1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Dark Day For English Football

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Bayern 5 v 1 Arsenal

How many times have you heard me say this? I'm getting sick of it.

It happens every year, round about this time. Arsenal get torn apart by a proper CL team, not some noddy team, like they have become.

Le Prof - what a joke that nickname has become for most sensible Gooners - wouldn't last a season at Chelsea or City, so dreadful has been his record in Europe.

I can handle Arsenal losing, it's something we have all come to expect; it's the fact that they get utterly humiliated, time after time. They are genuinely clueless, when they come up against any of the true giants of the game, and we must all bear something of the humiliation and shame.

I have been so dreadfully soiled by tonight's debacle.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
    Skylarker and Dier Hard like this.
  2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Skylarker likes this.
  3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Skylarker and Dier Hard like this.
  4. The Ginger Marks

5. "So nothings changed then? Same old sh1t every year in the CL. What exactly is the point of us qualifying for this if we produce the same sh1t year in year out? The capitulation in the league and CL is hard to take."

(Lazarus20000, writing on the Gooner board's match-day thread)

This distraught Gooner is asking the same question, now, that I have been asking for the past 7 or 8 years. He gets a pat on the back, and I am written-off as nothing more than a wum. Go figure.

Whilst I was on the Gooner board, I again noticed the extremely poor turn-out and the extreme paucity of new threads. That board has gone the way of the Chelsea board, and undoubtedly for exactly the same reasons. In the end, a heavy-hand moderation style, with bans and grassing-up used to get rid of those who dare to speak out against Pixie and that Welsh Gooner mod will reap exactly what they sow - destruction and desolation.

It is sad to see a once-thriving board reduced almost to ashes, but no one can say that it is a surprise.

Skylarker and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  6. The Ginger Marks

As opposed to embarrassing a great footballing nation by failing to qualify from the easiest group!

We are still laughing at you Spuds<laugh><laugh>
    Ps. Advice, posting at 03:00 am then at 05:13 suggests a very disturbed and unhealthy mind.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

His childish method of wummery may well be inflammatory buy that shouldn't take away from the fact that he's right.
    That is embarrassing the Gooners are a mess, it is ingrained into the club that get 4th and play in the CL is the height of ambition, the fans have finally seen through the mist and want it to change. A shiny new stadium and a token superstar now and then should not take away from the fact that they are the ultimate example of the PL & Rich owner money model that we as fans have to fight against.

Sharpe*, Skylarker and pieguts like this.
  8. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It is all getting rather predictable, isn't it?

I can only think that the board, and by default the manager, are satisfied with achieving top 4, getting some CL money and keeping the P&L account looking good.

Our club' board are often accused of thinking only of money with no other concerns. But in my view, Arsenal's are just as bad, and probably worse.

It's the way PL football is going, unfortunately. There's so much money in it now that potential owners are coming from all over the planet to try and get a slice of it. These people have no great love for 'soccer', they're businessmen pure and simple.

Skylarker likes this.
  9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

This is my argument when you see fans wanting 4th more than a pot, we're sucked into this money mentality and need to snap out of it. You see fans discussing money leagues and club revenue, get a grip!
    Football has to be about winning, has to be about the glory for the fans and the club as a whole, the players represent us, they live our dreams out on the pitch.
    It's all gone very wrong and I don't think there a way back.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

One of the changes in football at the moment is that the heart of the big clubs has been lost. The big clubs are affected by the mega millions more than your Sunderland or Stoke, you can hear it in the fans, they sing and support their club football still means something to them. It's all very quiet at the top.

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, mate, you're probably right. The cat is well out of the bag and there's no catching it.

It's come down to a club being a 'global brand' now. They make far more money off the pitch than on it. It's probably come down to a numbers game with the best bean counters in the business predicting how much extra revenue can be generated by a certain level of attainment. The boards of these clubs can then see if there's future potential profit in spending more, and possibly achieving more success, or not.

All pretty sad really!....

Lovearsenalcock and luvgonzo like this.
  12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Gone to pot. Just like all the 'swing low' ****ers you hear at Twickenham. Most of whom have never played the game and know **** all about it.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

...true ...you lot going out of an average group with a game to spare was the most embarrassing of course...but Arsenal have certainly not covered themselves in glory ...although Bayern Munich are of course an exceptional team ...

Thankfully we still have 2 teams left in the competition...let's all get behind them then ... :)

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

So if its the board, what's to say it won't be the same protocol for the next manager? Wenger and his ideas have become stale and I'm sure he has lost the fire that is neccesery to win the league. However the players are not blameless.

Sanchez aside, who I think will be off if Wenger stays, the rest have a lot to answer for. Once they are on the pitch then its up to them to step it up. I just think the nature of the players in football has changed a lot in the last decade. When Wenger took over he had Graham's team to which he could add but that toughness, determination etc etc was in the DNA....over time it has diluted out. Leicester win the league once and they have all retired. Too much money, not enough hunger and certainly no pride. A players thought processes on a pitch can only be guided by a manager its up to the players to manage in game play. Look at Ozil....coasting it, how's that Wenger's fault?

I do think its time for him to go but that's because change is due but I don't think its all Wenger's fault. Can't stand players with no fight.

P.s...can you please keep your secretary in check please Hiag, she's always lifting her skirt and I'm a flirt.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

The board are happy with what they've got, mate. Which is probably why Whinger is still there. He obviously doesn't stir things up, or try to push the board to be more expansive. He's happy too and busy topping up his pension.

Is it any great surprise that the club's mentality then transmits itself through to, and finally indoctrinates the players. To his credit, Sanchez seems to be about the only one who refuses to accept this. But he's clearly frustrated and pissed off and I've no doubt he'll soon be off..

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  16. The Ginger Marks

Sadly there's only one London club with a winning DNA. Since the premier age there is money available to grow, to better achieve. Seems some clubs are run by businessmen where profit is key. The Roman Empire is set to plunder more silverware from the hands of these people.

armchairblue likes this.
  17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

For all the **** thrown at your owner he's always backed managers and demanded success on the pitch, he's also at the games often.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This times a million.

I swear the footballers of old and even the fans of old, would turn in their graves if they could see the modern day football fan, arguing over net spend on the internet and being obsessed with money.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Another modern day trend is the fan ****ing over Barca and Real and even Bayern, the ****ers are there to be shot down not to be sucked off! Arsenal should really hang their heads.