

There are a lot of average players at AG right now that are barely worth keeping.
    Memo to whoever is our manager - Midfield players should be able to shoot

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'or secure Cotterill on a permanent deal'

A bit early to judge but as yet he hasn't set AG on fire.
    He delivers a great cross but I haven't seen much else, as yet.
    Birmingham didn't want him either so the jury is very much still out for me.

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why sign him up on a full contract? Wasn't that what everyone was saying about Matthews and Tomlin? Based on 3/4 games is a bit premature especially as he has not settled anywhere previously. Don't that raise any doubts?

9. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Bristol? 'Dropout zone'? What site is this? Next they'll be suggesting 'added time Multi-ball!'