1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Advocaat turns down Sunderland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, May 28, 2015.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Dick Advocaat, who surely worked a much bigger miracle than Sherwood, Pulis or Pardew given how completely dire Sunderland looked and how little time he had to to it, has turned down the chance to become permanent manager. Shame, I liked him, obviously a very good coach, but also funny and dignified with the media.

He's 68 and says he is retiring from club management (presumably leaving the door open for international roles). My Mackem mate says Advocaat's wife refused to spend any more time in or near Sunderland. :emoticon-0136-giggl

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

AS if he wants to stay there! The club struggle every season and soon it will drop to Championship. It's too near Scotland for my liking.

3. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

He was a great "gun for hire" though in keeping them up.

4. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

They offered him £2m in "accommodation expenses".

He turned them down stating that he only wanted to buy a house and not half the city.

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Doubtless Redknapp is on the phone now "You saw what a geriatric manager can do, no way am I past it! I'm your man! I come as a job lot with Joe Jordan. And Bobby Zamora, Joey Barton and SWP are available and they all love me! Top, top professionals! Pardon? ....err, no, my knees are fine, I went to Lourdes. Well, to the golf course at Lourdes. Yeah, well, triffic. All I need is a top ten in the world manager's salary and a private jet to fly me back and forth from Bournemouth. And 4 days a week off to fulfill my media commitments."

Taffvalerowdy and Tramore Ranger like this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Would serve them right to appoint Harry, would totally blow the myth of him being a top manager the slimy c*nt...

Stroller likes this.
  7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No doubt he earned a tidy sum for keeping them up and to be honest why would you want the hassle of managing a club that will continue to struggle next season at his age......time to take a nice holiday......