1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Airco for All

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Obadiah, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

2. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

I think it means that Council is looking at its legal rights under the terms of the lease and whether there is any breach. If there is a breach of the lease and the City Council have the balls the Category 2 Academy status goes up in smoke. The constant leaks show that this time the Council is at least semi-serious in getting the Allams to back down.

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Leaks won't achieve anything. They're being treated with the contempt they rightly deserve. If they can do anything, they would have, time is a running out as they say.

4. Obadiah

They are doing something. Alan Johnson has written a letter demanding the SMC rehouse the groups. They have asked for a meeting of the committee which may well be refused. They are leaking the relevant parts of the lease. Believe me Happy the council have decided to at least rattle their sabres. I don't know if they'll have the balls to revoke the lease but all this publicity could result in the Premier League saying no at the audit.

5. swftiger

swftiger Well-Known Member

There does appear to be a conflict between the purposes that the lease requires the Airco to be used for and para.285.3 of the Football Leagues Charter for Academy Players And Parents Guide 2014/2015 which states that the covered pitch has to be for the exclusive use of the academy at all times.
    Assuming the guide was published well in advance of this season the club have been aware off the requirement for 6-9 months at least.The exclusivity of use probably determined the college not finding any arrangement acceptable.
    Is Allam putting money into Bishop Burton on land he doesn't own?

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

It is interesting at least, the various 'leaks' as well as Alan Johnsons open letter
    No idea if they will actually do anything, but they're working the political wheels to gauge opinion and also set it up for if they do decide to do something

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The council don't actually need to take legal action to stop this happening.

The terms of the lease state that in the event of a dispute between HCC and the SMC, the matter must be handed over to an independent arbitrator.

If it does go to arbitration, it won't be resolved in time for the 3G pitch to be installed ahead of the academy inspection.

8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

9. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I get the distinct impression that some current and past members of CTWD would be happy to see us not get Academy 2 status.

10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Nowt to do with CTWD. But i for one will say i would be happy not to get academy 2 status this asessment time, if this is the way it is being done.
    The club has known for ages what they had to do, they moved everything to Bishop Burton, they stamped their feet and cried last asessment time and got this one brought forward.
    They had plenty of time to sort it.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There are no current CTWD members, the organisation no longer exists and I don't believe there's any City fan who doesn't want a Level 2 academy.

12. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

You blind or what (c) and be used by any resident of Kingston upon Hull. I do not see exclusive use to Hull City football and a few school football teams to cover those terms in the lease. The council should cancel the Allams lease for both the Airco and the KC

13. Amin Yapusi

So we're all united in #AircoForAllam?

Good, there's strength in numbers.

TurkeyTeeth™ likes this.
  14. Amin Yapusi

Any resident in Hull can go for a kicks out on an artificial pitch if they fancy it.

15. merchantman5

You have finally hit the nail right on the head.<applause><applause><applause><applause>

16. merchantman5

I would suggest that there wouldn't of been a need for the evictions because Hull City would of had the facilities they wanted. It could all still happen but the silly old fart wont negotiate with the council.

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I get the distinct impression that some Allam acolytes don't care what happens to the Hull community as long as Allam gets to do whatever he wants withut question.

18. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

19. Amin Yapusi

If the council buy the SMC, do they also take responsibility of its debt? Likewise if the lease is breached and the council takes control of the stadium, what happens with the SMC's liabilities?

20. Obadiah

Yes if they buy the two companies they buy the debt, well over £14 million according to the last set of accounts. I have only seen the gross figures so don't know what they consist of.

If they terminate the lease the companies have to pay their debts from whatever assets they have and what other business they do. Hull City Tigers Limited and Hull FC would have to negotiate a new lease with the Council to use the facilities.

This may all be academic as they seem to be talking to each other. About bloody time.