1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ajose the lazy bastard

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 18, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Nicky Ajose is starting to get on my t1ts, and those of a few others judging by the comments on him.

I fully accept that he is a classic poacher, a "fox in the box" striker who thrives on scraps. I also fully accept that despite coveting him as his marquee summer signing and paying a rumoured 450k for him, clueless Slade is not playing to his strengths.

What is the point of hoofing a succession of 70 yard moon balls in his general direction every game ?

That accepted, the least we can expect as fans is workfare and a positive attitude. Think back to the likes of Garry Nelson or even Jim Melrose. Players who have their all for the shirt even when they were not scoring. Ajose offers none of that. All you get from him is gobbing off at team mates (Konsa and Josh M yesterday) and petulant shrugs when his chronically bad first touch let's him down again.

Yesterday there were the first rumblings of dissent towards Ajose in the Covered End. The kid needs to pull his finger out, put away his Lewisham street kid attitude, and start grafting.

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

3. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

If start Novak instead of Ajose up front on Tuesday or play Lookman forward and bring in the wizard shuffle it about abit I'd bring opinion Bauer for Konsa too.

4. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

slade doesnt have the b0llocks to change it that much. he's still living on past glories - picking the team by himself without interference from that fluffy haired twat network scout

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Lazy bastards are obsolete- even in L1. You used to get them, but they still had to score goals, like Jimmy Greaves did.

6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Haven't seen him but this sounds about right. Like JBG last season, he seems to have signed for us under the misconception we were going places. It then turned out we didn't even get a complete midfield worthy of the name, and the lad has to exist on scraps, and go foraging back.
    The grumblings he is lazy are picking up momentum. He may be sulking about lies and broken promises, or simply waiting for Callum Messi to thread him the perfect defence-splitter. Whatever, this is starting to look like a reprise of Reza, Mak and countless others. The lad could badly do with Slade having a fatherly chat, before the rot sets in.

7. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Not sure if he's lazy he's a poacher and needs chances to thrive and getting very few but on yesterday's showing Deffo should be dropped for Tuesday

8. Talal El

Talal El Well-Known Member

At one point on Saturday, I think it may have been Ulvestad who started a counter attack, breaking at their defence, he just had Ajose ahead of him and was clearly looking for a run in behind, Ajose was jogging two yards in front of Wimbledon's back line, when surely this was the perfect opportunity to run in behind for a through ball? From where I was sitting, got to say lot of people are losing patience.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He doesn't suit slades football at all. I suspect RS signed him in hope that he would be another lisbie for him, but the work rate just isn't there, and we don't play enough football in the oppositions box.

Slade would be having a heart attack if that were the case.

10. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Sad indictment of Ajose that he didn't even make the bench today.
    He has been shocking all season, not just his lack of goals but his lack of effort.
    It looks like Robinson has had enough like the fans.