1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A bit of a lull?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by cidered abroad, Apr 24, 2015.

1. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Anyone else feel the same as me?

No stress now as we have won promotion with the champions title added. We can all relax and enjoy the last two games.
    The gap in the new stand is filled in so apart from seating, the work inside will be invisible to webcams.
    The massive roof girder will be up on 29th April.

Now waiting to see the comings and goings of players.

Only the Rugby play offs to provide an adrenaline rush.
    And the odd cricket match for a pint or two.

Roll on August!

2. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I always feel like that once the season ends. You get weaned off a bit with play offs and if lucky World cups etc (not this year) but then it seems like an eternity until August.
    Lost interest in Rugby- Cannot understand how Bristol can win a league twice and still not go up- Pretty pointless having a league season if you ask me-

Still, there is holidays to look forward to as well as my sons wedding in June.

Glad I got our season tickets though, I read that the Atyeo and South Stand are sold out now and looking at the Dolman, there were only 1,014 seats left unsold.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

That's what a bit of success will do, plus the reduced capacity again with the Williams soon to be gone.

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

The Dolman roof is lifted in to place on the 29th, so we will see a bit more shape when that happens.

I'm looking forward to our last home game.. (can't wait to run on the pitch.:wink:)

Also looking forward to the rugby..

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Yes Cidered, exactly the same.
    Especially since last August reading the Sunday papers.
    Week after week I'd be sipping coffee feeling all was well with the world.
    Never in all the years supporting City has there been a better season for me.

I was there at Arsenal, Coventry ,Liverpool, Mansfield etc but they were the odd games in a season.
    And with the new stadium taking shape I think this has been the best season ever.

banksyisourhero and gdknac like this.
  6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Despite the fact that the summer doldrums are just around the corner how nice it is to end the season hearing terms such as we have completed the task by winning this and that, rather than the usual groans about what we didn't achieve.

We all deserve a break and we should leave the decision making to those who know best and trust their judgement to do all the right things as they have done this season. Our return to the Championship has been paved with success and the job in hand is to prepare us for the predictable upcoming challenges that face us.

Just in case I do not post again before the end of the season I want to wish all of you a great summer and to those who live near a beach I would suggest some relax time (weather permitting) to get your body in shape for what promises to be an exciting new dawn. Does that sound O.K. cidered?

7. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Sure does Mike, I am really looking forward to next season because for the first time in many years, I do believe that now is the end of the beginning in the rebirth of BCFC

Next season will be the beginning of the next phase AND if SL's and my dreams come true, the end of that beginning will be Premier League security within four to five years.

I just hope the body survives long enough to see this happen.

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Churchillian sayings now eh cidered? At least now I feel we are on our way back to where we want to be.