1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Additional flags/banners

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Definitely this with a big **** off tigers head snarling

2. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

It's good you don't see a problem Dutch. But that's in contrast with the negative comments made (not by you, admittedly) about supporters' groups' contributions to the Steve Bruce flag. The loss of the spirit of the flags was down to those negative comments, not the actions of the groups themselves. Hence its best to be sure about quite how inclusive this process really is this time, when it comes to supporters' groups.

You've tried to answer that question, thank you.

DMD likes this.
  3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Oh **** off. We didn't want the spirit and purpose of the banners being hijacked, and with Dutchs awesome organising and Mauleds artistry skills that was achieved.

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think there's a few issues that could seem to conflict. Sometimes that can appear negative, but I think if they were considered as constructive criticism, rather than negativity, they could be turned into positives.

All in all the banners are evolving into a display of unified support for the team. The only real debate as far as the banner goes is which order we put our heros on display, and how.

I think it's something we can all agree on and doesn't need the burden of politics. I'm certainly not meaning to underplay the problems at the Club, but I believe there are other avenues for those issues.

5. AlRawdah

It's hard to conclude that anything has changed. Certain people are insistent on seeing "hijacking" where it simply doesn't exist. That's a shame.

yerman, Kempton and PLT like this.
  6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'm not totally sure I see your point.
    Some expressed similar views previously, and that led to a vote, but I think what came out at the end was recognition of the contribution played by groups and individuals alike in showing support for the team, or am I missing it?

Edit*

This could sound dismissive, but it's not meant that way. If your issue is with individuals, would it be best to approach their concerns separately, and try to determine why they feel that way, and either correct them or address it.

If you feel the issue is with the way the banner thing panned out, please let me know and I'll see what can be done to make sure everyone feels included.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You mean don't stop donating just because Happy's a ****?

yerman and Kempton like this.
  8. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

I'd have Deano at Wembley (when he's about to score- it's an amazing shot), or Ash at Yeovil or Elliott doing his celebration.

9. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have the cards thingy where you place them on the seats? Maybe a tigers head? We'd need the clubs help with seat listings to get it right! Would look great though!

StevensonKieran and DMD like this.
  10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

No one tried to hijack it you silly frigger. But you and Chazz did try to prevent Dutch from accepting the offer of organisational help and discounts offered unconditionally by a supporters group because you both don't personally like them.

Polly13, Fez, Herbert Atkin and 2 others like this.

11. AlRawdah

There are no "politics" here, no groups wanted to make these flags anything other than supportive of the club and manager in an inclusive way. The supporters' trust contributed time, knowledge and money to the two existing flags, yet there seemed to me to be a reluctance to recognise that. That seemed to me to be a bit unnecessary and suggested those inputs weren't entirely welcomed. Hence the question about whether contributions this time around are to be welcomed by you.

That's just how I see it. I'm sure you have a reasoned alternative view. But it's best you understand where some of the people who assisted you are on this matter.

12. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Change the record will you?

I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even idiots should be able to vary it a bit.

please log in to view this image

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Are you saying I didn't make the support clear enough? I did try and mention it frequently.

As you say, there's no politics and I can accept that. I'm sure that all the welcomed support was done for no other reason than to support the spirit of the banner.

14. AlRawdah

There was no mention of the Trust's (or was it CTWD? I can't recall the precise timing) contribution for a long time, indeed some voices claimed quite explicitly for a while that the Trust had NOT contributed and that went uncorrected. For those of us who did contribute time and effort, that was disappointing.

I confess I don't read every thread so if I missed one that made the Trust's role clear then I apologise. But in the threads dedicated to the flag, this reluctance was the impression I got.

15. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

press the ignore button and don't worry about it silly ****

PLT likes this.
  16. City

City Active Member

Agree with that..
    Ashbee's gonna get yooouuuu
    Would make a great banner

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think you could be right. Without looking back, I know I made a point of mentioning exiled's invaluable connections getting us a cracking deal with Barmy Flags, but I could have done that as an individual.

My apologies for anyone I missed. Ultimately I was keen to show everyone that contributed, even with suggestions and votes was a part of the banners. I was concious that some support was more key than others, but the goal was to demonstrate it was 'the fans' that did it rather than emphasising one group over another. I like to think that's the motive behind people's support.

Now people are more comfortable with the simple concept behind it, I'm sure people will see support as just that.

It's a big learning curve, hopefully we can make less errors as it goes on.

AlRawdah likes this.
  18. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Agree good ideas

DMD likes this.
  19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So what was the trusts contribution? Open up I did ask and never got a reply.

20. AlRawdah

Yes you did. And you commented on it. The Trust put Dutch in touch with flag suppliers and contributed money. I also sorted the payments, although that was under the auspices of HCSS.