1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

5 years ago today

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

We won 2-0 at Watford to clinch the title...

Depressing...:(

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

No wonderful.
    But remember we all came away from there fearing the worse...that it would all be stripped away from us at the last moment....

Never quite got the hit from winning the championship, always fearing that we would be deducted 10 points, or even relegated.
    Watford was great...for the win
    When it was eventually confirmed at lunchtime on the last saturday of the season it was great.....but then we went and lost to Leeds

That is my team...we can never quite do it right

daverangers and mapleranger like this.
  3. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

I recall those matches - we were visiting with relatives near Tavistock in Devon and I had the TV on after the Watford match - we'd won, but like Beth, also fearing the worst, it felt all rather anticlimactic at the time. Much better just before that final match

4. factamondo

factamondo Well-Known Member

We danced the night away in watford...I woke up in strange bed in oxhey

5. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Are you still in touch with him

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  6. factamondo

factamondo Well-Known Member

That's a tad harsh...she wasn't the best grape on the vine but a grape is a grape!

7. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Sorry only kidding, was she full bodied or light and fruity

8. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I suspect things turned sour pretty quickly after that.

9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

We won at Watford and on the way home from the pub in the middle of Oslo I asked why thousands were waiting for the bus home ( couldn't believe all of them had been into town to watch us!) It turned out Roger Walters was playing live, so I got a ticket on the black market and a really top top evening was had.

10. SomptingRanger

That was the year that i came back from living in california for 14 illegal years.....couldnt believe it when we started winning...weekly....expecting...presuming.... warnock (how he used to wwind me up b4 !!!...taarabt.....i have to give a big thanks to a good friend that i met thru ebay (programmes) who got me tickets for leeds (& wigan n wembley) didnt go to watford....but the cheers & whoops as the news came thru that there was to be no deduction just as i was coming out of White City tube & the walk then down to the ground........................fantastic............we lost of course........it didnt matter did it...............beating chelsea........stoke ( the only games i got to) Wigan.....Derby.........I can die a happy man............ive had elation as a QPR man........
    footnote....grew up in east acton 67-, white city 75-78..used to stand on the top floor of Rhodes House, then the steward would let you in when the 2nd half started, moved to peterborough at 11 (wasnt gonna start supporting them!)
    Anyho...dont post often but read alot................yes 5 years ago was brilliant............also met some guy that had a massive California to loftus rd flag.... 2 brothers ha ha.............i was so pissed that night.... dont quite now how i manged to get myself back to victoria .....sobered up somewhat by the time i got back to shoreham as the memories of the day came flooding back....u RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR's

NorwayRanger likes this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

No victory tour either. Bitter sweet.