1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

5 Games For The Price Of 4!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 15, 2017.

1. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

isnt that a jaguar?

2. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

I support the team.

Crying at home over stuff you don't like is a waste of time and sanctimonious blather doesn't wash with me.

Thanks.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It was a bullshit excuse, not a reason.

Kempton and Real ale tiger like this.
  4. Manila Tiger

Manila Tiger Active Member

So what was the real reason ?

5. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

If some people were abusing the concessions I wouldn't get rid of concessions. I would get people to check who was using concession tickets. Maybe have a few concession turnstiles with people monitoring them. Removing concessions doesn't seem the best solution to the problem.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. Manila Tiger

Absolutely.....I said it before on here just having manned concession turnstiles is an easy fix....and ban anyone abusing it for life !!!

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

They could have used the same people they now employ to stand outside the turnstiles holding their hand over the scanner until it says 'enter' !!!

taigers and Kempton like this.
  8. Mr. Shoes

Reality...

When my old boy couldn't make it we used his ticket in the family. Never had time to faff to pay the upgrade.
    When my sister used it no one cared. When my brother did he always got challenged.

But... with 50 people behind him in the queue the staff always figured the argument wasn't worth it. Besides there is always another turn style and chance. Unless they frog march you somewhere which is never going to happen!

They don't have time to take action.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  9. petersaxton

Surely they would confiscate the ticket

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

#askehab

The adults using concession passes was a very small issue, the club claim it was 200-500 people, but in reality they're just guessing. There are lights on the inside of the turnstiles that show when a concession pass was being used, they could have could have stamped it out easily, but chose to use it as an excuse for this scheme instead.

You don't penalise thousands of kids (or their parents), just because a couple of hundred people were abusing the pass system. It's completely self-defeating, it was better to have a couple of hundred people on dodgy passes, than to change things so radically that thousands of people stop attending games. It's rank stupidity.

Closing 3/4 of the West Upper was equally stupid and pointless, again it's alienated thousands of fans many of who stopped attending and for what? To try and move away fans to a place the SAG wouldn't allow, the season before the Premier League rule comes in that says away fans need to be pitchside.

These are all simply this seasons stupid ideas, to add to previous seasons stupid ideas.

11. Mr. Shoes

Then what! Chaos. Someone in the turnstile arguing and blocking people.
    Imagine that a few times over.

The answer would be to register misuse electronically and let the person in. Register misuse More than three times or so and remove the ticket the next year or send a bill.

Confiscating would cause chaos in the place you need efficiency. If we misuse our family season ticket a couple of times when the OAP can't make it I see that as a perk of paying every year rather than robbing the club. Makes up for the deals that you get if you buy the offers the club someone's has.

If we did it every game it's different and that sort of abuse would be simple to restrict. Cameras in the ticket area and retrospective action would kill it?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. petersaxton

Take them to one side. You seem to be implying that if somebody doesn't have a ticket then rather than "block the turnstile and argue with them" they should override the turnstile and let them though. Sometimes issues need to be dealt with there and then. Letting people through when not entitled just encourages the behaviour.

Sir Cheshire Ben and Plum like this.
  13. Manila Tiger

Totally agree...its beyond stupid. But as always it's the sledgehammer to crack a nut scenario, which I saw so many times when i lived in the Middle East.

Even though the Allams have lived in this country a long time, they still display the stubborn, ignorant and illogical traits I saw every day in the Arab world. But in that part of the world its the right and 'normal' way to do things.

I have been offered good money to go back and work out there, but there's no way I can deal with banging my head against a wall, day in, day out !!!

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ehab's never lived anywhere other than England and he was entirely responsible for these decisions, so it's not relevant.

15. Manila Tiger

My son has never lived in England, but he was brought up in an English way, with English values from his English family.......so I would suggest it is relevant !!

PattyNchips2, Edelman and petersaxton like this.
  16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'd suggest it's bollocks, his decision making has nothing to do with his parents coming from Egypt and everything to do with him being a petulant knob.

17. Manila Tiger

Sure you are entitled to your own opinion, because you haven't had to deal with Arabs on a daily basis.

I can give you dozens of examples, but when I lived there I went to McDonalds with a girl friend.......someone from our company saw us, so the next morning she got sacked and sent back to her own country and I had 2 weeks salary deducted !! Surely that's normal behavior for going for a Big Mac and Coke ???

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  18. Mr. Shoes

Eh? I mean if you have a concession ticket and you are an adult it's easier to log it and deal later than try and argue on the spot and block the turnstile.
    If never condone allowing anyone without a ticket but I haven't once a problem getting through with a misused concession as the staff just relent after challenge to avoid delays in getting people in.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

My business partners from 1983 until 2012 were from Bahrain.

Their kids were completely English, as they born and raised here.

I know one of the Assem's kids and she's no more Arab than I am.

What happened to you in Macdonalds has even less to do with Ehab's decision making than the last lot of tripe you posted.

20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

If you voluntarily choose to eat in MacDonalds then you deserve everything you get!

21. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Good reply.money is the only concern for these people.it is their god

PattyNchips2 likes this.