1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'Arry

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, Apr 10, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, I believe it's 15%.

2. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

We will probably sell him for a fraction of his true worth

3. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Some of you still think we are idiots when it comes to selling.

We aren't. Usually it is because some posters have deluded ideas on a players worth, and often it is tied to contract length remaining.

It's market forces and if we have anyone worth big money there will be competing bidders. Our sales to date haven't always attracted the stampede of clubs posters seem to expect.

Red top reader likes this.
  4. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Exactly that. Look at Snodgrass, everyone demanded a much higher fee but the only other club remotely interested were Burnley and they weren't ever going to pay that price. So why was nobody else interested? On KUMB West Haaaaaaam fans are now claiming we fleeced them massively and that the original 'derisory' offer they made was much closer to his real value.

5. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

So what is Harry worth.? What is an England CH prospect worth...one who by all accounts is of interest to several top clubs ??? What did Man City pay for Stones? What did Boro pay for Gibson who did not even appear to be in the same class as Harry in our recent match up?

Harry is still in the early stages of his career and has improved dramatically over the past year. Not only is he a physical colossus but he is very good technically on the ball, has great vision, and is a threat on set pieces. The way he runs and swerves his way through the opposition when he makes those runs forward reminds me of Canadian ice hockey great Wayne Gretzky. Its a priceless talent. Would anyone beside former Boro manager Southgate pick Gibson over Harry???

So Mr.Shoes...what do you think he's worth? A serious question.

Craigo likes this.
  6. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

Probably worth 20m we will sell for around 7

7. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

He's too late (unless your surname is Maguire and you named him Harry).

8. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Defenders don't usually go for loads. The exceptions are the top drawer players that top teams build around.
    Think stones or rio.

For a bloke who can't get a call up to the national team, behind Gibson and Keane who are with small clubs, we would be lucky to get ten to fifteen if that.

It depends on the number of teams bidding and the market (are other players available this summer?).

I think we would get less than ten. This isn't any judgement on him or his potential. But he isn't tested at the top and I don't see him as an automatic starter for any top six team.

Maybe one day. Maybe not.

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Boro paid nothing for Gibson, he's the owners nephew.

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He's better than Stones already in my opinion.

CANADATIGER likes this.

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

12. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

I reckon he's probably worth £12m - £15m. He's not as good as we think (£20m) but probably better than what others think (£8m).

13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If we got £15m for Harry I'd be satisfied with the fee, but I'd miss him as a player. If we stay up, I'd hope that Marco would be begging him to stay, make him one of our best paid players.

If not, I'm hard pressed to think of another ball playing defender who could fill the void. Josh Vela at Bolton maybe? Probably not.

Howden Tigress and CANADATIGER like this.
  14. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Our asking price for Harry will almost certainly depend on whether we stay up next season. If we are relegated there's probably no way financially we can keep him and no way career-wise he will want to stay. But if we do stay up, thanks in part to a strong defensive performance against Kane, Alii, et al in the Tottenham game, we need to build the defense around him, and a competitive wage offer plus the captaincy AND Silva's retention may be a strong inducement for him to stay. Relegated he'll probably go for 12 mill. Staying in the Prem...I can't see us listening to anything under 20 mill.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  15. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

In with a good shout of survival and your selling our best already?

The lack of backbone on here really is an embarrassment to the shirt.

Allam's OUT

16. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

You really think people wouldn't be interested? Sometimes it's inevitable and unavoidable.

17. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

I don't think we play the selling game very well at this club. Remember our dealings with Brentford for Odabajo and with Blackburn for Rhodes? They set a high price up front and let us do all the work to try and get near it. That guaranteed we would have to push the boat out as far as we could.

City seem to naively put a fair market value on our players leaving potential buyers to see what they can get away, meaning we end up with less than our valuation.
    If we're forced to sell Maguire stick £20million + on his head to ensure we get at least £15million.

18. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I don't think at his age and the price of players in today's market then 15 million is anyway near enough, we need to stay up get him to sign up and then if others wanted him he would cost a lot more than if we go down, the difference would be massive. Hopefully he will be here next season and we build the defence around him.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  19. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

I think Harry's a one off! we could take the money but we couldn't replace him! If we stay up we could command 25/30 mil easily! So if someone wants him pay the price!

CANADATIGER likes this.
  20. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

If silly money is offered than he'll be off, but it will show a massive lack of ambition if we stay up and he goes for a nominal fee