1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 99 days till the general election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Jan 28, 2015.

?

Voting

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Conservatives

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Labour

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Lib dems

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Ukip

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. None of the above

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

what you doing?

The poll is secret.

2. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Turning the tv over !!

Montysoptician likes this.
  3. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

My grandad told me never to discuss politics / religion.!!
    Bless him <bubbly>

4. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

5. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

6. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

all politicians are self serving ****ers - wouldn't want to encourage any of em - If I had to vote I would Vote For Insanity- Monster Raving Loony Party
    |

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I will vote Cons, because I reckon no matter what, this country needs a sustained period under one party to move in any direction.

Inherantly lazy Brits will continue to blame immigration policies for their own failings, the previous party in charge will get the blame.

People will spend more time looking at who's ruining and attempting to sell the NHS than being proactive and keeping themselves fit and healthy.

8. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Labour if Ed pledges to reduce student fees <cheers> Whatever you think the current system is ****ing idiotic, they say most people won't pay it off in their lifetime, once you get to 50 or something they write it off, just set the cost at a more reasonable level and then large majority of people will pay off their loans

9. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I will be voting Labour as they are the only viable party that are not sponsored by rich individuals and businesses that have an agenda to keep the working class down..

10. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

I will vote Conservative for the sake of our economy amongst other things...

11. MrRAWhite

The economy is in tatters with everyone but the very rich ( who are rolling it in by the way) being far worse off than they were when the government were elected.

12. WearsidePride

WearsidePride Active Member

The rich pay the most amount of tax, but everyone is intent on criticising them. The rich don't sponge off the government, or claim benefits, but people still criticise them, and they are the people who are usually spongers themselves.

Mackem-Tiz likes this.
  13. MrRAWhite

I beg to differ mate...The rich employ accountants for the sole purpose of exploiting tax loopholes and the majority pay less tax than the average worker, and percentage wise next to nowt..

14. Tel (they/them)

Wrong information always shown by the media, Negative images is the main criteria, infecting the young minds faster than bacteria

Where's the love?

Serious question: Hands up who thinks it's fair that you work your arse off in school/college/uni, graft your bollocks off at work non-stop working 18 hour days to set up your own company and grow it, employ hundreds/thousands of people who didn't try as hard in school, keep food on their table and a roof over their heads THEN, then, be told it's your fault that the country is ****ed?

Disco down under likes this.
  15. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I work for the NHS but I hate Ed Milliband as a leader! So I am a little stuck as to who to vote for! As long as the conservatives are in the NHS is in trouble - they are slowly privatising parts of it or moving them more towards a private sector environment.

So, all in all, I simply don't know!

16. WearsidePride

WearsidePride Active Member

So a rich person who earns say £2,000,000 a year. He should pay 45% tax plus 3% national insurance. So legally he should pay around £1,000,000 to government per year.

An average worker who earns say £25,000 a year. He should pay around 20% plus 1% national insurance. So legally he should pay around £6,000 to the government per year.

Thats a difference of £994,000 per year.

Can you name me an accountant that can get you out of paying £994,000 if youre salary is £2,000,000 per year?

Its just not possible mate. The newspapers like to dream up these crazy things to win the public over, but it simply isnt possible. And the rich pay an enormous tax bill each year.

There are a few exceptions where someone can own a company in england but live in a tax free country abroad. But to do that they would have to permanently be vacant from the UK, and that would make them a non resident and they dont have to pay tax to UK.

Griffy likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I wouldn't criticise the rich, just the way the Tories look after them.<ok>

18. HorsleyHillCat

HorsleyHillCat Well-Known Member

Here in South Tyneside we have been controlled by the Labour Mafia for as long as I can remember & I for one have had enough of the idiots, I voting UKIP, they seem to actually listen to people like me!

Deleted likes this.
  19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

My mate earns over £250k a year and pays as much tax as me (on <£25k a year) due to this accountancy thing. He has a very good person who does his accountancy and pays little tax so it is definitely doable - his wife also earns 3 times what I do and pays much less tax than I do. There are accountants and systems (loopholes) out there which can be used to ensure you don;t pay anywhere near the tax you should if you were working the way that most up here do!

20. Tel (they/them)

Labour ain't gonna save it pal, they'll just promise that they'll save it, then **** that job up as well.

If it's destined for privatisation, no gov't will save it without introducing new initiatives to keep lazy, fat, disgusting slobs away from the hospitals. Tell them they're not entitled to free treatment.

They are the weakest link in the current order of natural selection, they will have to be the sacrifice and it's their own faults.

Deleted likes this.