1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we staying up?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

For those that saw the game, have we got it in us??
    I only had radio commentary so can't judge by that? By the sounds of it Rodwell proved once again how much City had our eyes out by charging us best part of 10m and Larsons New found work rate and commitment was missed.
    Also where the feck was Watmore??? Sort it out Dick splash!!

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Not staying up now, it beggars belief that O Shea still started, he must run the club, and where was Defoe AGAIN, Whickam ponces about but does nowt, we are totally crap at home, and will be lucky to get 1 point out of 5 games. They squandered loads of chances today.

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I thought in the second half we showed a bit of fight and a fair amount to suggest we can collect a few points, the worry is that despite long spells of possession in good areas we didn't threaten a lot.

It was better though, and I've got a little bit more optimism after it, the Hull result was a massive kick in the bollocks, but we are not out, we need a result from an excellent Southampton, then we need a sell out and noise like a derby for the lads v Leicester.

I gave up hope a little after Palace, but I believe we can do it, I genuinely do.

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Ain't seen it yet <bubbly>

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Wasn't great Vince but there was a bit of life in there, you know you look at sides sometimes and the urgency and heart has gone and you can see it, like those up the road? Well, that wasn't the case.

We kept pressing and plugging and I just think we might, somehow get what we need.

Mind, the away following, for us, spoke volumes looked a fair few empty seats, don't hold that against anyone of course.

15 attemots away v Stoke suggests a team that had a ****ing go.

6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

The entire town?

Without Wickham we would've lost today... Or does his goal not come into it because it nullifies your point!

7. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

My brain and gut feeling is we r down, hope I'm wrong.
    Not being negative just realistic.

farnboromackem likes this.
  8. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

We sold 2360 out of 3000 pal. Not bad for the **** we have to put up with.

I thought we played well second half and it gives me abit of hope for next week. Hopefully we sell out the last two home games and I don't care if we give the tickets away.

Defoe and gomez We're hopeless today, gomez kicking corners out of ****ing play and Defoe can't control a ****ing ball.

The corn beef center half played well to. Surpriserd about that.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye Gomez baffles me, how is he a ****ing shoe in? You know it's not actually that he's a bad footballer he's just so ****ing slow to move that he's lost it every time.

Funny thing as well mate, Buckley I thought showed a bit of spark in running at folk, and out of nowhere he could actually be an asset for the last few games, at least he runs with the ball and he's trying to beat his man.

I'm not confident we will do it, but I have a bit of optimism.

10. The Ultimate Mackem

Hopefully he is drop for Larsson next week pal. Aye fair play to Buckley and Coates today like. Both had abit spunk about them.

I think we go down but I thought that last season and look what happen there LOL egg on face so hopefully we do it again.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, last season was a lot more desperate, and we did it. We can but hope mate!

The Ultimate Mackem likes this.
  12. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Ouch. You're ****ed now.

13. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

That's good been at work all day I will watch it tomorrow cheers mate <bubbly>

14. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2015-04-23-19-14-12.png

15. The Ultimate Mackem

How lucky was Leicester and hull for **** sake.

16. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

We are down for me. Seb coming back in May help.

Who is to blame.

Short - well intentioned but clueless trusts in con artists.

Congerton - wasting money on ****e.

Gus - so negative. Took all attacking instinct from the club.

The players -

Giaccarini - waste of money
    Alvarez - ****e
    Fletcher - complete flop
    O'shea - doesn't take critism. ****e captain. Heart of a pea. Past his best 2 years ago. The new contract was a joke.
    Johnson - clearly came to us for a piss up. Big time Charlie that has proved **** all.
    Rodwell - an out of position centre half for me.

Nah none of the above it's clearly the fans fault.

17. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Didn't see it myself tees but listened aswell. Three crucial points you've outlined that have summarised our season & what has been coming IMO. Over paying for players our staff 'have thought' would contribute significantly to the team.. Fletcher, 1st season 11 goals in 28 games was a great asset that season and if he didn't get injured then maybe 15 for that season which is well worth the money. Since then he has been dog S H I T. AJ I believe his goals have contributed to us staying up although he's been too inconsistent and whether guilty or not (I'll reserve that till the court date) the unwanted attention brought to SAFC doesn't help.. Rodwell so far a failure for me, like many others on here prob be played outta position.. Again our staff letting us down. The biggest contributor at the end of the day is 'work rate & commitment' doesn't matter if your missing key players etc, if a team is willing to fight tooth & nail for the cause then the results will look after themselves.. Lastly if we're going to have an academy then why not integrate one/two of the fellas into the seniors throughout the season? The best sporting sides throughout the world do that but we seem to dick around too much..

concrete tony likes this.
  18. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shame you can only hit the Like button once!! I Liked that post a lot!!!

19. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Just seeing if we can have a poll to this thread mods? If tees is cool with that? <ale>

20. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

After the second half performance yesterday I still think that we'll stay up, we showed a bit of fight in the second half which has by and large been missing for a while and we created a few chances both Defoe and Jones should have scored yesterday. With Larson to come back in that could provide an extra boost to our midfield and it will give us a chance from set pieces as Gomez was terrible with them yesterday.
    Still 5 games to go, if we lose next week and results go against us then I'll hit the panic button but on the basis of a decent second half yesterday I still think that we can survive.