1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A weekend of relaxing!

Discussion in 'Coventry City' started by daveskyblue, Nov 9, 2013.

1. daveskyblue

daveskyblue Member

Last night even though it was painful to watch and the scoreline flattered us somewhat I thought the Dons played very well and caused us lots of problems and if it was not for Murphy in between the sticks we could have been 2 or 3 nil down, however, we have come through this unscathed. I thought Christie was very rusty and allot of his passes went astray but very good to see him back. So now to a relaxing weekend sitting down to Uncle Geoff and the lads. On the plus side again I do hope that a solution can be made to see the Sky Blues back at the Ricoh very soon!

So onto this weekend of FA Cup fixtures for my predictions:

Bury v Cambridge I fancy an upset here away win 1-2
    Hartlepool v Notts County Home win nothing to lose and not a very nice place to go either 3-1
    Grimsby v S****horpe local Derby and i fancy an upset Fish heads to win 2-1
    Oxford Utd v Gateshead Home win all the way here 3-1
    Walsall v Shrewsbury Cant see any other result than a home win really 2-0
    Wycombe v Crewe i fancy a home win here 3-2

Well let us see how we get on god knows don't put any money on it!<party>:emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Another result for you Dave.Coventry are now my official number two team.Best game I ever watched was at Highfield road back in the 70's ended Coventry 5 Norwich 4 with us missing an injury time pen,old 1st Division.

3. daveskyblue

daveskyblue Member

It is amazing how certain games stay in your mind, mine was us beating Villa on boxing day http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221ULq3Apow i do hope you guys stay up this season you have a good manager, i do remember the first season in the Prem when our 2 teams were topping the league for quite a while, now that was a great season for once i was not concerned about getting relegated, good luck tonight against the Hammers bud.

4. Cruyff's Turn

Thanks - it worked,we got a slice with Jaaskalinen going all butter fingered!

5. daveskyblue

daveskyblue Member

I thought you were the better side and WHU were very average at best, you played the more attractive football and deserved your 3 pts well done bud

6. Cruyff's Turn

Game of two halves.We rode our luck a bit first 45 but were terrific second half,Snodgrass in particular.Do you think there is any danger of getting your manager or strikers poached? If you can keep them I can see Coventry back in the Championship next season.

7. daveskyblue

daveskyblue Member

ooh thats a good question, Mark Robins i thought he was in it for the long hawl, however, look what happened there but Elvis is an ex player and he loves the club, he has been assured that no one will go so x fingers mate and yes i do think we can go up teams are afraid of us here because they set up to defend and that says something of how well we have done.