1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ariel Borysiuk

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by GoldhawkRoad, Jul 26, 2017.

1. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Amongst the gloom of our poor ending last season and inactivity in the transfer market, these quotes by Holloway actually give me some optimism, because I always liked Borysiuk and thought we could get improvement from him. His return may indeed by like a new signing:

Queens Park Rangers manager Ian Holloway has spoken out about the future of midfielder Ariel Borysiuk, reports the club’s official website.

The 25-year-old moved to Loftus Road only last summer, and although he made eight Championship starts for the club before the New Year, he was then shipped out on loan to Polish side Lechia Gdansk in January.

And there the Poland international, capped 12 times by his country, started all but three of their top-flight games to help the club to a fourth place finish in the Ekstraklasa, missing out on a spot in the first qualifying round of the Europa League by just a point.

And although his future prospects at Loftus Road looked bleak following his loan spell, manager Holloway has spoken highly of the 25-year-old, labelling him like a ‘new signing’.

He told the club’s official website: ‘I’m delighted to have Ariel Borysiuk back.

‘I like his calmness and the way he passes the ball and the way he moves. It was the fact he spoke hardly any English. Pawel came through that though and he’s helping Ariel now.

‘He deserves the right for me to keep him and add him to my squad. For me that is like a new signing.’

These comments are sure to intrigue QPR fans, who have so far seen their club add very few players to their squad ahead of the new Championship season, which for them begins at home to Reading on August 5.

And given their close shave with relegation last term, finishing just two points clear of the bottom three, manager Holloway will need players like Borysiuk returning from loan spells to seriously improve the squad in their bid to retain their second tier status next season.

And Holloway’s comments suggest that the Poland international is set to stay at Loftus Road for the foreseeable future.

UNQUOTE

KooPeeArr, Uber_Hoop, UTRs and 4 others like this.
  2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think this fella's a good player. When I first saw him, I thought his playing style was a little reminiscent of Faurlin. Let's hope he can settle in and give us the kind of performances that Ale did.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Uber_Hoop, UTRs, QPR Oslo and 4 others like this.
  3. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Yes, I was pleased when we signed him because a mate of mine who commentates on European games told me he was an excellent passer.

4. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Hang on! Three positive comments in a row? No negativity for negativity's sake? This can't be the QPR not606 board. I must have pressed the wrong button or something.

5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

With both Cousins and Borysiuk back in the reckoning, we have plenty of options for the middle of midfield.

6. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I think expectations are gradually being lowered and realism is setting in. We're a small club with limited revenue. We need to punch above our weight to do well in the Championship.

7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

In midfield, Borysiuk, Goss, Manning, Cousins, Freeman, Scowen

I'd sell Luongo if a decent offer came in

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Mmm......I'm not a big fan of Cousins, but I do rate Borysiuk. Good news this.

9. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Exactly. Our biggest need has always been defence and, to a slightly lesser extent, up front.

And what have we got so far this window?

10. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Let's wait and see how he gets on. Don't proclaim him a saviour or a midfield magician just yet.

My last impression of him was a woeful performance against Ipswich at home when he was rightfully dragged after an hour.

Hope he proves me wrong

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I can't see Goss getting a game. It's unfair to judge him too much on his few appearances but he looks soft to me.

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Bit like Tom Carroll? Who was sensational for Swansea towards the end of last season.

I haven't seen Goss play so don't know if this is a fair comparison. I just remember Carroll being slagged off as a lightweight by Rs fans when he was clearly a better footballer than those around him.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    SW Ranger and rangercol like this.
  13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Carroll had a bit more about him IMO and was forced to carry Barton's ego at times. As I said, it's harsh to judge Goss but he looks to me like someone who has spent too much time playing non-competitive academy football and it'll be a steep learning curve in this tidal wave of **** of a division.

sb_73 likes this.