1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A perfect birthday

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Mar 3, 2015.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Had my doubts about tonight but the boys didn't let me down on my birthday and it ended what was a fabulous day all around.

We're made of sterner stuff these days and it showed up in the most positive way at Orient compared to the past when an early goal generally led to sorrier results. To make things even better most of our contenders fell by the wayside and only MK Dons gained a single point and so our lead has increased.

What was the idea of watering the pitch at halftime? Not trying to affect the outcome were they?

Well done the lads and according to the commentators the 3 stars were Freeman, Freeman and Freeman - agree?

2. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

You mean PNE....MKD lost.
    Happy birthday fella!

3. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday and welcome to the "71 Club".
    A good evening for all City Fans!

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Mike!

5. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

no idea why they watered the pitch, as their approach play was a lot of high balls, and occasional crosses into the box. They didn't play it on the ground much at all.

Freeman was easily the man of the match, followed by Fielding (I know!) and then Wilbraham. Agard does a huge amount of running and easily covers more yards than anyone else. And Flint is just magnificent - never loses a header.

I know a few people of this board keep worrying about results before games, but if you actually went to see City play this year (and I know it's difficult for everyone) then you really wouldn't worry at all. 0-1 today and there was still no doubt as to who was going to win.

That is the 14th time since September we have scored 3 or more goals in a game. We really are a very good consistent team.

6. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Glenn, it is clear that Orient watered the pitch to make it more difficult underfoot for the defending team, City.
    According to Radio Bris, there were big puddles at the start of second half.

Orient learning from Swindle? It is called CHEATING!

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Cheats never prosper and old folks get things wrong Tampa by saying the wrong team got a point. It was indeed PNE and not MKD so there.

8. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

Yes there was one big puddle and it remained the whole 2nd half. It wasn't there in the 1st half. Interestingly, it only really affected their players as they tried to pass the ball across midfield and the ball would hold up in the water. The referee had it pointed out to him at the beginning of the 2nd half but he wasn't interested.

Nice compact pitch in general though. Just spoiled by some over zealous sprinkling.