1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Everton

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, May 19, 2017.

1. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

What a sour final day.

Koscielny suspended for fa cup final
    Losing Gabriel to injury
    Sanchez injured as well.

All that's missing is an Everton equalizer

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah ****e. We need to raise ourselves for the cup final now, which is going to be even harder than it was before this game.

3. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

We got what we deserved, Europa League.
    Funny how the good teams like Spurs, City and Liverpool can annihilate the lesser opposition when they need to.
    We have struggled to do this in recent months which is why we are where we are.

BrunelGooner and PINKIE like this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yes I do.

@remembercolinlee

PINKIE and remembercolinlee like this.
  5. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

If only we were prepared for the FIRST game of the season against Liverpool...

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Not gonna take the piss but glad you liked my gooner match threads!

PINKIE likes this.
  7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Have you seen our results this year. If we could win 1-0 against the lesser opposition we'd have walked the league!

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

What like having newly acquired CB in place rather than quibble over the price (and then getting ****ed over the price) and so start season without enough CB so we lose opening game at home !

take a look back at the stats for us in the opening game over last 10 years and we have only won something like 3 times - because we always dick around in the transfer market and rest players, whilst other teams seem to manage their transfer business quicker and their players are always available for the start of the season

i am so ****ing annoyed at Wenger

BobbyD and bobo_97 like this.
  9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Thanks - now **** off

Nah you are ok for a spud

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

They were good fun, cheers <ale>

Anyway, everybody knows the Europey pot is where it's at <whistle>

11. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

I hope we at least put some effort in to win it, unlike certain other premiership teams

12. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I don't think we can have too many complaints, to be honest. Over the course of the season, we really didn't deserve to be in the top four. You can often point at many instances in the season that was the defining moment, but for me, the manner of the loss to West Brom is what killed our top four chances. That performance showed to me that the players didn't have stomach for the battle any longer. And it was only when the weight of expectation was off our shoulders & it looked like an impossible job that we started to perform again. Too little, too late, though.

I'm fully expecting Wenger to stay irrespective of the FA Cup final result. But I don't know what he's going to do with the Europa - personally, I think we should try and win it because our European record isn't great, we would be one of the favourites to win the competition if we took it seriously (and we don't get to say that often), we could get a trophy and get Champions League football too. The flip side however is that the fixture congestion would be a pain in the arris and it all depends on whether Wenger thinks our best route back into the Champions League is via the league or the Europa. Given his notable disdain for the competition, what I suspect is that he will field the kids in the Europa and make sure we take the league more seriously.

It's going to be interesting to see how we juggle both Europa and PL. But all I can say is that I expect there to be a lot of interchanging in the top 4 positions between Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Spurs over the coming years. The days of us regularly securing top 4 are over methinks. It's going to be a lot more competitive from this point forwards.

13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Funny how a Spurs supporter brought the Arsenal forum back to life with our match threads. Hope you do the last one for our FA Cup <ok>

14. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

tbh Europa is a big distraction .. it will add injuries and fatigue.. and after all that you may end up losing in the final as it happened to liverpool last season.
    it definitely had costed us 3rd-4th place this season

15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be negative but i can't see how we'll get into the top 4 again. I can't see Maureen having a worse season and will no doubt strengthen in the summer and do better, plus the new players he has will do better too. Actually all the teams you mentioned will strengthen over the summer and should get better. The only doubt i have is Spurs and how they will cope with playing at Wembley and CL football at the same time. If they can manage both then they should get into the top 4 again as the manager and team are very good.

But when you look at us then you're not sure where our improvements are coming from. If anything, we need a lot more strengthening than any of those teams if we lose Sanchez or Ozil, if its both then forget it. Can you honestly believe that our club will go all out and buy what's necessary in the summer transfer window without pussy footing around like they always do? I can't see it. We need some proper heavy hitting players to come in and make the right impact next season, but i fear that our club has hit a turning point, and that point is heading downwards unless we see some serious changes from top to bottom. That unfortunately isn't happening until we hit rock bottom, and we aren't close to that yet.

16. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Exactly but we didn't did we.

17. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

It's looking like Mustafi might be out for the final as we'll... Monreal at CB? lol

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It will be Mertesacker.

19. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Ah yes I forgot about him. At least him and Holding might be able to stop Cahill scoring headers

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We could play Holding at CB, Bellerin and Monreal RB and LB respectively