1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Additional flags/banners

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Mar 27, 2015.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

What's the feelings, anyone up for more?

Now we're better informed, we can improve on what we've got. I think the club will let us have more hanging space, but not in the immediate future. I will ask the question next week though.

One option could be to design one or perhaps two banners specifically for the spots we've got, and look to use the Bruce and/or Cobb Morley to pass around. Or make another giant one to pass around the ground before kick off.

Another option could be to make several at the size people can take into the ground (away games too) and create a stand of colour.

Any thoughts on those or other options?

For design, I think most seemed to prefer something with a player on, so maybe, the simplest would be to create some the maximum size we can take into the ground so we get more options for location.

Any thoughts?

Polly13 likes this.
  2. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

How about a tifo instead of a banner? I know your not a massive fan of the ultra culture but they do look impressive.

3. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Has hanging banners over the balcony of the West Upper been considered? I know there's advertising hoardings there but is there not gaps that could be utilized?

I was impressed by the Emirates last season with all the banners placed on the front of their upper tier.

As for the design, I think the aim should be to create as much Amber and Black as possible, whether that is plain Chequered Banners, Tiger Heads or Legend Silhouettes. What happened to that Pride of Yorkshire flag that was at Wembley?

Polly13 and originalminority like this.
  4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Is that the big long banner thing?

I hadn't considered that. Sounds like a decent option to me. Any thoughts on what could be on it, and how we'd use it? Is there somewhere we could hang it at games without blocking adverts or are they better being moved in the stand?

Perhaps we could turn a stereotype into a display by finding a group of tartan blanket types and get a line of them to sit with one on ther knees all game.

Polly13 likes this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure about the pride of Yorkshire one. I've something in my mind about it being too big, but I'm far from certain.

As for hanging over the west, I'm not sure if their are gaps or not, but it could work. Especially if we had a willing volunteer up their to hang it each game.

Polly13 likes this.
  6. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

How about one of the ones fans pass overhead before kick off?

I'll chip in a little no matter what kind we make.

7. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

summat like this

Polly13 likes this.
  8. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I think the Brucey one should take pride of place and be a permanent fixture, its already iconic as it is with plenty of shows on Sky. He's the unifying figure in our club.

With players these days you never know how long they'll be here. But Elmo surely deserves some recognition. Can anyone come up with a good tag for his achievements?
    A Not 606 player of the year banner is a good shout too.

10. Geo's Ice Cream Van

Geo's Ice Cream Van Well-Known Member

ELMO = CROSS = GOAL

Or

ELMO
    No 1
    RWB

Or

DO THE ELMO ( with a picture of him doing his dance)

11. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Are you happy for supporters' group to become involved, alongside individuals, in the development of ideas for banners and the funding of them?

12. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Can you repost how to contribute?
    Cheers

Players is tricky as they could be gone every six months, but probably ok as long as they are fairly long standing 'servants'

13. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Anyone can contribute, we decided that yonks ago. They can't try and exert influence over the design, nor get their logos on there was also the decision. They're Not606 banners, not an advertising platform.

What groups would want to in any case? The Ulltra's seem to manage just fine knocking their own flags up.

14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Good question, and a follow up from me Dutch. Are you still taking donations or are you going to wait until you decide what to do next? Depending on what the next one is likely to be, I'd like to chuck more money in too.

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

St Elmo's on Fire.

16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Let's hang them from the floodlights and speakers - they barely work as it is :p

17. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

the Allams??

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think, as Happy says, the help we got before from various parties was great, if groups want to contribute as previously, I don't see anyone having a problem. The concern was that the spirit of the flag got lost in other agendas. The flags are gestures of support for the team, no more and no less.

Chazz Rheinhold and Happy Tiger like this.
  19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

At this moment in time, there's no realistic way to contribute, I was waiting to see the feelings once the first ones were up.

It looks like there's a desire for more, so if anyone has an onine account we can use, it'd be great to hear from you.

20. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Love the banners. There should be an Ian Ashbee one inside the KC. The way the only man ever to captain the club through all 4 divisions, a fete that will probably never ever be repeated, was treat by the club was disgraceful and the fans should do our bit to rectify that.
    Also cannot we have those childish banners removed from the East Stand concourse? 'Only club to have six floodlights' and 'Hull City cannot be coloured in' FFS.
    FC have crowd scenes from Wembley (where they have never won and have been beaten by record scores three times) and the words to Old Faithful and we have those pointless slogans.
    Andy Davidson deserves one too.