1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic And Now for Something Completely Different

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Is that really how a proper blow job works? I want a refund!

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  5. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

6. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

Cute but pissed on six beers? Must be an amateur. There's a shot of Labat's 50 in the clip, it's a good beer.

7. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Yeah - but you're a Brit?

8. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

It's suppose to be climbed in the dark, so you can watch a spectacular sunrise from the top. I did it with my dad as a kid, but was too cloudy to see it!

9. tigerincanada

Yes, I am ... from 'Ull an all n proud of it. In my time in Canada, I've met some serious drinkers and six beers would be a warm up or appetizer before the main course!

10. tigerincanada

Great video but I wouldn't fancy walking that in the dark. There are so many great walks in the UK. Last time I was home, I completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks and actually met a couple from Hull along the trek. As next year is our "City of Culture," I'm hoping for a visit. Thinking about hiking the "Wolds Way" because although I was born and spent the early part of my life in Hull, I don't really know East Yorkshire.

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

I did it with a mate; the Guide to the trail says 3 days, but we did it in 4. Run out with 2 cars and leave one for next day - drive out to start and pick up car to come back to day's start. The last day (finish in Filey) was great - we ended up at a wedding 'do' and, next morning, bumped into Jackie Charlton in the 'Ravine' (Filey will know it).

12. tigerincanada

Is it an interesting and worthwhile hike? Meeting Jackie Charlton would have been neat, was he approachable?

13. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Met him in Filey and Brid. He used to have some businesses with Bremner and Giles at the height of their playing careers, one was a petrol station on the main road near Primrose Valley Holiday Camp.Not quite the jovial, hail fellow well met type you may think. His attitude to,his wife was like a caricature of Andy Capp. Used to have a flat in Leeds not far from his sports shop. Often used to pop in with another City fan who lived nearby.look round and then ask him, in an incredulous voice, why he didn't have any Hull City stuff in. He once did say he had enquired about the City manager's job job after Britton was sacked, and that there were only 3 clubs he would leave Leeds at that time for, Newcastle, obviously, and Villa and City as thought they had the most potential of any clubs outside Division 1 at that time in terms of potential support. City said they would only have him as a manager but he thought he had a few years left in him as a player. Which he did. Then City went and appointed Terry Neill as a player manager.
    A story that illustrates how these people think and operate. A plumber near me was delighted to get a job doing up the bathroom and kitchen one of Charlton's properties years ago, as he was a from Leeds and a big Leeds United fan. After he had spent about £8,000, just on the bathroom, quite a hefty amount back then, he asked Charlton if he could have some money as he was going to shell out some more to buy stuff to get on further. Charlton said that he wasn't expecting to be paid, was he? His payback would come by telling everyone that he did work for Jack Charlton and the extra work he would get for it. Charlton's wife added that they were so pleased with his work they were going to ask him to do some work for them on another property of theirs. His response was a few more jobs like that and he would be bankrupt. He removed everything he could and left on acrimonious terms.

14. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The lad who came over for the Bournemouth game, told us that Canadians could hold their drink, he was a pint behind after two.
    Good lad though. He really enjoyed the day and plans to come to Hull next year now.

15. tigerincanada

Sounds like a tight ****. Didn't know Geordies were as tight asYorkshiremen. Maybe he was just an arrogant **** that figured the world owed him. Besides, he was a tall, lanky, gangly git, anyway.

16. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I did some serious drinking with Canadians in Edmonton for a few weeks
    Some Premier League drinkers over there, although to be fair none were on it as much as the Brits (Champions league if you will)
    Ones I met were really nice people though. It was summer so the whole town seemed to be fitting in the partying they can't do when it's winter

18. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

This brings back a few fond memories for my wife who did this walk a few times in the early 60's as a member of a rock climbing group when she worked at the Windscale/Sellafield nuclear site.
    Sometimes had to turn back when the weather conditions deteriorated and she never did the night walk.
    She lived in Millom at the time.

19. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

We were walking up the ravine, my mate and I - there were two women and a bloke coming towards us. we moved into the road to let them through and, as we passed, my mate said "Morning, Jack". I hadn't noticed the feller, so asked my mate if he knew him, cos 'Jack' had answered. That's when I found out...<doh>

20. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I was flying back from Riga in Latvia once and in the line to board and notice Jack Charlton stood in front of me. I said to him something like, "It's strangle to see you here Jack" he replied "Well they do play football here son" and that put an end to the conversation.

tigerincanada likes this.