1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Allardyce

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Not that I care, but I'd say give it to anyone but the Old Guard i.e no Hoddle and co.

Eddie Howe would be a decent candidate if he was interested.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

why do our media, especially those newspapers struggling to get "copies sold" have to dredge and set up such "stings" do it mostly at the detriment of our national football managers?
    did he do anything ILLEGAL ..no, did he state he needed to run it past the FA yes .... income tax and corporation tax have loopholes... ways of paying tax, and so a way around third party owned players is not illegal, merely comes under avoidance! like putting your money in the Channel islands or Cayman Islands, BOTH ACTUALLY tax avoidance schemes.
    the FA were not going to sack him ... yet, but he offered and took compensation. Cutting off noses to spite the face again, not exactly an English or even a Scottish fan ..cheer on both but also Wales Eire and NI .... should have made a statement ... door was open ... after consulting the FA Sam .... IS NOT TAKING ON ETC

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I think the FA got this right - he had to go

• may not have accepted money but was using his position to get more (£400k)
    • was talking about the ways round rules (third party ownership etc) and implied he could tell them for I imagine some sort of fee
    • critisised the FA
    • made comments about the players
    • said derogatory things about Roy Hodgson (including his disability)
    • made derogatory comments about other individuals

I can see them going for Wenger whose contract at Arsenal finishes in the Summer

4. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Agreed 100%.

5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

He'll be mad to leave Bournemouth for it

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

You want to see dangerous/drunken driving taken to an art form ?
    Come to France

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Every manager I've heard when asked about Allardyce has said how sorry that he was the victim of a sting.
    They miss the point totally, they blame entrapment.
    Why the bloody hell can't they admit if he wasn't such a crook he'd have nothing to fear.
    And there you have it folks - they're all greedy bas**rds.

8. Angelicnumber16

I worked there for nearly a year in 2004/5 in both Paris and Grenoble, so I know exactly what you mean.

But to be honest it's no better here. I'm not sure about the drunk driving element so much these days, but the whole world thinks it's in a life or death race on the M32/M4 every morning and evening.

Some of the stunts I see pulled, even at 06.15 when the roads are relatively quiet, makes me shake my head. People will literally cut you up and undertake arctics/tankers just to gain a one car length advantage.

One day there will be total carnage in or around Bristol due to these idiots.......

I just hope I'm not caught up in it when the inevitable happens.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  9. Angelicnumber16

I liked this tweet

Sam Allardyce has brought shame and embarrassment on our country. It is totally out of order. That's the job of the players

10. johngalleyfan2

I have driven 3.25million miles, reached june 29th 2016 of which over 120,000 miles on the continent in about 15 different countries, I have been around/on the peri pherique, (paris ring road ) many times since 1977 and also through most of the major French Cities, at least 30 of the biggest = French driving best in Europes main 6 countries ..the worst by miles Italy ( England) Spain Belgium around Brussels mostly Denmark Germany France England has the most ignorant self centred egoistic drivers, Italy they just seem to drive that way " see a space and 3 go for it all the time" !

" let he in a glass house!!!.... and really RP YOU SHOULD ADD THE THE WORD "alledgedly" to your comment or risk the wrath of the greedy!!!!

I have been, see first reply ... luckily only as far as 2 or 3 cars back, closest, witnessed at least half a dozen happening, 1 on m42, quite serious , after the carnage on motorways at least half a dozen times M4, M6 and M1 longest wait 4 hours at over 25 degree's also a few hours in minus degree's loads of " passing by incidents" UK by the way always make a meal of them...
    saw a massive pile up driving to Luxembourg, on other carriage way , as rubber neckers slowed from 80 down to 60 for a quick look! UK from 70 down to 10 for a long as can be look, cars on roof's lorry across road van on its side 10 -15 vehicles probably happened 5 mins before as blue lights were still heading that way as I turned off for the airport 5 mins later .. less than 2 hours later I went back Lorry was on hard shoulder,and still 4-5 cars... severely wrecked, like half height or length and the van ... one of the 2 lanes open, 2 policeman guiding traffic delay 2 mins / 3 mins 1 ambulance 2 police cars and about 5 / 6 people...UK motorway shut for +12 hours chaos on all roads for a 30 mile radius ....

11. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

So what you are saying John is that you have seen a lot of accidents.......mmmm were they in your rear window by any chance?:emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0136-giggl

RedorDead likes this.
  12. johngalleyfan2

funny you say that, as a parting comment I was going to say
    " goodness how lucky I was I missed most by seconds just saw them in my rear view / wing mirror " :emoticon-0104-surpr :emoticon-0140-rofl:

13. BrightredRickster

I suppose the last 2 years of driving in France must have all been a dream then lol

14. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Hoddle has been well known in the past for having religious meetings as part of his regime so pardon my ridicule when I ask how that will sit in today's sick and sad society? Last persons we need is Hoddle, Redknapp (bung me another please Sam), but is Pep Gaurdiola doing anything?

The latest downfall of England's footballing heritage is tainted with apathy and really not caring about the future of the sport unless it involves themselves and a lot of money. It makes me marvel at how the "Center of Excellence" has really reaped a non-existent crop of the new breed of English footballers despite all the accolades thrown around at it's opening several years ago. My suggestion is to look at another academy for our future international stars and I believe there is one located close to Manchester which seems to be getting a lot of attention and only goes to show how the face of the game has changed for ever. Sad fact but true.

15. Angelicnumber16

The generation of English players it may have bred include the likes of Jack Grealish and Jack Wilshire....?

If so, 'nuff said

16. BrightredRickster

I believe its time the FA were held to account, and its fabric was made transparent.
    Who the hell are these people, hiring and firing incompetent fools like shelling peas ?

One major win in 100 years
    They should be judged on their results like most other professions. Their record speaks for itself

17. Angelicnumber16

This is the same people who gave David Beckham 100 plus caps just because it was good PR come the end, rather than him actually justifying a place in the national team.

These are the sorts of mindsets we're dealing with where money and celebrity has become more important than actually having any success on the field.

18. BrightredRickster

Dont know why but the site actually answered the wrong thread.
    OMG technology is actually waging war against me <doh>

19. BrightredRickster

Can I assume then that you would turn down Glen Hoddle because he has a belief structure ?
    ON a football level he has a better CV for international football than any Englishman who has replaced him so far.

Are we so rich in managerial talent in this country that we can afford to turn away from all our best leaders (while wheeling on prize numptys like Hodgson and Southgate ?

20. Angelicnumber16

I don't dislike Hoddle at all, and what he does/doesn't believe in is entirely up to him and it has nothing to do with football.

My issue is I no longer like or support the England team or the idiots at the FA who have run the whole shooting match with no appetite for change over the years. The likes of Grealish and Wilshire are frankly overpaid, mollycoddled wasters at this point in their careers.

We also patently don't like flair in this country and the likes of Hoddle, Gazza, Le Tiss, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie and others, and their smattering of caps over the years tells the truth.

It also depends on how many more potential candidates for the vacant England job might be implicated in this developing financial scandal. I've heard tumours that Bruce and Pardew (and others) might even be part of it.