1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anymore of this....

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dorty Dogbreath, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

At least Comm has the cajonas to come on here whilst his team is somewhat in disarray.

"Where are you.................?" :emoticon-0136-giggl

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Now, now.

He wasn't looking for an answer. It's just acting out. Best just ignore him till he's past puberty.

3. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

Are you talking about that nibbler fella?

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  4. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

It's even more baffling when you consider that during the 2006 - 2007 Championship season, a club actually lost their first 4 matches post relegation, appointed a new (completely untried) manager and then proceeded to be crowned champions that very same season.

Who was that miracle club I hear you ask? Why, none other than Sunderland AFC that's who!

So, on the basis of the above, and having only actually lost 50% of the games that they did at the start of the season, I see no reason for us to start worrying in the slightest

5. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

no. no. no. no, noooooo
    you can't go around quoting statistics
    they'll think that you've made them up

the statistics police are watching :bandit:

6. Dorty Dogbreath

All of them!

I want them to discuss their wonderful start the season :emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

In this case the truth is all you need to tease. Myself? I'm not surprised in the slightest. Been saying for long time Ellis is now only interested in getting his money back. Big step up in tv money came in at the end of last season(with it working a season behind) Hopefully he's clawed enough back to **** off. He's done nothing out of malice he's just ****ed up with everything he's done.

8. Dorty Dogbreath

We want Short to stay, Bri. He's doing a cracking job this season!

Just read that the last time sunderland won a premier league game in august was in 2010. You've got Southampton next up and I expect that losing run to continue.

Three losses out of three would be lovely.

9. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

It takes a long time to sink in, you are comparing yourselves to Sunderland which you did last season when I was telling you time and time again that Sunderland were the superior team and that loose canon Mitro would be spending a lot of time on the sidelines, OK I will accept your apologies for doubting me, but it is starting again, our defeats after a season start where it is acknowledged that anything that could go wrong did go wrong including the loss of our manager, ( Imagine the weeping and wailing if Rafa was purloined ) were against No1 Manchester City and No 2 Boro whom you will not be aware of were the team with the best defensive record in the first four leagues , NOW look at the stats and compare them against the nonentities that beat Newcastle this season and hopefully a light bulb will go on and you will stop this delusional thinking

Sunderland 13 times in the top two of English Football and the majority of those as Numero Uno , you can but dream in Newcastle because you will never ever equal it , so get used to it

10. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

lol, I do love statements backed up with crap statistics!

If you're referrring to this season, then firstly it's completely stupid to compare premier league defensive records to the other leagues as the other leagues have played twice as many games, secondly this is after 2 bloody games, thirdly you statement is completely wrong anyway as Boro have conceded 2 goals this season and Man U, Hull, Tottenham and Burnley have all only conceded one!...and if you're referring to Boro's defensive record last season, no one gives a **** cos it was in a far easier division!

It seems widely acknowledged you were dogshit against Boro rather than them being world world beaters.

Yes we lost our first 2 games too, but the difference is that after those 2 games our fans didn't immediately turn on our manager and our manager didn't say to the press that we'll be in a relegation fight all season.

J. J. McClure likes this.

11. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Survival would be a start kidda

12. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I suppose I must accept small mercies , you agree to having lost half of the games played in a ( Far easier division ) just try to imagine how you would go against the likes of Manchester City , Sunderland are by comparison competing at Olympic level , while Newcastle are competing against those that were not good enough to go , you did well to avoid trying to defend your loose canon

Even you would have to admit that Boro's full season of statistics is a better comparison than your this season two game effort, try to give some credit where it is due

13. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Yup - approximately 87.253% of all statistics are made up

Well, I have to offer my heartiest congratulations - never in my life have I ever seen someone so completely miss the point of a statement.........

I'll try and keep this simple for you - your quote said

"What would you give for the chances of a team looking to be promoted loosing their first two games and managed by a man serving his apprenticeship in the given situation, and a very good chance there are only two spots up for grabs on last season performances"

I was basically pointing out that it is perfectly possible to be promoted from that position given Sunderland's efforts from an even worse start (employing an ex footballer who had never managed before).

Nothing more, nothing less - simple enough for you??

Didn't include anything comparing our current seasons (which would be frankly laughable), so no delusional thinking really is there?

Also

"Even you would have to admit that Boro's full season of statistics is a better comparison than your this season two game effort, try to give some credit where it is due"

Well, I did - comparing the first four games played (which is the only realistic statistical comparison possible at this stage), 'Boro had 5 points last season (1 Win , 2 Draws, 1 Defeat) - so we're not doing too badly so far.....

Oh and by the way - "Sunderland 13 times in the top two of English Football" - actually it's 11 - to save you looking it up

Winners - 1891/92, 1892/93, 1894/95, 1901/02, 1912/13, 1935/36
    Runners Up - 1893/94, 1897/98, 1900/01, 1922/23, 1934/35

Just sayin...............

and yes, I appreciate it's more than Newcastle, but frankly given the last top flight championship either club managed was in 1936, it's a bit like two bald guys fighting over a comb isn't it?

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Hey Fredor, here's a stat for you.....tonight 13k turned out to watch you play Shrewsbury. We got 22k last night against a lower placed team in Cheltenham and we are a division below you.
    Live in the present fella.
    Not the past.

15. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

This is understandable Albert, unlike Sunderland, Newcastle supporters have quickly become inured to watching teams from the lower divisions

16. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

The football in England at present is a complete farce success depending for the most part on which billionaire is willing to spend the most money on his hobby, my comparison was to point out the success of the respective clubs on a level playing field which it looks like we will never be able to do again, a few wealthy men decided they wanted it for themselves , it is a sign of the times that to spare our feelings in a day and time when there are no losers the completely changed the meaning of the word championship and gave the name to the second division , this is in no way directed at NUFC it is a belief I have held since it was first introduced

Not too much joy should be given to the fact that players are leaving Sunderland for richer pastures, they are in fact leaving the North East

17. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

The stadium of ****e resembled a pink bus shelter last night rather than a stadium. Mackems were flogging tickets for £10 for adults and £5 for bairns and still no one could be arsed turning up. Apparently free tickets aren't allowed to be given out for cup games which tells its own story.

Shocking lack of support.

18. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I don't call you on nonsense too often but this was stupid. You excuse Sunderland's lack of support while in the Premier division on their not having been inured to life in the lower division ? Did that even make sense in your head ?

The facts, brutally unpleasant to us both, are:

a. You currently operate at a higher level than us; and
    b. You are an irrelevance. Our midweek attendance versus Reading will exceed your season's best. More people will follow us in person, on telly and in print in this our season of ignominy than will ever notice your existence.

Judge Death likes this.