1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'Arry in the frame

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Home_and_Away, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Brendan Rodgers is the bookies’ favourite for Steve McClaren’s job, but Redknapp is also being considered
    please log in to view this image

Harry Redknapp is in the frame for the Newcastle job after their Selhurst Park slaughter on Saturday.

Brendan Rodgers is the bookies’ favourite for Steve McClaren’s job after the Magpies were stunned 5-1 by Crystal Palace, managed by former Toon boss Alan Pardew.

But Redknapp is also tipped to be the man to sort out the shambles with Newcastle having won just twice this season and fears that McClaren has lost the dressing room.

McClaren, whose men actually took the lead at Palace, remains adamant that is not the case.

The former England boss, who tore into his underperforming players in training last week, said: “The reaction from the beginning showed that they were very focused before the game. We’ve had 20 minutes where we’ve looked a good team.

Clive Rose/Getty

Despair: Steve McClaren during the rout at Selhurst Park
    “They’re not doing it for each other, and sometimes it’s not about me, it’s about each other.

“When you’re a player – and I’ve been a player and a coach and have been among dressing rooms that are not together – it’s about peer pressure.

“It’s about pride, it’s about working for each other, it’s about not letting him down next to me and him down next to me. At the present moment we’ve not got that.”

John Powell/Liverpool FC

Kop flop: Brendan Rodgers is the bookies' favourite to take over
    Toon legend Alan Shearer told Match of the Day on Saturday night: “You cannot coach players who do not want to be coached, who are not good enough. They have got too many Monday-to-Friday players: good in training, don’t want to perform on a Saturday.”

Papiss Cisse headed a 10th-minute opener but Newcastle were then abject as James McArthur and Yannick Bolasie both hit two, Wilfried Zaha hit the other.

Newcastle fans! Would you be happy with Harry Redknapp as manager?

Really .... <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> <---------- 6 in a row

Brian Storm likes this.
  2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

A perfect fit.

3. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Very true...

A 'cock' with a bunch of fanny's !!!

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Wow, Imagine being a Newcastle fan and having to choose between Rodgers and Redknapp, that'd be like having to choose a kick in the bollocks or a punch in the bollocks.

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> There's a few on here who rate Rodgers! (Not me though - Can't stand the arrogant prick!)

6. Tel (they/them)

He's ****ing awful mate, never liked him, sat and took a load of credit at Swansea that were owed to his two predecessors then took a ride on the Suarez train at Liverpool.

His record in the transfer market will put Newcastle's owner off, 100%. Then again, so would Redknapp's <laugh>

Nads likes this.
  7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Looks like they're stuck with tufty then. <laugh>

8. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Their between a rock and a hard place, the squad they have are not good enough, too light weight and the odd ones who are putting a shift in Jammet for one must be wondering what's going to go wrong next, I've never rated McLaren and didn't want him here but they have spent 50 million ......on what? They have a squad as bad as Villas and I can't see a new manager being able to turn things round with these players, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

9. Tel (they/them)

For the type of football they want to play, there's nobody better than McClaren who'd take the job.

For the type of football they need to play, McClaren is the wrong coach.

He'll not pick up another point before the window opens and they'd have to flip about 8 players in and out respectively, too much for any coach to deal with.

The first thing I'd do if I was in charge, is shoot Coloccini in both legs, ideally he needs put down though.

Nathan Brazil likes this.
  10. Billy Death

Wouldn't that do the job?
    He's the mags Bobby Moore don't you know. <laugh>

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Seems some of them are quite open to Rodgers. Very strange. I think the man is moron who got a top job by thriving off somebody elses groundwork.Let's face it. Newcastle has no foundations. It would be doomed for failure I think. Fingers crossed they get him.

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  12. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

My fingers are crossed in the hope that they'll keep Tufty :emoticon-0105-wink:

13. Tel (they/them)

He'd ****ing bore whatever life they have left in them, out of them. At least they can laugh AT Harry Redknapp, Brenda has no redeeming features.

It's like a farmer needing a working dog and choosing between a ****ing two legged Whippet and a dead Bichon Frise.

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Well I'm happy for them to keep Tufty, I'm happy for them to hire Brendon, 'Arry or Moyes. Tufty has lost them already, matter of time before he's gone. Brendon as you say, **** football and **** results, Arry will see the mess, throw caution and try to out score everyone and deliver lots of entertaining defeats(Which some of them say they'd be happy with) Moyes would probably keep them up but he wouldn't last as his defence first attitude boring football football would have the terraces turning on him regardless of results. They all sound good to me. <laugh>

15. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

'Arry could bankrupt even Ashley. He's done it nearly everywhere else. I'm just waiting for him to get the Etihad job - he could bankrupt a Middle Eastern state ffs. <laugh>

newboy likes this.
  16. Tel (they/them)

I reckon if they sacked McClaren, he'd stay on as DoF, which could work for them, but he'd need a good actual manager under him, not either of those two clowns.

The one that sticks out in my mind is Moyes, he's a good manager at that level and knows his eggs.

Like Bri says though, their fans will probably hound out any manager, they'd probably boo Ancelotti out the ground if he didn't turn them into top 4 contenders in 3 weeks.

17. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Seems to me like the usual press rubbish.

I reckon if Ashley had wanted Redknapp he`d have asked him before McLaren.

If, as has been suggested, he ruled himself out before, he`s hardly likely to be interested this time around. They`re in a worse state now than they were then.

The Relic and Billy Death like this.
  18. Billy Death

I know, funny as **** isn't it? <laugh>

grandpops likes this.
  19. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Certain managers (of Harry's class) may see the value of the contract offered mid season as being considerably more lucrative due to desperation. Also, when the bad times continue they can blame the previous chap

The Relic likes this.
  20. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

'Arry won't happen. He doesn't want to uproot his family/life from the sunny climes of the south coast. He'd bankrupt AND relegate us <yikes>. To be honest, I don't think we can attract anyone better than SMC at the moment. People like Rodgers will be aiming for higher than Newcastle and Moyes needs to take some time out in my opinion.