1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arrogance of Guardiola

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Have to say this article had me fuming.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-man-city-b-12487231

Perhaps an indication that all the "rich" clubs are only concerned about is themselves dressed up to try and look as if they are genuinely concerned about British football when they clearly are not.

English football, in particular, has more depth than just about any other country in the world and whilst there are issues to address we can happily do without the ignorant self serving comments of the likes of Guardiola.

I go back to previous threads where I've argued for the banning of loan deals in and out by PL clubs which would spread the players around other clubs for the better interests of the player and the other clubs instead of the "rich" clubs hoovering up all players and then loaning them out. Chelsea apparently have 38 players currently out on loan. Who does that benefit? Not the player for certain and not English football.

I can't wait for the Sky money bubble to burst and get football back to more like it used to be.

2. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

I've quit sky sports after they offered non subscribers much a better deal than they would let loyal old me have.

I take your point about the Pre sky days, but some of that era was just ugly. Our old stands were shocking and some of the pitches were like fields of mud.

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

True re stands but they've now been improved throughout the divisions in comparative terms and footballers, or at least the good ones, will adapt to the pitch, a la Best, Currie, Hudson etc.

4. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I think a better idea would be perhaps to create a Premier B team league which is separate from the standard football leagues.

The games could be held in the same stadiums and played on wednesday/thursday nights.

The clubs could opt in or out before the start of the season because it wouldn't be right to force clubs into this.

Seabass likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'm not arsed answering those ****ers 7 questions to access the article. Click bait heaven for those ****s.

Can someone copy and paste please?

6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Decent idea that is Tash. I'm not at all up for B teams playing in the Championship for instance tho.

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Then there's mourhinio who's spent hundreds of millions and made a team no better than van gaal

8. Seabass

Na they are definitely better now.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  9. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

They're **** mate van gaal was a better manager

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I get what he is saying but it does serve the rich and large clubs only.

If we get out of the league also, there are no other clubs where they will be playing in front of 40k. I bet its probably happened only once this season (probably Villa). Indeed there is probably only 6 clubs in the championship who have got more than 30K in any one game (Leeds, Villa, Derby, Brighton, Sheff Wed, us). At least half the league probably get on average 20k and below. He hasn't really looked into these things before he spoke.

I do think it would be an excellent experience for young players to play in competitive leagues. Perhaps if there was a rule forcing the PL clubs to play more of them regularly at PL level, there would be no need. But then that would see the big guns lose their financial edge wouldn't it and you might see the cartel broken up. The big money would disappear as it would no longer be the same vehicle to pedal their brands and focus on all things non football related. I note China have immediately introduced the 3 foreigner rule to stop their league being ruined at the start. They want to big but realise our mistakes in selling out our football means there is a price to pay.

I favour more young English lads being given their wings in the PL. That way you will develop more characters through their early experiences. You know like we did when our national team was good...

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

It's more ignorant than arrogant, he's talking like we're a perrenial second tier team and trying to make out you can regularly play against crowds of 52k in the second tier. Apart from this season we've been in the second tier once in the last 25 years, and we smashed it then like we're doing now.

This dicks need to realise the second tier means playing to 10k at Burton & Rotherham, not a packed house at SJP.

12. leez

leez Well-Known Member

i am not a fan of the bloke ..think he is vastly over rated ..and the prem is finding him out bigstyle

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  13. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

There's a reason why the Spanish, Portuguese and German lower leagues are ****. Guardiola should keep his oar out. If he doesn't like our game then **** off back to the continent. The guy was handed a world class team at Barca and managed to win things [shock horror.] Likewise Bayern.

leez likes this.
  14. Seabass

I think Van Gaal would have done well if he had a lot of time to get a squad he is happy with together and playing in his way. He's the kind of manager who is suited to a long term project. Jose has been better at using what he has got at his disposal more effectively.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

Van Gaal is very good at doing a lot of the dirty work. He needed a longer period, but I have no doubt he'd have got it right in the end. Man U don't want a long term project any longer. Ferguson has spoiled them and set a standard. Rightly or wrongly they are like the other clubs who just want to buy a load of world class players and hope the manager can meld them into a competitive team. This was always likely to happen after SAF retired unless they promoted from within. Even then it can be difficult as the guy stepping up has to be able to put his ego aside and say "this ain't broke".

Jose has a good record of doing what they are about now - he is normally successful when given money. Unlike Van Gaal he won't accept a year of pain to develop a player or system for the long term. He is there to win and will simply replace underperforming players with new ones.

16. Warmir Pouchov

17. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Only bothered to read the article now. Hank's comment - like the media reaction over it being a headline - is ridiculous. They put it up there as if the Queen rang up and wished you Happy Birthday. The touch of class has been demonstrated by the likes of Jermain Defoe and Everton FC for that young lad with the critical illness, not by Guardiola doing a normal thing a normal human (or alien) should do.

The first article, however, is a disgrace. He might as well have said "we could just put my 'B' team in the league today - I mean, what's a "Burton Albion" anyway, get rid of that garbage".

The top few are a disgrace, helped along by Rupert/Sky's money-at-all-costs approach. Not helped by a complete lack of national identity (heaven forfend we introduce a foreigners rule, that'll be racist).

18. Warmir Pouchov

So you don't think it was a touch of class for him to be aware and show a bit of solidarity with a fellow football man?

You're a classless ****er then mate <laugh>

19. Seabass

I think he was being genuine and wanted to wish him the best. Arter seems genuinely pleased. BTW I'd love Arter in our CM. Proper player

20. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

You can read, i said it was ridiculously over-lauded.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.