1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alioski - Our Next Legend?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

This kid has got a brilliant attitude and mentality ... Orta made it clear from the start that he only wanted to sign players who really wanted to be at Leeds more than they wanted the money ... this video clearly illustrates exactly what he meant

Alioski has all the tools to be a huge success for us, and I can't wait to see him scaring the bejesus out of Championship defenders ... if our other signings have a similar mentality then it's only going to be a big plus in the dressing room ... love it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Great post Billy and I enjoyed watching the VDO.

Shame he didn't touch the ball once with his right foot in those clips but then again neither does Messi !

Farsleyexile and BillysStatue like this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hes faster than he looks & has plenty of control, but he looks like he has the ball on a piece of string like Messi. I know he aint Messi but he is going to scare the crap out of defenders ghis season.

Samu is also exiting to watch especially when he runs at defenders. Going to bet plwnty of free kicks so we need people on the end as guaranteed to get dead balls put into the right area from Samu, Hernandez & Alioski from corners

Farsleyexile and BillysStatue like this.
  4. Jammy 07

Are you sure he's quicker than he looks Doc ?

If he is then we'll have one heck of a player on our hands.

BillysStatue likes this.
  5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Nice one Billy, can't wait to see this lad play for us, looks promising, love the Leeds salute at the end<ok>
    You'll get some miserable pessimist come along and say he's crap though:emoticon-0105-wink:

BillysStatue and Farsleyexile like this.
  6. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

When I see the stadium I get goosebumps.......

Me too

BillysStatue likes this.
  7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Billy. Most uplifting, and like nothing I've ever seen before. Canny wait. Roll on Thursday! :D

BillysStatue likes this.
  8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your report

BillysStatue likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Great video and that is the type of agent we need to be dealing with. That is called a professional rather than the rag tag ones some of our recent players who left, are blessed wit

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    BillysStatue likes this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Leave mighty alone Olof,he thinks its his job.:biggrin:

11. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

great point you make there Eire ... it shows how Leeds are going about their business, and it's clear the club are avoiding the money grabbers to ensure they get the right mentality into the club ... think I'll send Charlie Taylor this video link, he should feel ashamed about his attitude towards the club ... this Alioski kid is a determined lad, and he understands that Leeds is a massive club ... I can't wait to see him in action, and he also loves a tackle

OLOF, Farsleyexile and Eireleeds1 like this.
  12. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The can be as cheap as chips that only benefits Rad...
    But they have to be good enough to benefit the rest of us......There is nothing to prove or even suggest they are as I type...

Time will tell.

13. Jammy 07

I wouldn't be too harsh on Taylor.

He was only following the examples of Byram, Cook and before that Howson, Snodgrass, Beckford etc who were all running/ran their contracts down.

Taylor tried to do the decent thing by asking for a transfer last summer. The request was denied and he accepted the decision and fulfilled his contract. Monk absolutely hung him out to dry over the last match of the season. It was a dead rubber and to ask a young player who's career was on the line to risk injury showed a complete lack of class on his part.

Monk then showed what a complete arrogant two faced snake he is by then asking to be excused from his legally enforceable contract extension.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jammy you're wrong on Howson as Bates wanted to cash in & refused to increase his money with a new contract. Beckford and everyone knew he deserved a new contract but Bates said ok heres a new deal but the same money. Now we had the best striker in the div and he was wanted by prem clubs so was disgusted what Bates did. He was on £6k per week but scored over 30 goals and was rewarded with fook all. Obviously he would be stupid to accept that so cashed in elsewhere. He and Howson were driven out

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I think snoddy was also forced but I can’t remember details anymore. Thankfully a new chapter is at last being written apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Jammy 07

Howson left in the January window with his contract about to expire in the summer. There was no way he was going to agree terms so would have left at the end of his contract.

How is that different to Taylor who also was offered a new contract but declined the offer ?

Beckford was offered 40K per week by Everton on a 3/4 year contract so no chance to compete with that.

The similarities are all the players were offered and refused extensions to their contracts when they had 1 year remaining.

17. Jammy 07

Nobody was forced Eire.

All of them were in their final year and could have left on frees or tribunals if under 23. The club decided to take something rather than nothing and the players all chose a guaranteed massive wage hike and a new long term contract elsewhere rather than risk injury as they ran their contracts down.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jammy if Bates had offered Beckford a pay rise to go with his new contract he would have signed it. Bates effectvely put Beckford on the market by not giving him a rise. If he had he would have been worth a mint to Bates but the greedy twot didn't like hero's at the club. Newcastle & Everton then came calling so Beck ford took the cash. Howson again wasnt given a pay rise or new contract so slung his hook. These players were forced out the door by a greedy owner

Oh and by the way, Byrom, Cook and Taylor were all marketed by an agent to capitalise on their prospects. All 3 hated Cellino for what he did to Lucy Ward & Redders

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Gents, I think I'll adopt a more pragmatic approach and wait and see how they perform in the league before joining this wave of excitement. Just feel like we're starting over again rather than building on a good season. Prefer evolution than revolution myself.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  20. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

He might turn out to be the next best thing that has gone un-noticed by all the top scouts - but I somehow doubt it <ok>