1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 Players Gone

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Jan 10, 2017.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Frank Nouble, Baily Cargill & Jonathan Bond are no longer Gillingham players. Nouble not had his contract renewed and neither Cargill nor Bond's loans have been extended.

For me Cargill is the most surprising out of the 3 because since he came in at the back, we've actually had some clean sheets and he's looked a lot more composed than Ehmer, Oshilaja & Pask have this season. Also means at the moment we only have Ehmer & Dickenson available for Saturday for Centre Back. I personally haven't got a problem with young Mitch being given a chance but Ehmer isn't exactly a leader so that might not bode well for the weekend unless we see some new faces asap.

Wish all 3 the best in the future though.

grumpygit likes this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I thought Ehmer was one of our more consistent players this year, always prone to the odd mistake but generally sound. I do agree though that not renewing Cargill's loan is a surprise, unless Howe wanted him back or the wages are better spent on the new CB to be announced later in the week.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I am also surprised to see Cargill go. I agree with Pegleg - that, defensively, we've been better with Cargill - not just as a CB, but his ability to slot in at full back.
    We are still in need of cover at CB, FB and Striker.
    Will we play JE-T up front, and alongside McDonald ( or anyone else to partner Cody ) ?? I really feel Gills cannot afford to have a player with such poor work ethic as JE-T.............. but, perhaps JE-T can be good as a central striker, with McDonald in close formation ( apologies to JE for mentioning 'formation' - he obviously didn't know how to use the F word ! )

4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Also surprised that Cargill has gone.

5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

looks like Herd and Ehmer unless another centre back is signed. Cargill is surprising, must be down to Bournemouth not letting him stay.
    Would expect Jet to play in middle with Cody but he needs to win headers being 6ft 4 ish

: Cargill, Nouble, Bond