1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Airco for All

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Obadiah, Mar 15, 2015.

1. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

What you are all forgetting is that planning would not of being forthcoming as they required the council to illegally act on that planning, which they obviously can't do. So the council's statement is correct, they have not lied.

2. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

As long as you've got a good CV you're in !
    no troublesome job application forms for Codrot ALLme

3. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Failed to mention "qualifications required in banner hanging".

4. East_Stand_Always

East_Stand_Always Active Member

Can I come work for you? What industry are you in?

5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Join the ****ing queue mate.

6. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Yeah me too !!

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

No, those demands were either/or IF planning failed. That simpering buffoon Brady stated those demands were both on top of the others, as if they wanted the whole lot.

8. East_Stand_Always

East_Stand_Always Active Member

I asked first!

9. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

East_stand I own an engineering consultancy.

East_Stand_Always likes this.
  10. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

That would be unrealistic and unfair, as the course is obviously very long and difficult. Just imagine the frustrations of the design engineers when, after going to the trouble of designing and project managing the prolonged build of a 25,000 capacity stadium, some thoughtless sod actually has the temerity to ask if they can hang a banner - the cost of their additional training requirement would throw their budget out of sight!
    But there is a solution; just claim to be having an advertisement audit, that will lead to extra space, lost revenue and banners hung were advertisements were once hung (and couldn't be seen properly, either).
    Life's simple.

joannahatfield likes this.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Are they new posts, or has someone gone?

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

A poster on the rl forum posted his thought on the Allam's motives.

Sound reasonable?

"I've been pondering this scenario:

Allam wants to sell City. It's a difficult market and few are interested and the SMC is a further ball and chain which future buyers don't want. He can't spell City without the SMC as he would be left holding that putrid baby - the SMC is completely unattractive as a lone company.

He has to get rid of the SMC whilst retaining what he's owed from it (anything between £4-£6M if estimates are correct). He offers to sell it to the council for a pound. Refused.

So he creates a situation where the council are forced to intervene. I think he hoped the council would step in and take over the SMC debt and all. I don't think he's expecting they can terminate the lease - he seems from the letters we've seen to believe he has adhered to the terms and is legally compliant. We all know his pig-headedness and self belief even when confronted with all evidence to the contrary. He probable has top-class lawyers who he believes can make this stick.

It's up to the council to prove a breach. If he can get away with it the council cannot terminate the lease and cast him adrift owing himself money. But they would be pressured by the furore to seize ownership, thus undertaking the debt too. Allam is remains a massive creditor in this situation and it's a win-win for him."

13. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I understand the Hull Schools Primary and Secondary 5-a-side competitions will be taking place at St Mary's next year instead of at the Airco.

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It'd be a real shame if some fault was found with the building that meant the doors were padlocked shut just as the squash tournament was due.

15. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

If the council take over debts of £8 million owed by a Labour donor's company I think they will be in deep trouble however much the Allams want them to.

A legal battle will put off any hope of Category 2 status until possibly next year, which means no additional funding from the Premier League for next season. If you want to sell anything the worst thing to do is to create confusion over what the buyer will be getting.

If the council just go for an order to put the Airco Arena back to what it was and to allow local sports groups to use it at a reasonable rate the Allams will be left with finding the money to do that and managing the site. They may get the bubble pitch but will have spent well over a million quid getting it.

If the council try to terminate the lease any prospective purchaser would have to renegotiate the terms on which Hull City rent the KC. Again, huge uncertainity over how much to pay for it.

Only Assem Allam knows what his end game is. I can only feel that his hatred of the council has made it so much more difficult to achieve. From Brady's interview with Burns it would appear that the Council would have given him everything but the freehold if they'd have sat down behind closed doors and sorted it in private.

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Do you know how to hang a banner in the KC stadium without it blowing away? ( the stadium that is ) I heard on here they were looking for some help .

17. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Haha.... Not a problem... I will happily supply one of my graduates for free to work on it!!

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Whatever his game plan is, he certainly seems to make his work harder than it needs to be.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>
    It's decent offer, far better than some less informed types offered.

Mind you, they'd probably still see that as putting money in Allam's coffers, but it's not really an issue, the same ones didn't want a banner anyway. <laugh>

The alternatives offered could look good though. It's a shame quite a few could end up not seeing them.

20. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Typical eggchasers view.
    'Few are interested' How does he know?
    Brady said City wanted 18 months free rates or half of the costs of the bubble.
    A lie.