1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Are we concerned by the lack of Transfer Activity?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Loathsneyd, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I don't think I am just yet even as I see players getting signed up left right and centre but I thought I take a look back at last year and see when our new signings were announced, so here's the list.

Wade Elliot and Mark Little 25th June
    Luke Freeman 26th June
    Korey Smith 27th June
    Aaron Wilbraham 2nd July
    Luke Ayling 8th July

So hopefully judging by this we may see a flood of activity shortly :)

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Why? I would rather they brought the right players in and I don't really care how long that takes.

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

We wont be signing anyone until Steve Cotterill comes back from his holiday on the weekend. So basically Monday. Personally if I was Lansdown I would have told the management team to have their holidays early June so we have more than a month to do deals. Cotts being on holiday is holding things up. Just hope within the next 2 weeks we see a good 4 or 5 players coming through as our pre season played a massive part in this years double winning team! So you would think we would get most of our business done before the plane leaves for Portugal!

Redprintt likes this.
  4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

[
    I agree I think one of the reasons we done so well last season is because we got the players in early and the squad had the chance to gel before the start of the season.

Redprintt likes this.
  5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

When does the 2015 summer transfer window open?
    The 2015 summer transfer window will officially open on Wednesday, July 1.

When does it close?
    Last year's summer window closed on September 1, but only because the traditional date, August 31, fell on a Sunday.
    This year, August 31 is on a Monday, so pencil that date in your diary if you're thinking about ringing in sick to stay glued to the deadline day coverage.
    The deadline for deals is usually 11pm.

6. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

In my mind, and this might sound harsh, we are where we should be. Last season matched expectations, but this is where the real work needs to be put in.

Last season went well, but I think both the fans and owners are underestimating just how big a jump up we're making. The Championship is unforgiving, and the last time we were in the league (when we had a number of established Championship level players) we were an embarrassment.

A lack of transfer activity might be a result of careful planning behind the scenes, with Cotterill on holiday knowing that everything is being sorted for his arrival. For me, it feels like we've underestimated the league once again by not being proactive in getting the players we want. The fact that senior management at Bristol City have even hinted at the potential of a run at the top of the table makes me really worried for this season.

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I think I would be more concerned if SC was bringing in players by the truckload with little thought as to how the individual pieces fit together. When new players are brought in there is always an adjustment period to make the right blend. Steve Cotterill is smarter than some of his predecessors in that he knows what he wants, and if you look back over the recent years when the ranting of the supporters went unheard in the quest to add a midfield general, and we now have to sit back and see what aces he has up his sleeve to bring the squad up to Championship standard.

The next few weeks will tell us a better story but for now we live off our expectations.

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

We did well last season because we bought the right players in, not because they got here early.

It doesn't actually do any harm to have them early if they're the correct ones, but not because some fans are bored and need to be fed some sort of news!

9. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Last year we were a big fish in a small pond
    This year we are trying to compete with big clubs, some of whom have big budgets - so not surprised at all

10. algenon

algenon Member

Echo both Banksy's reply's, wouldn't give a rats ass about transfers, Cott's knows what he's doing with the resources he's got, no knee jerk signings, patience is the key!

11. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Not REALLY worried, but I am slightly concerned at this display of nonchalance
    I would have thought the management would have used this summer to rubber-stamp our rise up the league to a Premiership-threatening position, but has preferred to spend June on holiday.
    Has last season gone to their heads ? ooooh I hope not, because we could quickly be back where we started

12. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Not concered one iota...SC & his staff know what there doing.

13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

No concerns yet,i am sure plenty of work is going on behind the scenes,quality not quantity is required.
    July will see progress.

14. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

REALLY hope you're right guys

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

When the signings start, then we can give our opinions.

16. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Man U have only made one signing so far this summer I believe but I bet their fans ain't panicking yet

18. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member