1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Bristol Rovers Supporters' Trust

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by MarkCgas, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MarkCgas

MarkCgas Member

In recent years we have seen Supporters Trusts have a very high profile, sadly particularly when clubs are in financial trouble (eg. Portsmouth, Hereford, and Merthyr).
    A group of fans is looking at setting up a Supporters Trust for Rovers. I am aware that there was an attempt to do this with the Gas Trust over a decade ago, but that project got 'strangled at birth' by the Club launching the (in)famous share scheme.

However that was then, time has moved on, and many fans feel the time is right to have another go at this model which is used by supporters of many clubs up and down the land. The question is, do we start from scratch, or do we seek to revive the moribund Gas Trust which may still be legally constituted?

If anyone knows anyone who was involved with the Gast Trust can they please get in touch with me (preferably by personal message), so that those wishing to pursue this idea can make contact with them.

Anyone who thinks they would like to know more about it or wish to get involved, can also pm me,

UTG !

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

This will sound so negative but im not intended it to be that though. This will never happen. Too many groups have started with great intentions but then die after a few weeks/months without even really starting. I really admire those who try like yourself and pirate49 amongst others who attempted similar groups in the past and it shows how much you love the club. But 99% of fans either can't be bothered or unable to help or don't see the point due to the board who won't communicate and we won't get funds between us to remove the board. Look at the FFS club. It's great. It only cost a tenner. Not much in this day and age. But only 101 members have signed up. Don't get me wrong, that great and a help but I would have thought so many more would have jumped on to the bandwagon. I can't see why FFS can't get over 1000 members. But people just can't be arsed.

old timer and Jon the Stripe like this.