1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

And then there were 2

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I know many people who liked us as a team far more recently than Keegan, who are now hoping that we get relegated and don't come back. I think we have to accept that outside of Tyneside probably 90% of people are hoping that Hull survive and we are relegated. Whether we agree with their reasons or not, a lot of football fans now think we deserve a good kick in the bollocks as a group of fans. Sadly the club is doing all it can to see them get their wish. I expect Hull to win on Sunday and I expect us to do no better than a draw. I believe it's teh championship for us.

As for Sunderland, fair play to them. They have shown fight and thoroughly deserve to stay up. It will be good to see boro up too. It is a double kick in the teeth for us though. Having Premier League status is worth millions to the city and to the area. The local economy will miss that money. I'd prefer to see all of the local teams doing well. We are the ones not doing it though!

clockstander likes this.
  2. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

It also significantly reduces travel costs for fans as well. For example travelling to Bournemouth or Norwich, is a complete ball ache compared to going to Newcastle of Boro.

There should also be united London club :emoticon-0184-tmi:

3. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Yep, the last time u lot dropped you had the likes of Alan Smith, Andy Carrol and Kevin Nolan in your ranks who battled their way back up to the Prem for you.
    I can't see that happening with the current crop. Imperative that you stay up IMHO

Obi Wan likes this.
  4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Absolutely. We'd have a smaller squad left than Blackpool if we go down.

5. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Might not be a bad thing if you are shedding some of the lily-livered no-marks who've landed you in this

If we dropped you could rest assured that the likes of Fletcher, Whickham etc would instruct their agents to get them a move sorted out when confronted by the 40% pay cut. Now they might be tempted to hang around another year...........

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I don't care if we go down. I talk to enough Reading fans to know they don't want to come up, they just want to go to a match, watch some footy, enjoy the odd cupset and believe they can enter every match with a chance. By contrast, I know a couple of idiots who claim to be "United" fans but have recently bought Chelsea season tickets because they "like good football". Clowns - the PL is fast becoming the reserve of the moronic, diluted to something only resembling a sport. The Championship is the toughest, most competitive league in the world.

7. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I sort of get what chatting to a mate yesterday he asked if I would still have a season ticket if we went down. My response was along the lines of at least I might see some goals and competitive games as in the prem other than the derbies and the cups there is nothing in it for us. Top 4 look set to dominate for quite awhile

8. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

I`m a football fan. The Premier League is not a place to be for a football fan IMHO. If we go down I am quite looking forward to locking horns with real football clubs, not playthings of billionaires or hedge funds etc. I really hope we go down. Our club will always survive no matter what. We are never going to win anything ever, so why not just enjoy the lower leagues. The fans of those teams always seem to have a better time than us anyway, so bring on relegation, In the words of the domestic abuser Collymore, "COME ON".!!
    Anyway I`m moving to Istanbul in 8 weeks so thankfully I will away from all this bollocks. I have picked Besiktas as my club as they play in Black and White stripes. Looking forward to interacting with the Turkish footy fans, a group who seem to be as mad a fcuk if my one Fenerbache/Galatasary derby is anything to go by. Merhaba Turkce Futbol.!!! I will gladly open my home to any NUFC fans who want a place to stay when the Toon have a European tie to play in Istanbul... LMFAO

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  9. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Bristol City, Norwich or Boro, Leeds United, Cardiff City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Blackburn, Burnley, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Fulham, Bolton, Brentford, QPR, Reading, Brighton, Rotherham, MK Dons.....most of the names in next seasons Championship. Most of those are capable of mounting a promotion push next season.

You sure don't get that in the Premier League.

10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Oh, man, I'd be so up for actually going to some of those matches with the lads n lasses from this place. Some of us have "known" each other since 606 days and I've never met a single one of you. Obi only lives down the road an'all!

Standout for me - Derby (family in Chesterfield), Cardiff (mate in Cardiff), Fulham, Brentford, QPR (all about a half hour train away!), Reading (next door), and MK Dons (less than an hour). Fck it, bring on relegation, I'm well excited!!!

Ellis Short Is likes this.

11. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

My point exactly.. The Championship is amazing from a fans point of view. Its a shame the Premier League is not like that. In this respect the USA have it right with their draft system for NFL and NBA etc You have to keep it competative to keep the interest going. If you feel your team will never ever have a chance of winning owt, eventually you switch off and lose interest, as is the case now. I am willing HULL to win on Sunday..

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

That is why the Championship is the toughest league. Possibly only Rotherham will be certainties to struggle. The rest, anything is possible. I would go to every single away game in theory.

13. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

Yeah,,, It will be effing amazing, mixing with real footy fans for a change, real towns and cities, real people. Not these plastic fcukwits. Of course, now that I really want this, Newcastle will again let me down again.. by effing beating West Ham. Cos thats what they do, PISS on my dreams constantly!!!

14. Sheikh_of_Araby

That's the key; real football fans. Most PL fans these days are plastic, middle class ****wits that jumped on the PL bandwagon. Go down to the Championship and you get the real hardcore fans that haven't been priced out.

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  15. Obi Wan

The best 606 banter was in the champipnship too.

16. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Remember the cocky Forest fans.

<laugh>

17. Obi Wan

<laugh> some of the very best.How on earth we were labeled as deluded, when you had those fans...

18. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

To be honest, I couldn't give a toss what other fans think of us. A lot of football fans are rabid nutters to start with, their weekends can be spoilt by the outcome of a football match. Mind, the ones I see on holiday, say, do tone their language and behaviour down when they speak to me about football. I don't really get the impression that people hate us. Maybe some people like to be keyboard warriors when they are sat in front of a screen? Maybe football forums bring out the worst in some people?

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  19. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Did I thank you for your big fat head widening your mum's hole for me? ;)

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Im in Istanbul in September mate.
    Will catch up for a beer hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.