1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Alex Sandro for 60M Pounds??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Jul 1, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sandro is a HUGE upgrade over Alonso but that doesn't warrant a 60M fee FFS.

Sandro playing lights out in THAT Juve setup is nothing. He is not at Cole level or even Marcelo level Defensively. We should have kept Ake for that position.

I am worried about these crazy fees - which will make him very unsettled as well.

We should go for Monaco kid Mendy. He is a player and should be less expensive.

2. The Ginger Marks

Is he going to be your new Obi? Sandro is above Cole level and is faster and a better crosser of the ball. At just 26 he is already world class, Ake was sold with a buy back clause so don't worry on that note.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

FFS, Obi might have been a bit part player in a stellar squad for few years.
    When time came when he had to step up - he was found out.

Give a fcuking break.

Sandro isn't good as Marcelo or Filipe Luis (remember him??) to break into Brazilian squad.
    60M pounds is MADNESSSSS

4. The Ginger Marks

Obi was flawless in the Champions league final how bigger step are you talking Stan? Sandro is as good as both of them and far, far better than FL the guys already considered a world class player by all the critics.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

HAHA

Sandro pisses all over Felipe Luis mate....give ME a ****ing break.
    £60m is madness for any left back though, I will agree on that.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

sandro will be a good buy for us, but Alonso is no dope either. I hate the obscene money as well, but football is obscene from FIFA to full time where money is concerned. start with ridding the betting companies from any association with the game.
    sorry to see Ake sold, Conte is not living up to his promises regarding youth, and Ake is well shot of us. Like Bertrand and Lukaku
    he will make it despite us.

StanDMan likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

£60 million is the going rate I'm afraid. If we don't buy him some other club will. From what I've read of Sandro, he's a superb footballer.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Let me break it to you fellow Blues,
    Sandro is 3rd after F Luis & Marcelo in Zilian setup.
    Do google lookup.

Carvajhal had Sandro in his pocket all game (offense & Defense) in Juve's only meaningful game last season. Cannot really take someone from awful Serie A and expect them to hit the ground running.
    Also Cahill isn't Chiellini.

I won't be surprised if Sandro struggles to dislodge hapless Alonso, if we buy him for 60M pounds.
    60M pounds will be twice worse than Pogba's. Juve are criminal especially after John Square.
    30M pounds is expensive for Sandro. No Defender or left back should get more than 40M pounds.

I don't have to remind you all, that in footy things aren't simple like 2+2=4

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  9. The Ginger Marks

Sandro makes F Luiz and Marcello look like duffers Stan. Watch some you tube vids on all three players you'll soon be back apologising.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Havent seen anything much of Sandro, but F Luiz and Marcello have been regarded as top players for some time, and I've certainly seen some great games from them ( via Sky).
    If Sandro is in that class, much as I loath it, someone will pay 60 big ones for him, which means we have to as well. David Luiz is looking a bargain now, and we all thought we were mad to buy him back at the time !!!!!!

Blueman and Bodinki like this.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This.

I hate to admit it really, but when you get players like John Stones going for £50m, and Pogba for £90m then really all logic when it comes to player pricing must go out the window.

Blueman likes this.
  12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

So that is very very obvious that the sole game you watched Sando in was the Champions League final, and you are judging him on one game

Blueman and The Ginger Marks like this.
  13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Was thinking the same thing.

I wouldn't worry yourselves too much.
    Stan did little else but wittle all last season that "So and so isn't good enough" "We will definitely lose if [insert hated player of the month here] plays in this match"
    I remember one time when he said Alonso is a liability and will cost us the game (can't remember who it was against) and in the game, Alonso scored twice and got man of the match <laugh> ****ing priceless.

These days, if Stan makes a claim, you can almost certainly bank on the exact opposite being true.
    He was proved wrong time and time again last season, so I wouldn't worry, I am sure Conte knows better than StanDman.

Blueman likes this.
  14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Going to have to disagree with you boys on how Sandro is far better than Marcelo and Felipe Luis.

For me Luis is great going forward and great defensively. I was a bit sad he never got a good go of it at Chelsea as Mourinho preferred Dave being far better defensively (and more disciplined) than Felipe Luis. Even now i don't actually think Luis did badly for us, just he wasn't preferred.

As for Marcelo, defensively he's suspect but he's brilliant going forward. Also he's got bags of energy and he's up and down. In our wingback system he'd be well suited. I wouldn't trust him defensively in a 4 but the whole point of 3 at the back is so he can run down there.

Sandro, i haven't seen too much of. Looks good going forward and back but no way would i say he's out and out better than either of the two above. As Stan says, the brazillian coach agrees with this.

Not saying I wouldn't have him but i hate this bias towards a player just because we think he might be coming to us.

StanDMan likes this.
  15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No bias here at all.
    I personally wouldn't be looking at buying a left back as a priority to be honest.
    Alonso did just fine there last season.
    I still think Sandro is the superior player of the two though, so he will be a minor upgrade.
    I also think Sandro is much better than Felipe Luis. Marcelo I have only seen a handful of times in the CL because I do not watch ****ty Spanish football (other than the odd Atletico match, as they are only Spanish team I can stomach), so wouldn't be 100% confident saying who was best between Sandro and Marcelo.
    **** Luis anyway, he didn't want to play for us, so whether he is better or worse than Sandro is a moot point.

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

That's fair enough, does that mean you watch Italian Footie and Juve? If not then surely you don't know how good he is <laugh>

StanDMan likes this.
  17. The Ginger Marks

I watch Italian footy and he is an exceptional talent.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I do watch Italian football, at least a heck of a lot more than I watch La Liga anyway

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Not sure whether to believe you or stan 'Ive watched him once' dman....<laugh>

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Serie A is s#!te.
    Name one player from Serie A who lit up PL in the last few years??

Pogba or John Square come to my mind.
    End of??