1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Additional flags/banners

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Is it a secret?

2. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

[edited as per dutchs message below]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

In my opinion, yes.

It opens up all sorts of issues, few if any I believe would be constructive.

Some people weren't in a position to contribute financially, but their opinions on the banner were welcomed and valued. Others needed to wait, and missed that opportunity, but their support was still valued.

I think a contest of who did what is detracting from the simple concept of the banner being a gesture from the fans to the team. I think that's something we need to keep as the focus.

Fez and Kempton like this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Dont think my posts get what i mean across. It the trust contributed 600 quid to a 600 quid banner then i would have no problem with the trusts name on it. It would be theirs.
    But this idea came up on here and you drove it forward. Ideally i dont want groups contributing, it should be a spontaneous gesture from individual fans under a not606 banner, whether thats ideas or money or whatever.

DMD likes this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I agree. I think the people that helped and donated appreciate it's a fans banner they're contributing to.

I don't see a problem acknowledging gratitude when groups or individuals offer specific help, such as mauled, exiled and the HCSS.

I think it's interesting that the one person whose group's named on the banner hasn't commented at all. That's Mick, the site owner whose work got us all together in the first place and provides the platform for it to continue.

6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

We were all aware, and perfectly happy for whoever wanted to contribute, to contribute. We were told about certain groups throwing some money in. The forum made it REALLY clear that it was to be a NOT606 banner, and they have been.

We also knew that HCSS helped out with the account, as well as knowing someone gave Dutch a heads up on a decent banner maker who would give a discount.

If that account was yours Al, thanks.

I can't work out the point of all your posts in this thread though. Are you looking for a pat on the head or something else?

A lot of people did a lot of stuff to make this happen, especially of course, Dutch and Mauled, but all of their help is gratefully acknowledged. What more do you want?

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He was probably just hoping some dipshit didn't tell him to **** off.

8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Listen un-Happy, if you were to be honest with yourself,you would realise that without the help(financial and effort) of the 'NO TO HULL TIGERS' lot, the flags made in support of Steve Bruce the players and the club,wouldn't have been possible.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. AlRawdah

An amusing flame, but actually that wasn't the point. No one was after a "pat on the head" for their actions - **** knows, I'd be sorely disappointed if that was my reason for getting involved in City related stuff, based on what gets out-poured on here.

My issue, which Dutch has addressed, was that some people took upon themselves to claim that the Trust had nothing at all to do with the flags, and those statements were left uncorrected. Which was a bit harsh, IMO.

Kempton likes this.
  10. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

And as I've said, we all knew CTWD/HCST threw some money in, along with many other people. T'was appreciated.

The "Trust" had as much to do with these banners as anyone else, and it was all about a Not606 banner, nowt more nowt less.

Who has claimed, btw, the "Trust" had nothing do with the banners? If you mean someone said "They were not HCST banners" or "The banners were organised by Dutch on the Not606 forums and were nowt to do with the banners", they're correct, even the second statement, because other wise you would need to change it to "The banners were organised by Dutch on the Not606 forums, and many many fans contributed to them, along with some groups such as HCST, HCSS etc etc". Like I said, that isn't new info, so it wasn't clear what you were asking for.

We just didn't, and still don't want to see "HCST supports fans in funding banner" news items, suggesting the "Trust" played a bigger part than it did, and that is how the forums members wanted it.

11. AlRawdah

Indeed. And neither do I. I've made my point clear, so there's no point in repeating it.

12. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Ok cheers
    I'll get a postal order ready for next time

13. AlRawdah

Dutch, the same offer to handle the payments as before still stands from me.

DMD, Kempton and Happy Tiger like this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That's great news, thank you. Can you remind d me of the details? Once you're in a position to, I'll start a thread and we'll get the ball rolling.

Do I take it people are okay with large hand held banners with heros on, pretty much as mauled has shown us?

I'll also sound out the club to see if there's an option to hang another large one.

15. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

After this our next flag should have only one person. The 14th greatest captain in "Soccer" history, Ian Ashbee

"The least technically gifted man on this list perhaps, but don’t let that taint your view on Ian Ashbee as a great captain. Ashbee never won a World Cup, or a Ballon d’Or, or even a Champions League. He did win back-to-back promotions with Hull City before adding a third a couple of years later when the club won the 2008 play-off final though. This meant Ian Ashbee made history; the only man to ever captain a team through all four divisions of the football league.
    Ashbee played over 200 games for Cambridge before joining the Tigers where he was sent off on his debut. Another five red cards would follow but did little to damage the appreciation he received from the club’s fans. He managed to tame his disciplinary problems as his career went on and in the nine years he captained Hull City he displayed exceptional leadership skills, instilling tremendous desire in those around him and guiding the club to the Premier League for the first time in their history."

The 15th greatest captain was Didier Deschamps and he came ahead of John Terry.

The links can be found on CI http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=forum&forum_id=8&thread_id=20945

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Ash may just prefer we give him the money.

He's doing a Sportsman's Dinner in National on 7th April. 15 quid and you get a two course meal. Swanneh's compering.

Ticket sales are a bit slow, so if you fancy it get yourself there.

17. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Can you put payment details up again?

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Yes, I'll start another thread once I've got them.

I'll leave it until later in the week so people have had a chance to comment on the suggestions and I've had a chance to see if the club have any other spots currently available.

I'm hoping we can start with a clear idea of how much each banner would cost so we can perhaps produce one as we're collecting for the next. That way, it reduces the need to debate over which order to do them in, plus if a collective wanted their hero, they could consider donating in full.

If they're to be portable, we'd also need volunteers to look after them.

I've looked on the club website, and the maximum size for hand held banners is 6' X 4'. I think that's okay as we don't want to be blocking people's view or covering adverts. What do others think?

Those are only my thoughts, if there are other options people want to consider, such as the longer banner, please shout out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  19. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

It would be good to be able to hang them over the entrances? They only show what block you're in & more visible.

20. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Fantastic obituary!

I didn't even know he was ill!

Polly13 likes this.